Sign in to follow this  
Pablojc

MJ Dash 8 Q-400 problem after assigning a command

Hi Scot

Well everything works fine with the MJ Dash 8 Q400, now I can program the buttons and activate immediately (they already work without restarting the FS).

The other thing I tell you about, on PMDG airplanes (737-777), when I turn the knobs for altitude, the screen is displayed in meter and feet and is uncomfortable to read (happens in the SMP). The same happens with IAS, HDG and VS.

I will continue playing with SPAD and LINDA to see if I can fix it. Any suggestions you have please let me know.

Greetings from Caracas.
Paul

Pablo Chiabrera

Hi Scot, I hope everything is fine.

I already installed everything clean, the latest version of LINDA, FSUIPC and MJ Dash8 Q400. Now the settings of the buttons and switches are activated immediately.

The problem now is when turning the knob to increase or decrease the Alt, VS, IAS and HDG, the Multi Panel display shows the altitude in feet but when releasing the knob, the Multi Panel shows the altitude in meters again. This happens in the MJ Dash8 Q400 and PMDG 737 and 777.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Pablo Chiabrera

Hi Paul

There are differences in the way altitude is stored in different Flt Sims and some aircraft. The FSUIPC offset definition is in Metres and this has to be converted for use in Feet except if using P3D or A2A aircraft (i.e. C172/C182). There is a test in LUA to correct this differences. I have tested with default and A2A aircraft are they are working correctly. 

As I am sure I have mentioned before, the Multi Panel will not work correctly with Q400 or PMDG aircraft as they are not standard 'FSX' aircraft. Please remind which Flt Sim, LINDA and FSUIPC versions you are using.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

The funny thing is that with LINDA version 1.0.3, I did not have that error with any airplane. The problem started after I made the update to version 3 of LINDA.

Thanks

Paul

Pablo Chiabrera

I forgot to tell you that also when using the rotating knob the lights blink in the multipanel

Paul

Pablo Chiabrera

A lot has changed over the past 2 years between 1.13 and 3.0.1. That includes changes to the management of altitude and the introduction of P3D v3 and v4. You still don't say what versions you are using of FSUIPC and FSX/P3D.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 minute ago, Pablojc said:

I forgot to tell you that also when using the rotating knob the lights blink in the multipanel

Paul

That suggests you have not set up Saitek options correctly. What are you using to drive the Multi-panel?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 minute ago, ScotFlieger said:

That suggests you have not set up Saitek options correctly. What are you using to drive the Multi-panel?

I'm using to control the multipanel only SPAD

Pablo Chiabrera

OK. When using SPAD you need to deselect Saitek Panels on Setup LINDA and disable the Multi-panel in Setup Joysticks.

I will take a look at the Altitude Metre/Feet issue for FSX with Q40/PMDG when I can find some time. It will not be quick. However, using SPAD only (with LINDA disabled as above) should remove this problem for you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

OK. When using SPAD you need to deselect Saitek Panels on Setup LINDA and disable the Multi-panel in Setup Joysticks.

I will take a look at the Altitude Metre/Feet issue for FSX with Q40/PMDG when I can find some time. It will not be quick. However, using SPAD only (with LINDA disabled as above) should remove this problem for you.

Ok Scot, I will try what you suggest and I will comment.

Thanks again.

Pablo Chiabrera

Hi Scot,
Nothing, it does not work. I will continue flying like this.

Thank you
Paul

Pablo Chiabrera

1 hour ago, Pablojc said:

Hi Scot,
Nothing, it does not work. I will continue flying like this.

Thank you
Paul

Saying "it does not work" does not really allow me to help you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

32 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Saying "it does not work" does not really allow me to help you.

Scot, excuse my bad English.

I deselected the Saitek Panels on Setup LINDA and disable the Multi-panel in Setup Joysticks. This did not help to correct the problem, in the screen of the SMP continued showing me the values in meters and feet. Deactivating the SMP, it stopped working.

Something important that I did not tell you, the Saitek Panel I have configured the buttons with LINDA and the adjustment of ALt, HDG, IAS and VS with Spad an FSUIPC.
I think I'm complicating you with my entanglements (sorry) but I have no other way to program the use of SMP.

Thankful for your time.
Paul

Pablo Chiabrera

14 hours ago, Pablojc said:

Scot, excuse my bad English.

I deselected the Saitek Panels on Setup LINDA and disable the Multi-panel in Setup Joysticks. This did not help to correct the problem, in the screen of the SMP continued showing me the values in meters and feet. Deactivating the SMP, it stopped working.

Something important that I did not tell you, the Saitek Panel I have configured the buttons with LINDA and the adjustment of ALt, HDG, IAS and VS with Spad an FSUIPC.
I think I'm complicating you with my entanglements (sorry) but I have no other way to program the use of SMP.

Thankful for your time.
Paul

I am aware of an issue of displaying metres and feet on the Saitek Multi-Panel but, as I said, it will be some time before I will have the opportunity to investigate. I don't have a solution for you. Other 'real world' work is getting in the way.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK