Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

P3D V4 Nvidia Inspector Settings

I am new to P3D and just installed V4.

Just wondered if anyone knows of a recommended P3D V4 Nvidia Inspector Setting?

This AVSIM site has a really great guide for Nvidia Inspector settings for FSX which I have used with awesome results and was hoping to find something for P3D V4.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Hi Dane,

TBH, I used it for all the previous versions but once I installed the V4, I just forgot about it and never realised that it was missing ... I think V4 looks great with the right settings applied in the user interface.

Just my input ;) I'm sure others will differ but ... so far , so good :)

Cheers

• Upvote 1

I just use the "Prefer Maximum Power" setting and I've capped my FPS in there. I know some people like to force anisotropic filtering through inspector but that just gives the water this weird, fuzzy look. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I have given up using NI with Prepar3d4. I used it for 4xSGSS, as Antialiasing was really poor in former versions, but this is history now. Besides, I have a 30Hz monitor relieving any need of external fps capping.

Settings like Maximum Power and a couple of similar ones certainly wan't hurt, but I can't tell having derived any observable advantage from them so far.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

I am new to P3D and just installed V4.

Just wondered if anyone knows of a recommended P3D V4 Nvidia Inspector Setting?

This AVSIM site has a really great guide for Nvidia Inspector settings for FSX which I have used with awesome results and was hoping to find something for P3D V4.

You can set it all in P3D Options:

FXAA off,  Anisotropic 8X filtering, 4XSSAA, Vsynch on, Framerate: your choice (I use 30).

No need for Nvidia Inspector, unlike FSX.

• Upvote 1

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

FXAA off,  Anisotropic 8X filtering, 4XSSAA, Vsynch on, Framerate: your choice (I use 30).

The framerate limiter inside P3D is terrible, definitely not a viable alternative if you value performance.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

The framerate limiter inside P3D is terrible, definitely not a viable alternative if you value performance.

How so, can you elaborate?

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

How so, can you elaborate?

The in-game limiter adds what I suspect is a large amount of pre-rendered / qeued frames, which in many cases has a huge impact on performance. Say you have 60FPS, you lock FPS to 60 with the in-game slider, suddenly your FPS might end up being 40 instead. It's highly recommended to use an external limiter.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

The in-game limiter adds what I suspect is a large amount of pre-rendered / qeued frames, which in many cases has a huge impact on performance. Say you have 60FPS, you lock FPS to 60 with the in-game slider, suddenly your FPS might end up being 40 instead. It's highly recommended to use an external limiter.

Uncap FPS just means you are prioritizing FPS over scenery loading. If your system cant keep up with running unlimited, blurries is the result. The slider at anything but unlimited will give more of the time slice to loading so you get that huge drop.

That being said, stutters comes into the mix too when you start using Vsync and tripple buffering.

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Uncap FPS just means you are prioritizing FPS over scenery loading. If your system cant keep up with running unlimited, blurries is the result.

That being said, stutters comes into the mix too when you start using Vsync and tripple buffering.

Not sure what relevance that had to what I posted? Nobody is talking about uncapped FPS nor Vsync or TB. Just the difference between the internal and external framerate limiter, where the internal is a terrible performance hog, regardless of situation. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting..  I do see less CPU usage on Core0 with external limiting than internal limiting..  so I'll fly with that for a while.

Thanks!

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Thank you Bert, this is good news...

Regards, Dane

3 hours ago, AFL581 said:

Hi Dane,

TBH, I used it for all the previous versions but once I installed the V4, I just forgot about it and never realised that it was missing ... I think V4 looks great with the right settings applied in the user interface.

Just my input ;) I'm sure others will differ but ... so far , so good :)

Cheers

Thanks for your input, good to know.

Regards, Dane

3 hours ago, pmb said:

I have given up using NI with Prepar3d4. I used it for 4xSGSS, as Antialiasing was really poor in former versions, but this is history now. Besides, I have a 30Hz monitor relieving any need of external fps capping.

Settings like Maximum Power and a couple of similar ones certainly wan't hurt, but I can't tell having derived any observable advantage from them so far.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael I appreciate your response

Regards, Dane

Compared to actually setting my monitor to a custom refresh of 30hz, setting frames using an external limiter didn't seem to yield anywhere near the same results, so i'd say try a custom refresh rate in Nvidia control panel instead of an external frame limiter. And as others have said, everything else  you need is handled very well internally by P3D v4 now, so don't bother with tweaking.