Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Now generating Spain and Portugal in the background with GO2

Looking forward to new screen shots. Keep them coming.

Hans

What's GO2?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Also on the topic of Spain.  Is there already Spain UHD freeware Photoscenery already available?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

32 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Let me know how you get on :-)

I was going to use BI, but chickened out...and went for GO2, of which I know will generate very well...:)

If all of Spain and Portugal (can't wait for Lisbon!) are at GO2, I can't imagine too many snafu's with color, tile to tile...:)

I'm soon going to need to flow all this to the new 8TB My Book...installed today.

Welcome to Bilbao, Spain...:

These are with GO2 as the source. I am right now re-cutting with BI(ng), 'cuase I like the look of most BI tiles I have created elsewhere. That's what nice about this program, you can do whatever you want..and whenever you want...

Cessna_172_SP_5.png

Cessna_172_SP_6.png

Cessna_172_SP_7.png

Cessna_172_SP_8.png

Cessna_172_SP_4.png

Cessna_172_SP_5.png

Here's around Lisbon, Portugal, re-cut with BI as the source. In my opinion, much better and clearer.  Both the GO2 and BI were at their zl17 ratings, but I think that the sat camera's that BI uses, might be a little more higher resolution. Don't know...just guessing...

The shots around Bilbao, Spain, are ok...but I am re-cutting with BI there,too..and will be much better, at least for my Ortho viewing standards. :)

Cessna_172_SP_18.png

Cessna_172_SP_19.png

Cessna_172_SP_20.png

Well, this is my map of my final foray into Europe. This is the flight arena, that interests me. I have just started a 97 tile capture of the entirety of Portugal, and Spain.

Yep..97 tiles at zl17/19/2

I've enjoyed the sample tiles I created for parts of Portugal and Spain. Two very beautiful and diverse countries. Will enjoy taking longs flights over the 'real world' when all tiles have generated. BI(ng) gives the best visuals. That was what my testing this evening was about...settling on a source for both countries.

Final_Europe.jpg

Cheers,

Goodnight, all! :)

Ses

• Upvote 1

Mitch how many storage units do you have ? that looks bloody huge

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

2 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Mitch how many storage units do you have ? that looks bloody huge

Hi Zulfiqar,

I have four  8TB My Books, one 5 TB, one 4 TB, and three 2TB's, so 47 TB's in total.

This is only the European Map.  Of course there is already North America...that is done up and down both the Pacific and Atlantic coasts. I also have the Mexican Riviera done as well.  The only thing I don't have tile shoulder-to-shoulder upon North America, are the middle Plains. I have left that region as XP11 Default. Good enough for the FL's...

What's the best of Ortho I found? It is this...that not one square mile of the hundreds of thousands of square miles I have generated since the start of getting seriously into Ortho, is repeated. Hell...not an inch is repeated in any way, such as constantly with synthetic ground textures driven by land-class files.  I mean...I have thousands of dollars of Orbx this 'n that...and when I look at it now, in running P3D or FSX, the first thing that comes to mind...is...fake, a synthetic representation. It looks like a computer game. It has really ruined the experience there, for zl17 ortho, self-generated with this simply must-have, FANTASTIC program; Ortho4XP, has ruined the MS-based flight experience for me. That's why I haven't even purchased P3D 4.x yet. I see all the screen shots of others that have...and look at the scenery, and just...well...cringe. I know that sounds harsh...but it is the truth at my end.  Each to their own...and for those that prefer that, over well-done veritus orthophoto....all is good!

I snuck a look at the the soon-to-be-released Orbx OpenLC South America...looked at the pics posted... and cringed. :mellow:

To see a private property...that is EXACTLY how it looks like in placement...the outbuildings...the farmland, and their borders around them all...tree-lines...EVERYTHING Zulfiqar, ...is so astonishing, when you realize that you are seeing this inside a created world...XP 11 'virtual space', and you only merely have to view the ACTUAL real-world .jpg picture taken from Space...and then look at the Orhto4XP generation of that picture into a 100 percent 'custom' flight simulator scenery texture, that together seamed, creates the tile you're flying over...well...there is NOTHING that can match it. Nothing! No other texture, other than from real-world sat shots, no other flight sim platform. We'll see what comes of creating your own scenery later, with AF2. The jury is open for that. :)

Each to their own, of course....but I see P3D (x), FSX(x) and FS9 (x) now as a stepping stone, to the day that I could take off, with a flight simulator, and fly over yep...the real world.  XP11 64 bit, and Ortho4XP tiles generated at zl17/19/2 has finally after all these years in the hobby (from 1978-2017) continuous, one form or another, one computer platform or another...now has arrived.

That's why I don't even fly anymore with an XP11 overlay in daylight. That itself, masks out the 'marrow of the bones' in this simply fabulous usage experience. I don't need animated cars travelling along the roads. I have the REAL car, truck, camper, image-upon-roadway, that was captured at the time of the satellite camera shot...and THEY are on the real roads, highways, and interstates...with the curious happening, that my mind now 'animates' them....as I fly over them. I 'see' in my mind's eye, as moving on down the roadway. And, being of different shapes and sizes, as caught in the .jpg of the sat shot..looks to my mind's eye now, more real, then the animated cars and trucks of even XP itself. 

I can't tell you how elated as a flight simulator enthusiast, I am, with  having the simply and DEADLY, XP11/Ortho4XP combo at my beck 'n call.

Also...there was NOTHING that would bring my wife into the Den, in ALL THESE YEARS, to be part of this, other than to bring me a cup of coffee, if I asked for it, as she swung by the kitchen on her way past the Den door, or to come to the door to tell me this n' that...or that she needs me for same....but now...she might say; "Hon...are you wanting to flight sim right now?"  "Nope...". "Good...I'm going to for 1/2 an hour".

Ever since she stood over my shoulder on a coffee hand-off...and saw the Ortho4XP of Myrtle Beach, weeks ago...AND....asked if that was the Gay Dolphin on the downtown strand (which BLEW MY MIND!), with my saying; "..why yes, it is, sweetie"..., she has become very good with the Eclipse 550 (her all-raving favorite!) and has burned through hundreds of  gallons of virtual jet fuel...since that day. 

I'd have to say, that it was Ortho4XP at zl17/19/2 and XP 11, that converted HER, to being a Flight Simulator Enthusiast.

Cheers,

From Mich n' the Missus :biggrin: 

• Upvote 1