Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Next product of PMDG

26 minutes ago, liketofly1 said:

A nice Embraer 170/175 and 190/195 family would be more than welcome.... 

Perhaps if Boeing were to Takeover Embraer! :)

Would love to see a PMDG 787 or 737MAX! I don't really like old aircrafts.

• Upvote 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

+1 for both! A 787 seems more likely than a 737MAX, due to the fact that the 737MAX is so new.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

All in all, we really need the new types of planes which airlines now use ... A PMDG 787 would really hit the spot!
But in general we need renditions of 787, A350 and A380... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

+1 for both!

A 787 seems more likely than a 737MAX, due to the fact that the 737MAX is so new.

but we have another B787 for us which is licensed by boeing so i doubt it. a 737 max might be good. but maybe the first thing could be to have split scimitar winglets.

12 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

but we have another B787 for us which is licensed by boeing so i doubt it. a 737 max might be good. but maybe the first thing could be to have split scimitar winglets.

That's true - I assume that you mean the QualityWings 787? (Is that licensed by Boeing?!)

Firstly, I haven't seen the final product, but in my personal opinion, I highly doubt that the QualityWings 787 is on the same level of what PMDG could achieve...

Secondly this development from QualityWings has taken, what? 3-4 years so far? And that's only for the FSX version *sigh*. When it's released, they now have to begin the process of re-develop that code into 64-bits... Which most likely takes another year... 

The QualityWings 787 does look impressive. I'm sorry, people and it's not to be a negative-nally or nay-sayer - but to be honest, I'll curb my enthusiasm till I see the product, depth and quality (and performance)... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

That's true - I assume that you mean the QualityWings 787? (Is that licensed by Boeing?!)

Firstly, I haven't seen the final product, but in my personal opinion, I highly doubt that the QualityWings 787 is on the same level of what PMDG could achieve...

Secondly this development from QualityWings has taken, what? 3-4 years so far? And that's only for the FSX version *sigh*. When it's released, they now have to begin the process of re-develop that code into 64-bits... Which most likely takes another year... 

The QualityWings 787 does look impressive. I'm sorry, people and it's not to be a negative-nally or nay-sayer - but to be honest, I'll curb my enthusiasm till I see the product, depth and quality (and performance)... 

Actually, the QW787 will be released summer 2017 for both FSX and P3Dv4 (and the plane will be 64bit in v4). QW made a post about it on their Facebook page as well as pricing.

But I definitely agree that people shouldn't expect a PMDG level simulation coming from QW. I think a while back QW stated they were only modeling 80% of the aircraft (can someone confirm?). And not to mention they don't even go into simulating failed systems much at all.

But even with that being the case, it will be the most complex aircraft QW has ever done. And I do believe it will be an aircraft that is enjoyable and one that people will spend many hours in.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HighFlier said:

Actually, the QW787 will be released summer 2017 for both FSX and P3Dv4 (and the plane will be 64bit in v4). QW made a post about it on their Facebook page as well as pricing.

That's not true. This is what they wrote on their update on June 11th:

The Ultimate 787 Collection will be available for: Microsoft Flight Simulator X / FSX Steam Edition and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.

Initially the product will only be released for FSX.

After which, they begin the process of making it available for Prepar3D V4. I highly doubt, that they can complete that process in a matter of months, given the fact that they've taken 4 years so far in development... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

MAX is coming but PMDG have to push out the DC6 and 747-8 as well as platform updates for the 777 and NGX AND the secret project

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, captainsazzman said:

MAX is coming but PMDG have to push out the DC6 and 747-8 as well as platform updates for the 777 and NGX AND the secret project

Soooo... Christmas? :happy:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

5 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

That's not true. This is what they wrote on their update on June 11th:

After which, they begin the process of making it available for Prepar3D V4. I highly doubt, that they can complete that process in a matter of months, given the fact that they've taken 4 years so far in development... 

Well my eyes seemed to glance over that. You're right. My mistake.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HighFlier said:

Well my eyes seemed to glance over that. You're right. My mistake.

Hehe... No harm done.

I'm kinda excited of the 787 - have been since it was announced (ages ago). But at the same time, I'm also kinda annoyed, that it's - first of all taking that long and that they prioritize FSX over Prepar3D. But I guess that's the platform they initially began development in - just like FSLabs. FSLabs took 5 months to make it available to Prepar3D V3. We'll see how long it takes QualityWings.

I may have to re-install FSX just for this one... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

I always find the 'What should PMDG make' questions kinda funny.  There are basically two groups.  One group views FS airplanes as the Airline Accountant would (ie real world aviation economics).  The Accountant asks what is it's fuel burn, what is it's Payload?  Those are the planes are common because they are the most practical and economical.  Thus the commonly used airplanes are preferred by this group.

The other group views FS airplanes from a pilot's perspective....ie how fast does it go, how far does it go?  This group tends to prefer the more exotic or high performance planes.  It's kinda funny because many pilots view airplanes like most teenage boys view cars.  The parents drive a minivan because it is common, practical and reasonably economical.  The teenager, while happy to have the chance to drive, doesn't have posters of minivans on his bedroom wall lol.  

There is no wrong way to view FS, it's whatever you want to make of it and what aspect of aviation you choose to focus on.  I just find it funny there are pretty much two consistent themes going here.  PMDG isn't alone in this, this is a common thread at A2A as well.  On the one hand, make common GA planes that every pilot has flown.  On the other hand do exotic warbirds and propliners that only super rich and museums can operate.  I think its important to have both.  I like the GA planes because I have actual flight time in those planes, and I know them and understand their systems.  Those planes are great for practice.  However the desire to fly a P-51 or Spitfire is undeniable.  Every pilot I know, (including me), would jump at the chance to fly a warbird or exotic GA (with proper training of course).  The chance to fly a Mustang or Spitfire would be like a any auto enthusiast getting the chance to drive a Shelby Cobra or Jaguar XKSS.  Because those exotic types are so much more rare, having them in simulated form brings those exotic planes to many of us who would never get a chance to fly one. 

I think PMDG does a great job finding a balance between the common and the exotic.

Cheers

TJ

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

But at the same time, I'm also kinda annoyed, that it's - first of all taking that long and that they prioritize FSX over Prepar3D. But I guess that's the platform they initially began development in - just like FSLabs. FSLabs took 5 months to make it available to Prepar3D V3. We'll see how long it takes QualityWings.

One thing you have to consider, and most people don't seem to be aware of, is that not only is QualityWings a small development group, they also aren't developing planes full time like PMDG is. Take both factors into account, and it is going to take a while. As for prioritizing FSX over Prepar3D, you are correct in that it was the platform that they initially started developing for, as development had started many years ago, likely before Prepar3D became mainstream.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.