Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Next product of PMDG

How about the octo-engined B-52 bomber???  That would be awesome.  NOTHING beats the sound of those engines spooling up (or down) but the 707 is close....

I'm another one in the "doubtful that QW can pull off a 787" camp. I'm looking forward to seeing their offering though. If they do manage to pull it off, then I'd like to see PMDG working on a 767 project.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

18 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Not actually Zludwick92.  Most if not all of the simmers here have been following their "progress" for the last several years.  I am very hopeful it is an awesome product, and based on what I've seen in the short videos I have no reason to expect otherwise.

However, two of the biggest issues with them are that they do FS development "part time"...a fact we've been constantly reminded of every time they post a delay in the project, and second, they are releasing it for only FSX first, with a P3d V4 version to be released.....care to take a guess? I hold out no hope it'll be with in the next few years (unless its just a straight port with no additional V4 features) based on their current record of developing "part-time".  

And remember, when they finally release it for FSX, they won't be immediately moving on to code for the P3d version, oh no.  They will take a very well deserved vacation away from the crazy community that we are. :biggrin:.  Additionally, I can bet you the next 6 months after the FSX release will be spent solely on SPs, and tending to the post-release customer service portion of a software development company's duties.  With such a small, part-time band of employees trying to juggle that all at the same time, well we can clearly see the outcome based on the updates to their existing products, and progress on the 737 project.  Please don't take that the wrong way, I fully appreciate their commitment to making products for our community (and have both 757 and Avro/146).  I'm just pointing out the reality of expecting the V4 version I'd be waiting for is many months, if not years in the future.

Since PMDG realizes all these factors, I would speculate that they've at least considered the 787, despite the fact there may be another one on the market soon.  And I can only imagine that their focus going forward with any new project will be centered on P3d V4 code, and only begrudgingly making it backwards compatible with the obsolete platforms V4 evolved from to cater to the customer base still stuck there. :rolleyes:

You made a really good point there. As an FSX simmer, the whole P3D issue is irrelevant(hehe) to me. But yes I would agree they have considered a 787, but in multiple forum posts Rordanzo and Rogers have said that the developers are somewhat tired of mid to long range airliners. I know a few people want a 772ER, but I would hope to think that maybe an MD80, C17, even a AN125 would be coming. Something new

Gents,

We welcome positive and negative feedback about our own products. Please avoid speaking ill of other developers here, however.

Having flown the QW 787 at FSC2016, I was rather impressed.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

C'mon guys, give them a break! They've been hard at it releasing the DC-6 and converting all Boeing family to P4D standards.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Gents,

We welcome positive and negative feedback about our own products. Please avoid speaking ill of other developers here, however.

What you said is exactly what everyone else is saying. I think we will be impressed.

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Gents,

Good to hear.

I hope I didn't come across as being overly critical of QW. In fact I've never owned a QW product. I was just generalising based on what others have said. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I see lots of people hoping for older jets, and some asking for jets that have already been announced by other developers. With flightsimlabs covering airbus' 320 series and "something a little larger" later on, and PMDG having done all modern Boeings save for the max, I think the only way to progress with a up and coming modern aircraft that is not on anyone's radar yet would be the cseries, or the e-jets!

Aidan Hutchison

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have been exploring a lot of topics the last couple of days trying to learn the ropes while flying around in my shiny new 64-bit sim with updated PMDG products. 

I was thinking that if the developers are tired of mid to long range Boeing airliners, still want to create something modern, and Airbus is absolutely not going to happen, how about Embraer 170-175-190-195? I haven't seen any mention of any developers working on that, and the Feelthere versions are starting to age a bit? Here in Europe they seem to be increasingly popular on short hauls, replacing both Fokkers, Dash-8s and even 737s on low volume routes. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VikingQuqumatz said:

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have been exploring a lot of topics the last couple of days trying to learn the ropes while flying around in my shiny new 64-bit sim with updated PMDG products. 

I was thinking that if the developers are tired of mid to long range Boeing airliners, still want to create something modern, and Airbus is absolutely not going to happen, how about Embraer 170-175-190-195? I haven't seen any mention of any developers working on that, and the Feelthere versions are starting to age a bit? Here in Europe they seem to be increasingly popular on short hauls, replacing both Fokkers, Dash-8s and even 737s on low volume routes. 

Indeed... and welcome to the forums, my friend.

Embraer jets would be a nice addition. But somehow I have my doubts regarding this... Another could be C909 or something... Given that PMDG has relations (in terms of performance data, documentation etc) with Boeing, I still think some kind of Boeing aircraft.

The problem with that theory, is that we're running out of aircrafts, so to speak. On the other hand, I don't think PMDG would look too hard on what other developers are doing... Their airplanes are in a class (or species) of their own and if they want to do an aircraft badly enough, they'd just do it - no matter what other developers do... Within reason, of course... 

• Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

They could do a Lockheed C-141 Starlifter. I loved those fine elegant birds flying over my hometown arriving at ETAR Ramstein AFB in the 90s.

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

29 minutes ago, VikingQuqumatz said:

From what I have heard some of the guys behind the TFDi 717 is working on a E-jet.

31 minutes ago, VikingQuqumatz said:

Welcome to the Forums! There has been a lot of intrest here, but i think it was Kyle Rogers that said he disliked the plane. He brought up the look of the plane, but who knows, they made a DC6.

Zach

• Upvote 2

DC-3 :biggrin:

There is a well known Captain around here who could assist the DC-6 Team now...

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS