Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Next product of PMDG

Captain Kevin.  You seriously didn't buy the 777 because the 200ER type wasn't included???  Really?  Just because of real life operation of that particular type and it's routes don't suit the 200LR as well???   Wow, that's pretty anal...  

Why are all you guys complaining about this issue?  Just use the 200LR with lighter fuel load, no???

John Gaasbeek 

• Upvote 1

By the way I would love to see a PMDG 707 above all other aircraft.  Second would be a 727 and third would be a new MD-11 or 787...  

As for everybody who is whining for Split schimtar winglets on their 737....   Who cares?

Edited by jrgaz
Forgot to mention 737

16 minutes ago, jrgaz said:

Captain Kevin.  You seriously didn't buy the 777 because the 200ER type wasn't included???  Really?  Just because of real life operation of that particular type and it's routes don't suit the 200LR as well???   Wow, that's pretty anal...  

Why are all you guys complaining about this issue?  Just use the 200LR with lighter fuel load, no???

John Gaasbeek 

LOL!

I actually agree... I can't see why it's SO impossible to use the 200LR as a 200ER?! I know, I know - "The 200ER doesn't have raked wing-tips", but com'on. 

I understand PMDG's choice with regards to development choice... I seem to remember something about, that the 777-200LR, -300ER and freighter version, all have some similarities with regards to engine data. So it made sense to choose those planes.

I believe it's been explained why these variants were chosen.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, jrgaz said:

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I actually agree... I can't see why it's SO impossible to use the 200LR as a 200ER?! I know, I know - "The 200ER doesn't have raked wing-tips", but com'on. 

For one, that just makes it too easy, as there isn't much of a challenge when the -200LR can fly virtually any two points around the world. Then there's the choice of the different engine variants. The Boeing 777-200ERs I have in my fleet have the Pratt & Whitney engines. Call me anal if you will, but just a personal preference, really.

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I understand PMDG's choice with regards to development choice... I seem to remember something about, that the 777-200LR, -300ER and freighter version, all have some similarities with regards to engine data. So it made sense to choose those planes.

Yes, I am aware of this.

1 hour ago, jrgaz said:

As for everybody who is whining for Split schimtar winglets on their 737....   Who cares?

Some people do. Everyone has their own personal preferences, so I'm not sure I understand the issue.

• Upvote 3

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

9 hours ago, jrgaz said:

John Gaasbeek 

9 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL!

Apart from the fact you have 1 engine out of 3. That's like PMDG releasing the 747 in GE only variant.

• Upvote 2

On 7/11/2017 at 1:58 AM, teopereira said:

There is a very nice MD-80 and DC-9 from Coolsky... Maybe the developer will upgrade ti for Prepar3d....

But we don’t need a nice MD-80 only. We need a full system simulated one.

The nice from Coolsky + the systems from Leonardo.

PMDG MD-80 series with expansion for MD-87.

The best narrow body aircraft ever produced.

I'm in love for the 727-200 after videos like these.... I have the CaptainSim 737-200 and the 727-200, but without PMDG's complexity it has no fun...

I would vote for 787 and 747-8!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

A 787 would be amazing!
For some reason, I don't have the greatest faith in QualityWings... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Everyone who says a 787 next after the 748 is completely overlooking the QualityWings 787. It looks really nice and PMDG has no reason to make it for the next decade. I hope they go with something different than mid-long haul/size airliners. I know people really want the 75/76 (hell the QW757 is the most popular plane in FSPilotShop.) Lets see something different. A C-17 hopefully...

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, zludwick92 said:

Everyone who says a 787 next after the 748 is completely overlooking the QualityWings 787

Not actually Zludwick92.  Most if not all of the simmers here have been following their "progress" for the last several years.  I am very hopeful it is an awesome product, and based on what I've seen in the short videos I have no reason to expect otherwise.

However, two of the biggest issues with them are that they do FS development "part time"...a fact we've been constantly reminded of every time they post a delay in the project, and second, they are releasing it for only FSX first, with a P3d V4 version to be released.....care to take a guess? I hold out no hope it'll be with in the next few years (unless its just a straight port with no additional V4 features) based on their current record of developing "part-time".  

And remember, when they finally release it for FSX, they won't be immediately moving on to code for the P3d version, oh no.  They will take a very well deserved vacation away from the crazy community that we are. :biggrin:.  Additionally, I can bet you the next 6 months after the FSX release will be spent solely on SPs, and tending to the post-release customer service portion of a software development company's duties.  With such a small, part-time band of employees trying to juggle that all at the same time, well we can clearly see the outcome based on the updates to their existing products, and progress on the 737 project.  Please don't take that the wrong way, I fully appreciate their commitment to making products for our community (and have both 757 and Avro/146).  I'm just pointing out the reality of expecting the V4 version I'd be waiting for is many months, if not years in the future.

Since PMDG realizes all these factors, I would speculate that they've at least considered the 787, despite the fact there may be another one on the market soon.  And I can only imagine that their focus going forward with any new project will be centered on P3d V4 code, and only begrudgingly making it backwards compatible with the obsolete platforms V4 evolved from to cater to the customer base still stuck there. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 7/21/2017 at 2:17 PM, jrgaz said:

By the way I would love to see a PMDG 707 above all other aircraft.  Second would be a 727 and third would be a new MD-11 or 787...  

I agree. I would love a PMDG quality 707-331B! History was made with this aircraft.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz