Sign in to follow this  
tngarner

P3D V4 - "Loading Terrain Data"

Hello,

Since installing P3Dv4 I am having an issue where the simulator stops and a box pops up that says "Loading Terrain Data"  this takes about 30 seconds or so.  Then it will go back to flying.

I have reduced the texture settings and draw distances, deleted the Shader Cache.  CPU, GPU and Memory all looks okay.  Disk IO seems okay but that can be a rabbit hole as well.

Not sure what else to do but never saw this in V3.  Let me know if there is other information that would be helpful or if there is a log location that may point to what is going on.

Appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks!!

Specs

i7 4.0
16gb RAM
GTX1080ti

Neil Garner

RW- ASEL

X-Plane and P3D

Same yesterday while approaching payware KDEN.  There were also a few stutters while landing.

Possibility:  If you are using FSUIPC make sure the setting in it that keeps the sim's clock synced with your computer clock is turned OFF.  Every time it syncs, it will cause a scenery reload in the sim.  I know at one point in the past the default FSUIPC setting for it was ON and set to like every 60 seconds.  Drove people nuts until they turned it off.

The FS Real Time application (if you use it) does not cause a scenery reload when it changes the time zone in the flight sim.

EDIT:  The above assumes you have downloaded and installed the newest FSUIPC that works in P3Dv4, and aren't still using an older version of it. 

• Upvote 1

Rick Ryan

3 hours ago, FalconAF said:

Possibility:  If you are using FSUIPC make sure the setting in it that keeps the sim's clock synced with your computer clock is turned OFF.  Every time it syncs, it will cause a scenery reload in the sim.  I know at one point in the past the default FSUIPC setting for it was ON and set to like every 60 seconds.  Drove people nuts until they turned it off.

The FS Real Time application (if you use it) does not cause a scenery reload when it changes the time zone in the flight sim.

EDIT:  The above assumes you have downloaded and installed the newest FSUIPC that works in P3Dv4, and aren't still using an older version of it. 

I think you just solved my issue.  Only had time for a 30 minuet test but I did not see the issue and normally would in that time.  I will try a flight tomorrow and see.

Thank You!!!

Neil Garner

RW- ASEL

X-Plane and P3D

The FS Real Time is making traffic reload all the time instead on my system. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I also have the issue quite a bit in UK zulu zone

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

The FS Real Time is making traffic reload all the time instead on my system. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

14ppkc-6.png

Just a quick follow up. Looks like this was a FSUPC issue on my system. Did an 8 hour flight today and it worked great. Thanks FalconAF

Neil Garner

RW- ASEL

X-Plane and P3D

You're welcome, Neil.  Just curious...was it the time sync setting in FSUIPC or did you need to update to the latest version of FSUIPC released for the P3Dv4? 

And I use FS Real Time and don't experience any AI traffic reloading during a time update (which for me is normally only done when I cross a time zone flying in the sim).  Or at least I haven't noticed one happening.  For people using it, have you downloaded the latest version update?  If you are a paying customer of it, you should have gotten an email notification, or the software should have updated itself if it was already registered as a purchased version.

Rick Ryan