itay5344

Next product of PMDG

Just now, zludwick92 said:

There is no way PMDG would make an Airbus

I also have my doubts about that... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Next Product from PMDG should be (IMO, my wishlist) is a home cockpit version of the Panels for their 3 Airliners (737, 777 and 747).. 

So I could run the PFD, MFD and other panels from another PC... and get all the parameters via this second PC so I can add hardware switch and buttons. 

I know there are 3rd party products like Project Majenta etc... not sure if I could get all the values shown on PMDG aircrafts into those MFDs... without a convoluted process of leading the flight plan in both etc.

:)

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

As a side project, I would really love to see either the 10-tank longer range variant of the DC-6 or even a DC-7.  Despite the quite high crash-to-desktop rate with this particular product, I am in love with the bird and would love to take it across the Atlantic without making fuel stops.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

A DC-3 could be somewhat fun... An absolutely classic plane. I wonder how well the DC-6 has sold? I'm still on the fence about purchasing it. I (normally) solely fly tube-liners...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 7/7/2017 at 11:21 PM, MarkW said:

You can make an educated guess.  We know they love old aircraft but they also admit they don't sell very well.  So really the best bet is the 787 or 737Max.  My bet is that it will be the 737....huge seller and the current NGX is quite old at this point.  The other thing that I think may be an issue is the complexity of the systems on the 787.  I think it is on their horizon but will take longer.

I agree with you.

I have never completely understood why PMDG insists so much on producing old planes only. Maybe for marketing reasons which I ignore, that must be the reason I've always told to myself.

Every PMDG bird is on the sky since decades and rust is starting to slightly covering them.

I have also been hoping ( ? )  for a modern one like the 737MAX or the 787 but I have to get a grip with the reality, I am middle aged and I won't live enough to reach 2050-60 or so, to see a PMDG 787 released, which will be again a vintage one in 2050 :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Mark II said:

I agree with you.

I have never completely understood why PMDG insists so much on producing old planes only. Maybe for marketing reasons which I ignore, that must be the reason I've always told to myself.

Every PMDG bird is on the sky since decades and rust is start to cover them slightly.

I have also been hoping ( ? )  for a modern one like the 737MAX or the 787 but I have to get a grip with the reality, I am middle aged and I won't live enough to reach 2050-60 or so, to see a PMDG 787 released, which will be again a vintage one in 2050 :biggrin:

Wait the 77L/77W is an old plane?!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

Wait the 77L/77W is an old plane?!

Well, the Triple 7 first flight was in early '90, something like 30 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Mark II said:

Well, the Triple 7 first flight was in early '90, something like 30 years ago.

'94, 23 years ago.

The 77L was launched in 2006 and 77W was 2004, 11 and 13 years ago. In plane age that's young.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

'94, 23 years ago.

The 77L was launched in 2006 and 77W was 2004, 11 and 13 years ago. In plane age that's young.

We can say that the younger PMDG bird is flying since 23 years ago, her variants do not change the big picture imo, just like the 747-8 won't at all.

Also Mr. Randazzo stated that the NGX is already 6 years old and it would be in needing of a refresh.

So, why not releasing a 787 ?  QW 787 will be released in Q2 2020 for FSX and in Q3 2026 for P3d, too long for me. I prefer waiting 5 years for a PMDG product, if they start now there is good chance we will see a 787 before 2025 Xmas.

I would die for an MD-80 ;-) But then again I may be biased, given my 5000+ hours on type.

Plus as stated above, if they announce it, I'll die. So I won't be around to enjoy it. Just imagine though, the sounds of the slipstream, the instruments vibrators humming in the background, a complete lack of engine noise, the Mach indicator bouncing away (as in the B744 MCP digits) and the sounds of the Central Aural Warning System coming alive in due time as you descend towards your destination. All in PMDG level quality !!!! Oh......my heart is melting :gaul:

• Upvote 2

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

I feel you mate, we will be both dead before PMDG will release something really new. :bengong:

1 hour ago, Mark II said:

We can say that the younger PMDG bird is flying since 23 years ago, her variants do not change the big picture imo, just like the 747-8 won't at all.

But you could say that about anything, the variants that PMDG developed are fairly new aircraft and are nowhere near end of life.

Also Mr. Randazzo stated that the NGX is already 6 years old and it would be in needing of a refresh.

That's very true but we don't know how PMDG will go about "refreshing" the code, will it be a whole new NGX v3 or will it be done progressively with updates, we don't know.

So, why not releasing a 787 ?  QW 787 will be released in Q2 2020 for FSX and in Q3 2026 for P3d, too long for me. I prefer waiting 5 years for a PMDG product, if they start now there is good chance we will see a 787 before 2025 Xmas.

Because QW are doing a high fidelity 787? The QW 787 is in beta testing so it shouldn't be too much longer before it's released.

The problem with developing new aircraft (like the 787, 737 Max, A350 and the likes) is the amount of data available. For PMDG to make a study-level simulation, they need mountains of data which is hard to obtain, even more so when an aircraft is new.

You have been precise, calm and polite. I can't fight with you therefore :happy:

Jokes apart, I can somehow understand your point of view but at least one recent bird would help the finances of PMDG cause in these recent times customers have been sprayed over XP11, P3d v4, Aerofly FS2, etc etc.. and to keep yourself on the edge you need to offer customers a wide portfolio, translated, why QW 787 is so waited ? Because non one ever did a modern jet with big screens, yes, a magenta sons idol.

PMDG finances are healthy ok, that's not anyway a good reason to perpetrate '70 brownish cockpits  :happy:

The 777, the 747- 800, 737-800 etc are new actively produced aircraft...Its ridiculous to call them old aircrafts

For the later aircraft like the 787, to build a PMDG quality aircraft, they would need real data which may not be easy to get for PMDG.

if you want a superfluous 787 don't expect

that from PMDG

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter