Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Next product of PMDG

Recommended Posts

Captain Kevin.  You seriously didn't buy the 777 because the 200ER type wasn't included???  Really?  Just because of real life operation of that particular type and it's routes don't suit the 200LR as well???   Wow, that's pretty anal...  

Why are all you guys complaining about this issue?  Just use the 200LR with lighter fuel load, no???

John Gaasbeek 

  • Upvote 1

John Gaasbeek 

Share this post


Link to post

By the way I would love to see a PMDG 707 above all other aircraft.  Second would be a 727 and third would be a new MD-11 or 787...  

As for everybody who is whining for Split schimtar winglets on their 737....   Who cares?

Edited by jrgaz
Forgot to mention 737

John Gaasbeek 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, jrgaz said:

Captain Kevin.  You seriously didn't buy the 777 because the 200ER type wasn't included???  Really?  Just because of real life operation of that particular type and it's routes don't suit the 200LR as well???   Wow, that's pretty anal...  

Why are all you guys complaining about this issue?  Just use the 200LR with lighter fuel load, no???

John Gaasbeek 

LOL!

I actually agree... I can't see why it's SO impossible to use the 200LR as a 200ER?! I know, I know - "The 200ER doesn't have raked wing-tips", but com'on. 

I understand PMDG's choice with regards to development choice... I seem to remember something about, that the 777-200LR, -300ER and freighter version, all have some similarities with regards to engine data. So it made sense to choose those planes.

I believe it's been explained why these variants were chosen.


Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jrgaz said:

Captain Kevin.  You seriously didn't buy the 777 because the 200ER type wasn't included???  Really?  Just because of real life operation of that particular type and it's routes don't suit the 200LR as well???   Wow, that's pretty anal...  

Why are all you guys complaining about this issue?  Just use the 200LR with lighter fuel load, no???

 

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I actually agree... I can't see why it's SO impossible to use the 200LR as a 200ER?! I know, I know - "The 200ER doesn't have raked wing-tips", but com'on. 

For one, that just makes it too easy, as there isn't much of a challenge when the -200LR can fly virtually any two points around the world. Then there's the choice of the different engine variants. The Boeing 777-200ERs I have in my fleet have the Pratt & Whitney engines. Call me anal if you will, but just a personal preference, really.

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I understand PMDG's choice with regards to development choice... I seem to remember something about, that the 777-200LR, -300ER and freighter version, all have some similarities with regards to engine data. So it made sense to choose those planes.

I believe it's been explained why these variants were chosen.

Yes, I am aware of this.

1 hour ago, jrgaz said:

As for everybody who is whining for Split schimtar winglets on their 737....   Who cares?

Some people do. Everyone has their own personal preferences, so I'm not sure I understand the issue.

  • Upvote 3

Captain Kevin

8e9bfe368edaef204bfa6a1373fc6422.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, jrgaz said:

Captain Kevin.  You seriously didn't buy the 777 because the 200ER type wasn't included???  Really?  Just because of real life operation of that particular type and it's routes don't suit the 200LR as well???   Wow, that's pretty anal...  

Why are all you guys complaining about this issue?  Just use the 200LR with lighter fuel load, no???

John Gaasbeek 

 

9 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL!

I actually agree... I can't see why it's SO impossible to use the 200LR as a 200ER?! I know, I know - "The 200ER doesn't have raked wing-tips", but com'on. 

I understand PMDG's choice with regards to development choice... I seem to remember something about, that the 777-200LR, -300ER and freighter version, all have some similarities with regards to engine data. So it made sense to choose those planes.

I believe it's been explained why these variants were chosen.

Apart from the fact you have 1 engine out of 3. That's like PMDG releasing the 747 in GE only variant.

  • Upvote 2

Cheers,
Chris Brand
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2017 at 1:58 AM, teopereira said:

There is a very nice MD-80 and DC-9 from Coolsky... Maybe the developer will upgrade ti for Prepar3d....

But we don’t need a nice MD-80 only. We need a full system simulated one.

The nice from Coolsky + the systems from Leonardo.

PMDG MD-80 series with expansion for MD-87.

The best narrow body aircraft ever produced.


Iñigo Bayo

Share this post


Link to post

I'm in love for the 727-200 after videos like these.... I have the CaptainSim 737-200 and the 727-200, but without PMDG's complexity it has no fun...

 


Teo Halfen

 

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits, P3D V4, GTX 1080 Asus Strix, i7 4790K, Asus Maximus VII Hero, H100i, Hd SSD 240 Gb, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 2400Mhz

Share this post


Link to post

I would vote for 787 and 747-8!

  • Upvote 1

Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i9 10900K (no overclock) / Windows 10 Pro 2004 64 bit / 64GB DDR4 3200MHz CL 16RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) / 2TB SATA SSD / 4TB SATA HDD / 850watt PSU

Share this post


Link to post

A 787 would be amazing!
For some reason, I don't have the greatest faith in QualityWings... 

  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post

Everyone who says a 787 next after the 748 is completely overlooking the QualityWings 787. It looks really nice and PMDG has no reason to make it for the next decade. I hope they go with something different than mid-long haul/size airliners. I know people really want the 75/76 (hell the QW757 is the most popular plane in FSPilotShop.) Lets see something different. A C-17 hopefully...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, zludwick92 said:

Everyone who says a 787 next after the 748 is completely overlooking the QualityWings 787

Not actually Zludwick92.  Most if not all of the simmers here have been following their "progress" for the last several years.  I am very hopeful it is an awesome product, and based on what I've seen in the short videos I have no reason to expect otherwise.

However, two of the biggest issues with them are that they do FS development "part time"...a fact we've been constantly reminded of every time they post a delay in the project, and second, they are releasing it for only FSX first, with a P3d V4 version to be released.....care to take a guess? I hold out no hope it'll be with in the next few years (unless its just a straight port with no additional V4 features) based on their current record of developing "part-time".  

And remember, when they finally release it for FSX, they won't be immediately moving on to code for the P3d version, oh no.  They will take a very well deserved vacation away from the crazy community that we are. :biggrin:.  Additionally, I can bet you the next 6 months after the FSX release will be spent solely on SPs, and tending to the post-release customer service portion of a software development company's duties.  With such a small, part-time band of employees trying to juggle that all at the same time, well we can clearly see the outcome based on the updates to their existing products, and progress on the 737 project.  Please don't take that the wrong way, I fully appreciate their commitment to making products for our community (and have both 757 and Avro/146).  I'm just pointing out the reality of expecting the V4 version I'd be waiting for is many months, if not years in the future.

Since PMDG realizes all these factors, I would speculate that they've at least considered the 787, despite the fact there may be another one on the market soon.  And I can only imagine that their focus going forward with any new project will be centered on P3d V4 code, and only begrudgingly making it backwards compatible with the obsolete platforms V4 evolved from to cater to the customer base still stuck there. :rolleyes:

 

  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my paints here at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/21/2017 at 2:17 PM, jrgaz said:

By the way I would love to see a PMDG 707 above all other aircraft.  Second would be a 727 and third would be a new MD-11 or 787...  

As for everybody who is whining for Split schimtar winglets on their 737....   Who cares?

I agree. I would love a PMDG quality 707-331B! History was made with this aircraft.

Greg


Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder and Milviz

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,080.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...