Sign in to follow this  
samirbrihi

PMDG 737/777 For FSX Steam Query

Hello all,

Basically I've been away from the simming scene for about 3 years. I just rejoined today and purchased the FSX Steam edition. Previously I had purchased the 737 and 777 sims from PMDG. I simply accessed my account there and tried to re-download them.

My query is how do I get them to work for FSX Steam. They were purchased for FSX ... surely there's a method to get them to work on steam? I did find a forum on the steam gaming site about how to do it for the 777 but it presumed i had already made some changes to files in my pc which I hadn't, and i couldn't find out exactly what they required to be done.

I searched the PMDG ops centre but couldn't find any downloads relating to updates for my purchases to work on steam.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Why not scroll down the page a bit to the PMDG forum and ask them?

DJ

Just point the normal FSX PMDG installer to FSX-SE, it will work just fine. Note that during installation, a dialogue box will pop up telling you a (very simple) additional thing you have to do (it involves making sure three files are updated in FSX-SE).

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes sir they works. Just be sure to point the installer to the correct fsxsteam and not fsx normal installation. 

Have you/are you installing the Steam addition on a clean install of Windows 7/8/10 or on the same Windows you had/have your FSX boxed edition on?

• Upvote 1

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

20 hours ago, samirbrihi said:

I simply accessed my account there and tried to re-download them.

To install in FSX-SE and/or the 777, you need to download the Service Pack 1d.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If this is a new install of PMDG 777/737 which I think it is because you mention just getting SE, you need to download the complete installer from your previous purchases in your PMDG account. These installers contain all of the latest service packs and are fully compatible with Steam edition.

There is no need to download any service packs and in fact for the 777 there is no service pack available for the latest version, you have to use the full downloader. Read the 5th paragraph here: 

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

57 minutes ago, wanabflyer said:

There is no need to download any service packs and in fact for the 777 there is no service pack available for the latest version,

Thanks for the update Rick.  I did not see that and the site still shows that, for FSX-SE, you have to download the service pack:

ServicePack.png

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello all,

I really appreciate all the replies! I took the advice given here and logged into my account, I simply downloaded it as normal, followed all the prompts to install etc and opened FSX SE and the aircraft were there.

I did quick a quick practice run on the 777, shut down the engines, restarted them, packs and bleeds on/off, apu etc etc and all was working fine, did a quick circuit and all seemed tip top. 

I didn't see anything about moving 3 files as was mentioned above, can I assume it did it automatically or will i encounter an issue at some stage? in which case i should probably look into it

5 hours ago, wanabflyer said:

If this is a new install of PMDG 777/737 which I think it is because you mention just getting SE, you need to download the complete installer from your previous purchases in your PMDG account. These installers contain all of the latest service packs and are fully compatible with Steam edition.

There is no need to download any service packs and in fact for the 777 there is no service pack available for the latest version, you have to use the full downloader. Read the 5th paragraph here: 

Ignore my above post, this seemed to explain it, thanks wanabflyer! :)