Sign in to follow this  
Guest mariosunshine

IE7 Beta 2 causing a crash to desktop

Guest alextooi

Hi all Simmers,To prevent your FS9 run in good condition, please do not try to install IE7 beta 2. This new broswer is incompatible with FS9.The problems:You can't goto Flying lesson which pages need broswer integration.If you click on that, FS9 will close automatically without any error message.B/Regards...Alex Ooi

Guest Roadkill

Let me add to that the following: I tried IE7 Beta and had some other problems such as my virus protection (McAfee) not working right or even letting me reinstall it. Programs using Active X became glitchy. Some of the radio buttons in Microsoft XP Help would not respond to mouse clicks. I'm sure I would have found more problems had I looked longer. Fortunately the Restore featue on XP was able to set everything back to pre-IE7 status, including bringing back my IE6. IE7 has some interesting features but it is NOT ready for prime time, not yet.

What would possess you to run BETA Microsoft software - anyway ??!! * Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

I hate even running official MS releases, but a beta? yikes!!

Guest mariosunshine

I downloaded the Messenger Beta Live and got problems since then, Every time I do a taskswitch from fs 9 to active sky, The computer reboots. I guess, this changed also some dll's. Windows System restore is unfortunately not able to revert it to the restore point before the install, any ideaS? Kurt

I did not try the IE7 beta for fear of problems such as those mentioned here. I am not usually a first timer into new releases of anything. I usually read newsgroups ahead of time and see what others are experiencing. Sure enough the IE7 beta news group on the microsoft server was full of a ton of issues and problems so I decided to pass on it. Worst of all when I found out the beta upgrades IE6 and its not a separate install.Similarly MS has also opened Windows VISTA newsgroups including vista games and I am already reading all the beta stuff and feedback to prepare for the road ahead..if I am alive :-)Bill

Best clue...dump IE and use firefox! Faster browser, less problems!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I used System Restore to go back to IE 6, and had no problems.Sure did mess-up FS though....well, I should say, I messed up FS bfore realizing there were fixes availiable.I have everything sorted now...finally.....Now even a bigger fan of Forefox/Mozilla, as v7 IE is still not as good as the Mozilla products IMO.

Guest dpc

Looking into IE7 was what made me decide to try a couple of the other bowsers out there. I'm becoming partial to Opera. Great browser and very fast. -dave

Guest mariosunshine

The fix provided in the link solved the problem. The double dll named olleac was the problem. Never thought of that one. thanks Kurt