Sign in to follow this  
DavidFlynn

PMDG 737NGX Brakes After Landing

Hello, 

When I Land in the PMDG 737NGX I activate the reversers (which take ages to come out) and then at 70 kts i turn off the reversers and use the toe brakes but they dont work and i over run the runway!

Can Anyone Please Help Me?

Kind Regards

David

Hi,

You gave no information about your config.

Which sim do you use?

How did you configure your rudder pedals? Through the sim axis setting or through fsuipc?

Do you have a signal from your pedals in the sim?

And be advised tha PMDG require to sign all the post with full names in the forum rules.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hello

I use FSX:SE 

I press a button on my joystick multiple times to brake the aircraft 

I don't have rudder pedals 

~David Flynn 

Confusing, toe brakes and button activated brakes are two different things.  One is an axis, the other is a key command.  Make sure you only have one of those assigned and it is assigned correctly.  There is not a bug in the NGX braking, it has to be in  you configuration.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have brakes (apply/release) set on my joystick and i have to press it multiple times to slow the aircraft down, although it does not happen sometimes in the pmdg 737NGX

58 minutes ago, DavidFlynn said:

I have brakes (apply/release) set on my joystick and i have to press it multiple times to slow the aircraft down, although it does not happen sometimes in the pmdg 737NGX

Do you have button repeat turned on on your brakes button so the brakes will stay activated for the length of time you're holding the button?

3 minutes ago, DavidFlynn said:

Here is a video of my landing and the brakes didnt work

I realised that you couldnt see the controls at the end so here is a screenshot

https://gyazo.com/167b7f29389ec1f54196f103d7b8a8c3

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required in your posts here.

As far as the issue goes, I'd go through all of your control settings in the sim to check for any duplicate commands/axes. I'm guessing that you have a brake axis lurking somewhere that is causing the sim to get confused.

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, DavidFlynn said:

Looked through them. No duplicates

David Flynn

Looks to me like you're not applying brakes at all. I'm guessing your controller is faulty and it's not picking up you pressing the button

Check in your windows settings for your joystick is working properly. to get to this go to control panel-hardware and sound-devices and printers,right click your joystick icon and select game controller settings then properties on the pop up window. test all the controls and buttons on your joystick, the corresponding buttons on the display should light up when you press the button. If one doesn't that particular button is not sending a signal and is faulty. if the joystick is old the connections wears out over time and either sends an erratic signal or no signal at all. Select a button in the sim for the brakes that is working properly and then test in the aircraft.  Failing that use the period/full stop key on your keyboard.Make sure you have it assigned in the sim settings and the repeat box checked.

hope that makes sense

Regards

Richard le page

Edited by richardlepage

2 hours ago, DavidFlynn said:

I have sorted it out now. Thank you

Mind sharing what you did, or what you found?

Kyle Rodgers