Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Now generating Spain and Portugal in the background with GO2

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Zulfi just pointed me to this thread !

I'm so away from being able to download anything now, for my XP11.... and my disk so small ( have to buy a decent SSD )...

Can you please show me how it is looking near my airfield ?

LPMN ( Montemor-o-Novo )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ya Mitch , it's totally a different experience, India  never had good ortho at least till a year back  but now the coverage is very good and I truly enjoy flying at least the southern area. I can see my house and all the places. 

You have done Alaska / BC ? if yes then what source did you use ? are the orthos good e.g. no discoloration

I am currently on the road to doing Kruger / Africa and its simply breathtaking when I hit the mountains else its more of a flat land. I am planning on touching areas around DRC / Kenya too.

Do you think I could borrow your storage for a few months ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Zulfi just pointed me to this thread !

I'm so away from being able to download anything now, for my XP11.... and my disk so small ( have to buy a decent SSD )...

Can you please show me how it is looking near my airfield ?

LPMN ( Montemor-o-Novo )

I will be most happy to, Jcomm, but...but...don't get pi*sed off at me, if after seeing, you DUMP everything else and honk on, after this, like a duck-to-water!  You've been warned, LOL...and you won't be able to blame me thereon-after!  LOL :anonymose:

As soon as I finish generating both entire countries, I plan to create a visual trans-country flight with snaps every ten or so miles, to show exactly what I am typing about...that never, never, is there one repeated land-class shape, farm field shape, farm properties, suburbs, rurals....(each is generated into a texture by the very satellite capture ) over the entire flight path. I'd have to say, that XP11, with 'flying' over tiles generated from real-life sat textures, has been the best and most convincing flight simulation experience to date, in the pursuit of this hobby. It is what I had ALWAYS sought, since the days of the Atari 800 and 1040.  

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the flight has arrived at the gate...."

Cheers,

Mitch 'n Missus, ( I have to include her now, LOL!) :biggrin:

53 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Ya Mitch , it's totally a different experience, India  never had good ortho at least till a year back  but now the coverage is very good and I truly enjoy flying at least the southern area. I can see my house and all the places. 

You have done Alaska / BC ? if yes then what source did you use ? are the orthos good e.g. no discoloration

I am currently on the road to doing Kruger / Africa and its simply breathtaking when I hit the mountains else its more of a flat land. I am planning on touching areas around DRC / Kenya too.

Do you think I could borrow your storage for a few months ?

I actually have not done Alaska, or its equal in Canada, (have done B.C., though...) Vancouver is deadly!...not the NW Territories, as it was not actually comprised by XP, the last time I looked at it. So...nothing there for that. I still can...tons of room for that, yet. I have just below Alaska, with also no 'Plains' provinces within Canada.  Flatlands just don't interest me. I need lakes/ocean/mountains to make me push the generate button...lol.

Post Edit:  I used BI(ng).  Played around with others...but I still go back to BI as my 'go-to'. It is also a faster compile experience with using that source. At least, in my experience, thereof.

I probably will do Alaska, for as much as it is there in XP11. It was in XP10...but there were still places that were not manifested the last time I scoped it out.

Mitch n' Missus.

Thx Mitch, really looking forward into it :-)

XP11 ( Steam ) is here to stay, sharing my flightsim partition with IL2 Battle of ...

DCS ( Steam ) might rejoin latter.... depending on how DCS will grow in Steam...

But X-Plane 11 is very very attractive and smooth now on my rig, and I really like even the default weather graphics... 

Just looking forward for Austin's Magic due XP11.10 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I actually have not done Alaska, or in Canada, the NW Territories, as it was not actually comprised by XP, the last time I looked at it. So...nothing there for that. I still can...tons of room for that, yet. I have just below Alaska, with also no 'Plains' provinces within Canada.  Flatlands just don't interest me. I need lakes/ocean/mountains to make me push the generate button...lol.

I probably will do Alaska, for as much as it is there in XP11. It was in XP10...but there were still places that were not manifested the last time I scoped it out.

Mitch n' Missus.

Alaska / BC coverage is not good , but do try it. 

Cheeers

@jcomm

You should take the ortho plunge , it is a different experience

54 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Thx Mitch, really looking forward into it :-)

XP11 ( Steam ) is here to stay, sharing my flightsim partition with IL2 Battle of ...

DCS ( Steam ) might rejoin latter.... depending on how DCS will grow in Steam...

But X-Plane 11 is very very attractive and smooth now on my rig, and I really like even the default weather graphics... 

Just looking forward for Austin's Magic due XP11.10 :-)

Yeppers, me too. BTW, at Lisbon...I had one shot that really showed that bridge and all the support cables...it comes across really nice in the ortho capture. I'll certainly do a fly around for you, Mr. Lisbon Guy! :) The 'view' will be at zl17/19/2.

If you look at the test shots above (shot 2 holds the bridge in the far left of the pic ) that I did at Lisbon with BI, you can just make it out to the left in the distance...was foggy when xEnviro did its thing...

Later,...

Mitch and the Missus ( who now fight the other off, to get to the 'cockpit'....   Lord...what have I done?  Should have kept the Den door locked....dang!)

Superb shots, Mitch. I'm not on XP11 yet, But I will soon. Can I ask you a question. You certainly know photoscenery in FSX/P3D, freeware and payware. How does Ortho compare to this?

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Superb shots, Mitch. I'm not on XP11 yet, But I will soon. Can I ask you a question. You certainly know photoscenery in FSX/P3D, freeware and payware. How does Ortho compare to this?

"Oh my Gawd!", Bernd1151, you wanna fly over YOUR home, YOUR town/city, YOUR state...fly over the main street that connects to the side-street your home sits off of? Want all that?

Ortho4XP and XP11 

Compared to Ortho-for-purchase, for any MS-based flight sim, I'd honestly have to say that your self-generated zl17(or even 18)/19/2 with such sources within Ortho4XP like BI(ng)  Bing Map Servers, gives the most veritus, true-to-life ground representation, that can be had while flight simming.  I have seen MS-based ortho, and (personal opinion in play), it still looks like a pastel cartoon, to me. I think that also has to do with the fact it is either P3D, or FSX that it is rendering with.  XP11 is truly, a different bird.

Ortho4XP driving XP11, with high feature settings, has the right color, depth-of-field, and can totally convince your mind, that you are seeing 3D, even with NO AUTOGEN, because of the excellent rendering of 3D-height cues...such as sun-cast (time-of-day-cast) shadows falling from the real world object, either a tree, sign, building, all of it. Because of that, I no longer use an autogen overlay of any kind, for daylight flight ops.  At zl17, the clarity is so great...no matter what the altitude EVEN IN THE FIRST STAGES OF ROTATION!....that the shadows cast from the so-called by others, flat ground objects, sends the right signals to the brain, that there is height-above-the-ground, to that object. Totally believable. Totally! You might also want to track down BlueFX and try the Extra Gloomy pre-set.  The colors will simply POP out at you...great depth of color...looks like the great colors that could be had in FS9. What they ever did to go to the washed out pastels of FSX and then P3D (with FS9's color pallet as the water-mark) ...beat's the heck outta me! Look at all the texture (color) saturation programs, and file tweaks that came out for P3D, because of such as that.

Don't forget, if you decide to get into this fully...that there are a TON of advanced generations features, that reside within the Ortho4XP.cfg file.  Turn these on..such as Terrain Casts Shadows, and even more...will be your veritus real-world flight enjoyment. I have them all on...and the results, drop my jaw to the desktop, even now, with each flight.  The spatial lighting system of XP11 itself, further adds to the visuals, that yep...THERE you are...and that dang Mosquito, is too! :)  "Oh look...you missed that trim on the bush to the left of your doorway... BI(ng) caught that from Space...oh well"....it is, what it is...LOLOLOLOLOL!

Generations set to zl17 (or zl18)/zl19 for 2 km's surrounding all your airports and airfields....you do this...and you will be flying for the very first time, over truly, the real world. If the sat shots could catch the mosquito that was about to land on you, while cutting the grass...it would be there, too!

How's that for an answer....?

9 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

How's that for an answer....?

Absolutely brilliant. Thanks Mitch,

Bernd

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Almost done...33 tiles left to generate for the countries of Spain and Portugal! :)

Will have a blast flying over these two beautiful countries. Can't wait!

For a tile generation within North America, I can generate 3 tiles per hour at zl17/19/2. 

For upon the European continent, about 2.5 tiles per hour, as there is so much more OSM data for Europe, and it creates a larger tile, with more detail.  

For 33 tiles...about another 15 or so hours to go....but hey, when I started, I had over 90 to generate! We are getting there.... :)

almostdone.jpg

Well, while I was checking out a couple of North Island tiles that finished generating from New Zealand, and while I had XP11 running, decided to shoot back to Bilbao, Spain, within my now country-wide finished series.

Wow...can't wait to do a complete cross-country over Spain!  What a beautiful country, captured by satellite!

Generated at with BI(ng) at zl17/19/2

Enjoy:

Cessna_172_SP_51.png

Cessna_172_SP_52.png

Cessna_172_SP_44.png

Cessna_172_SP_45.png

Cessna_172_SP_46.png

Cessna_172_SP_47.png

Cessna_172_SP_48.png

Cessna_172_SP_49.png

Cessna_172_SP_50.png

Mitch, would you mind sharing your Ortho4XP setting for masks? I wonder what you choose for complex or not and the mask width. 

Hans