Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Next product of PMDG

I do truly hope the 777-200ER is shortly to come. It's really needed in FSX considering most 777 operators do or have used it and the big dogs like Delta, United, American, British, Air France, KLM and pretty much everyone else out there has them. I would probably spend most of my FS time in that fleet type.  A new 757/767 would be swell too but 772 first. LOL. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ryan Spel said:

I do truly hope the 777-200ER is shortly to come. It's really needed in FSX considering most 777 operators do or have used it and the big dogs like Delta, United, American, British, Air France, KLM and pretty much everyone else out there has them. I would probably spend most of my FS time in that fleet type.  A new 757/767 would be swell too but 772 first. LOL. 

I'd certainly like to see one. The lack of one was what stopped me from buying the 777 in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'd certainly like to see one. The lack of one was what stopped me from buying the 777 in the first place.

I certainly found myself wondering why the aircraft they picked for the base package was one that needed to ship with an overwhelming majority of fictional liveries vs real operators.

And this is completely off topic, but I find myself really liking that 747 livery in your sig. Am I right in reading the back as being Paramore? (I'm assuming the band, but I frequently make incorrect assumptions, but if so then I'm even more a fan of the livery)

• Upvote 1

Mark Fox

1 hour ago, markdf said:

I certainly found myself wondering why the aircraft they picked for the base package was one that needed to ship with an overwhelming majority of fictional liveries vs real operators.

I can kind of see it from a simplicity side of it with one engine variant versus three. That said, I don't necessarily agree with it.

1 hour ago, markdf said:

And this is completely off topic, but I find myself really liking that 747 livery in your sig. Am I right in reading the back as being Paramore? (I'm assuming the band, but I frequently make incorrect assumptions, but if so then I'm even more a fan of the livery)

That would be the band. I believe that was their font and logo for their self-titled album.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

7 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

I can kind of see it from a simplicity side of it with one engine variant versus three. That said, I don't necessarily agree with it.

True, but nothing said they had to model all three variants either.  (Given the low number of actual 200LR liveries provided, I'd argue that if they wanted to do that and the 300ER, then the 300ER should have been the base, not the 200LR)

7 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

That would be the band. I believe that was their font and logo for their self-titled album.

In which case, I'm even more of a huge fan of the livery then

Mark Fox

1 hour ago, markdf said:

True, but nothing said they had to model all three variants either.  (Given the low number of actual 200LR liveries provided, I'd argue that if they wanted to do that and the 300ER, then the 300ER should have been the base, not the 200LR)

PMDG has commercial customers too (probably where most of their revenue comes from). The P8 Poseidon model came from a commercial customer (they did flight model and systems for it too but only the exterior model was allowed to be released from what I have read), so the LR could possibly have come from a commercial customer too

Just now, PMDG777 said:

PMDG has commercial customers too (probably where most of their revenue comes from). The P8 Poseidon model came from a commercial customer (they did flight model and systems for it too but only the exterior model was allowed to be released from what I have read), so the LR could possibly have come from a commercial customer too

A valid reason, like I say it's just something that's crossed my mind during re-installs. Regardless of reasoning it's a good end product either way - it's this kind of thing that makes "Making Of" documentaries so interesting

• Upvote 1

Mark Fox

1 hour ago, markdf said:

I'm not sure what good it would have done to have a -200ER with only one or two engine variants.

1 hour ago, markdf said:

In which case, I'm even more of a huge fan of the livery then

Interesting thing to note is that the livery itself had been around since 2007. The logo wasn't added until last summer.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

20 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm not sure what good it would have done to have a -200ER with only one or two engine variants.

Interesting thing to note is that the livery itself had been around since 2007. The logo wasn't added until last summer.

I do love the livery too to be honest. Would you ever consider releasing it (without the Air Kevin & Paramore, because my name isn't Kevin and I don't know who Paramore is)?

Edit: What's on the tail?

12 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I do love the livery too to be honest. Would you ever consider releasing it (without the Air Kevin & Paramore, because my name isn't Kevin and I don't know who Paramore is)?

Negative, sir. Trust me, you wouldn't be the first person to ask, although the last time somebody asked, they wanted to replace the airline title with their own airline title. I'm not really too sure I like the idea of somebody's virtual airline using a livery that is exactly the same as mine.

13 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

What's on the tail?

The red stripe basically runs up along the tail to the rear corner of the top of the rudder with Air Kevin printed again just above the stripe. I'd post a screenshot for you, but Photobucket decided to do whatever they decided to do, and so I need to find a solution to that one.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Consider that with the NGX release....the 'Common' variants were released as the 'base' while the 'fun' variants were released as the expansion.  The 800 is the daily driver while the 600 is the overpowered fun machine.  

The 777 is somewhat the opposite.  The unique 200LR is the performance machine is first while the common 300ER is the addon package.   Perhaps it would have been nice for each package to have a standalone option.  I would have preferred only the NGX 600-700 as a standalone package.  But from a business perspective I can see why PMDG chooses the base package + addon route.  

Regarding the -200ER, consider looking at it from the pilot's perspective.  (remember many of the PMDG staff are pilots, including the bossman), the -200ER is like a stock V6 Ford Mustang.  the 200LR is like a tricked out Shelby Mustang.  And if pilots are like teenage boys looking at cars...which would you pick?  The stock Ford Mustang is a fine car, but is much more common. The Shelby on the otherhand has the extra 'coolness' and 'fun' factor...not to mention a big boost in performance.   Which would you rather show up at the dance in?  Something everyone else drives or something unique?  I can tell you when I went to the FBO and the guy at the counter said 'You can either fly this new 172SP with its stock Cessna paint job, or you can fly this 1960 Piper Comanche with it's beautiful muscle car-esque paintjob'  Guess which choice I made.  That's like choosing between a Prius and a vintage muscle car lol.....guess we are all teenage boys at heart when we go to the airport lol. 

If PMDG chooses to do the -200ER, I'll be happy because I know a lot of you will be happy here too.  Happy customers = good for PMDG.  However if they don't, I can totally understand not spending a year or two developing something 90% similar to something already done.  

Another consideration for the 200LR is the Freighter.  Maybe you don't fly freighters, but cargo outfits are big users of these aircraft.  Isn't FedEx's fleet the largest in the world?  As the MD-11Fs eventually all retire, I can see the 777-200LRF taking over as the workhorse freighter for the forseeable future.  In 10-15 years or so I bet the 777-200LRF will be quite a common sight at freight hubs.

Cheers

TJ

• Upvote 1

The air Kevin paint job does rock.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, pilottj said:

Consider that with the NGX release....the 'Common' variants were released as the 'base' while the 'fun' variants were released as the expansion.  The 800 is the daily driver while the 600 is the overpowered fun machine.  

The 777 is somewhat the opposite.  The unique 200LR is the performance machine is first while the common 300ER is the addon package.   Perhaps it would have been nice for each package to have a standalone option.  I would have preferred only the NGX 600-700 as a standalone package.  But from a business perspective I can see why PMDG chooses the base package + addon route.  

Regarding the -200ER, consider looking at it from the pilot's perspective.  (remember many of the PMDG staff are pilots, including the bossman), the -200ER is like a stock V6 Ford Mustang.  the 200LR is like a tricked out Shelby Mustang.  And if pilots are like teenage boys looking at cars...which would you pick?  The stock Ford Mustang is a fine car, but is much more common. The Shelby on the otherhand has the extra 'coolness' and 'fun' factor...not to mention a big boost in performance.   Which would you rather show up at the dance in?  Something everyone else drives or something unique?  I can tell you when I went to the FBO and the guy at the counter said 'You can either fly this new 172SP with its stock Cessna paint job, or you can fly this 1960 Piper Comanche with it's beautiful muscle car-esque paintjob'  Guess which choice I made.  That's like choosing between a Prius and a vintage muscle car lol.....guess we are all teenage boys at heart when we go to the airport lol. 

If PMDG chooses to do the -200ER, I'll be happy because I know a lot of you will be happy here too.  Happy customers = good for PMDG.  However if they don't, I can totally understand not spending a year or two developing something 90% similar to something already done.  

Another consideration for the 200LR is the Freighter.  Maybe you don't fly freighters, but cargo outfits are big users of these aircraft.  Isn't FedEx's fleet the largest in the world?  As the MD-11Fs eventually all retire, I can see the 777-200LRF taking over as the workhorse freighter for the forseeable future.  In 10-15 years or so I bet the 777-200LRF will be quite a common sight at freight hubs.

Cheers

TJ

Agree on all points. Remember you do get the F with the base pack too which is very common.

19 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Negative, sir. Trust me, you wouldn't be the first person to ask, although the last time somebody asked, they wanted to replace the airline title with their own airline title. I'm not really too sure I like the idea of somebody's virtual airline using a livery that is exactly the same as mine.

The red stripe basically runs up along the tail to the rear corner of the top of the rudder with Air Kevin printed again just above the stripe. I'd post a screenshot for you, but Photobucket decided to do whatever they decided to do, and so I need to find a solution to that one.

Damn that's a pity. Well maybe one day you'll share it exclusively with me :cool:  Wish I had the skills to paint!

• Upvote 1

• The only plane next up that makes sense is a B767.

We finally need a -200 and -400 model. Forget the Level-D model, it is too old and maybe will never work in P3D v4.

• The first 737 MAX has just been delievered. Everyone can wait on this one until a few dozens have been built. Then it is time develop the addon.
  • I think a 787 has not to be discussed. Let's just wait for Quality Wings. 
  • The 757 is in early beta from Level-D. There we also need patience how it will be when it has been released.

So please PMDG develop a 767!!! :) 

• Upvote 4