Sign in to follow this  
InTheAir

Can't load T7 at all, P3D v4 crashes after clicking "OK" to start a scenario.

4 minutes ago, InTheAir said:

The only problem I've run into is with the T7 exclusively as that is the only time P3D v4 has crashed.

What was the faulting module? Correlation does not imply causation.

Kyle Rodgers

The T7 is now loading into P3D v4 with all her amazing glory and I think it's time to go flying.

Thanks PMDG777, downscc, carlito777, and tooting for the help trying to narrow things down, turns out it was an airport. Trying to figure out exactly which one it is. 

28 minutes ago, InTheAir said:

The T7 is now loading into P3D v4 with all her amazing glory and I think it's time to go flying.

Thanks PMDG777, downscc, carlito777, and tooting for the help trying to narrow things down, turns out it was an airport. Trying to figure out exactly which one it is. 

Good to hear that you resolved the problem. Took me some time to find it out in my case. It is really strange. I have airports which work perfectly, when activated alone. However, in combination with other sceneries I get crashes.

@tooting: I have a GTX1070.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

4 hours ago, carlito777 said:

I had a couple of ntdll errors on startup lately which were caused by conflicting sceneries. Try to disable all sceneries in scenery.cfg and also add-on sceneries and then try to start P3D. If it works then re-active scenery by scenery. This is really a mystery in P3Dv4 but if you install two sceneries which do not work together (for whatever reason), then you get instant CTDs on startup.

Did you start getting this before or  after you installed the latest P3Dv4 hotfix?? 

14ppkc-6.png

10 minutes ago, tooting said:

Did you start getting this before or  after you installed the latest P3Dv4 hotfix?? 

Only after the latest hotfix.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

4 hours ago, downscc said:

The ntdll.dll error always indicates a system level problem, that is why Chris asked about graphics drivers.

We could dance around Ntd.dll issues all night, and Ryan is right it's not a pmdg fault.  

But as for p3d shifting the blame it's not so simple.  As always I like to give an example,  so I give you two.  Facts not feels.

My motherboard is an Asus board.  I use Windows 10.  My 2 friends also have Asus motherboards.  All three of us when using p3d v4 and v3 and v2 if we disconnect the usb joystick or rudders p3d will ctd, and you guessed it will give you a Ntd.dll event.

If you log the ticket P3D will tell you as Mr Downs says it's a hardware issue.  Which it is. 

Alas

Does it happen in Fsx... Nope D

Does it happen in fs2004...Nope

Does it happen In fs2002...Nope

Does it happen in Elite Dangerous...Nope

Does it happen in xplane... Nope

Does it happen Gta 5... Nope

You get the picture here.

So there's obviously an issue with certain motherboards and or USB host controllers and p3d.

Let me give you the another one.

On my system I use a USB wireless stick to connect to my router.  If my Internet goes down I'll quickly save the Flight.  Why?? The reason is so, after 30 seconds vpilot will kick me as my Internet has gone, then the sim will ctd about 2 mins after that. Guess what it gives me Ntd.dll.

So is that the usb stick conflicting with activesky and not sending data or is it simconnect not working with the usb stick etc etc.

Once again,  fsx no problem,  FS9,  no problem etc etc. Only p3d.

Like I said you can dance with this Ntd.dll issues all night. P3d will blame Asus. Asus will blame p3d.  

But the bottom line is p3d will always say it's not their software when it comes to Ntd.dll errors

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

14 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Only after the latest hotfix.

Same here.  Which airports are you having the issue with.

As stated above p3d won't do jack about this as it's an Ntd.dll error.  It will be left to IT expert customers to work it out

A similar thing happened with 3.3 when it came out and they had to release 3.35 about a week later.

14ppkc-6.png

19 minutes ago, tooting said:

Same here.  Which airports are you having the issue with.

As stated above p3d won't do jack about this as it's an Ntd.dll error.  It will be left to IT expert customers to work it out

A similar thing happened with 3.3 when it came out and they had to release 3.35 about a week later.

E.g. I can't use the Orbx Northern Rocky Mountains region when I have Earthsim Isle of Man active. I know that Earthsim sceneries have never been updated to P3Dv4, but the Isle of Man scenery works without any problems (no crashes at all), when I de-activate the Orbx NRM region. So this is clearly an incompatibility between the sceneries. Maybe it has something to do with a somewhat corrupted process when building the scenery indexes. Otherwise, I can really not explain how a UK scenery can conflict with a US scenery...

But I think we are getting a bit off topic here. Maybe it is worth starting a thread in the Prepar3d forum.

1 hour ago, InTheAir said:

Could you please tell us how you resolved your issue since i also have same issue as you after updated the PMDG Operations Center today,
My 747 is also causing my sim to crash while loading a scenery , every other aircraft add on works well without any issues
Thanks.

1 minute ago, cedarjet201 said:

Could you please tell us how you resolved your issue since i also have same issue as you after updated the PMDG Operations Center today,
My 747 is also causing my sim to crash while loading a scenery , every other aircraft add on works well without any issues
Thanks.

You using new ndivia drivers?? 

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, cedarjet201 said:

Thanks.

Which sceneries?? 

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

You using new ndivia drivers?? 

Yes and i have tried to update them to the latest without any luck , also i have uninstalled the PMDG 747 and 777 and re installed without any luck

2 minutes ago, tooting said:

Which sceneries?? 

I have so many Flytampa most of them and they are compatible with P3D V4 , but note that i try to load the T7 in a default airport prior to CTD and also my PMDG addons where working perfect yesterday before the update in the operations center  

Maybe it is the new ndivia drivers.  I'm not convinced though.  I had issues with them.

Ps your videos on YouTube cedarjet have kept me occupied on many a quiet nightshift at work.  😁

1 minute ago, cedarjet201 said:

Yes and i have tried to update them to the latest without any luck , also i have uninstalled the PMDG 747 and 777 and re installed without any luck

14ppkc-6.png