Sign in to follow this  
cannow

Scenary Add ons Crash

3 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Just a thought - you can have multiple legacy aircraft installed via a single add-on.xml, I have all of my legacy aircraft in a single xml.
I've not bothered with xml for scenery yet as mostly it's not necessary and less than useful ... but you may be able to have multiple sceneries in one xml. Probably not through the tool though.

Re the last post Curt - my ORBX sceneries don't use XML, they went straight into scenery.cfg - are you installing non-P3Dv4 sceneries? The NA Global freeware airports are available for v4 now...

Cheers
Keith

Keith, I've only been installing the released Orbx P3Dv4 freeware.  I thought there was a flaw with their airports, but then I had the same crash after installing a Turbulent airport.  Once I uninstalled several Orbx airports, I could then install and run my two Turbulent airports without issue.    

6 minutes ago, cannow said:

Glad it is just not me and hoped I helped .No explanation why will try to do some  more research but certainly feels like some hard limit and Keith the issue is installing installing scenary generally manual or .XML .If too many .XML files sim crashes .curt could you add to my L M thread so they know it not just me .

Colin, could you please give me a link to that LM thread?  Also, when you say you "disabled" your .xml addons, are you saying you remove the .xml entry out of your P3Dv4 Add-ons folder, or do you have another method?  I know I can't disable .xml in the scenery library.

1 hour ago, cannow said:

Hard to find but got moved http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=125790&p=162686#p162686

I have been deactivateing with Lorby si tool see this thread https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/795-lorby-si-freeware/

Also some advice from him on this thread but not had time to follow through .

Colin, try as I might, I can't get an accepted login at the P3D forum.  Feel free to copy and paste my comments over if you wish.

Keith the issue is installing installing scenary generally manual or .XML .If too many .XML files sim crashes .

Which is why I suggested multiple sceneries per XML file...means less XML files required for a set number of sceneries...

Cheers
Keith

I have the exact same problems here. Certain combinations of sceneries lead to instant CTDs right after the scenerio setup screen. And it is only a certain combination that leads to a problem. Just to give you an example: I installed Pacsim KSLC with a proper P3Dv4 installer today and got the above mentioned CTD right after the scenario setup. BUT: When I de-activate the Orbx CRM and NRM region, I can startup the sim without getting a crash (which appeared after the installation of Pacsim KSLC). When I activate the Orbx CRM and NRM regions and de-activate Pacsim KSLC then the sim also works without problems. It is only the combination of the the add-ons which doesn't work. This is completely strange and I am pretty confident that it must be a problem of P3D as the add-ons themselves work without any problem if not combined with other add-ons. 

Edit: The error is reproducable even without using a single add-on via the add-on xml procedure. Only using scenery.cfg produces the same error. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

8 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

I have the exact same problems here. Certain combinations of sceneries lead to instant CTDs right after the scenerio setup screen. And it is only a certain combination that leads to a problem. Just to give you an example: I installed Pacsim KSLC with a proper P3Dv4 installer today and got the above mentioned CTD right after the scenario setup. BUT: When I de-activate the Orbx CRM and NRM region, I can startup the sim without getting a crash (which appeared after the installation of Pacsim KSLC). When I activate the Orbx CRM and NRM regions and de-activate Pacsim KSLC then the sim also works without problems. It is only the combination of the the add-ons which doesn't work. This is completely strange and I am pretty confident that it must be a problem of P3D as the add-ons themselves work without any problem if not combined with other add-ons. 

Edit: The error is reproducable even without using a single add-on via the add-on xml procedure. Only using scenery.cfg produces the same error. 

oooohhhh your going to have fun trying to get LM to admit to that problem  You watch theyll pass that from pillar to post 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

Carlo, thank you for your feedback, we need all the input we can get on this.  This is going to be very interesting, or very agonizing depending on how severe these conflicts are.  If someone could establish a pattern as to what sceneries conflict with others than we'd be on to something.  I think it's likely just a shot in the dark.

I have to adjust one of my statements: When I de-activate all sceneries add-ons which are included via the add-on xml method, then I can run Pacsim KSLC and Orbx CRM and NRM together. So this might indeed be an issue when using the add-on xml method. Another user over at the Orbx forum stated that Mathjis from Aerosoft said that there is indeed a problem with the add-on xml method. Might be a good sign if an official from Aerosoft has also discovered the problem. Let's keep fingers crossed that LM can fix that problem. For now, I will include all sceneries via the scenery.cfg file as this still seems to work.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

18 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

. For now, I will include all sceneries via the scenery.cfg file as this still seems to work.

Me too. I use the scenery.cfg method for sceneries and the add-on.xml method for aircrafts and tools.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi @ll,

some thoughts:

1. All crash reports seem to have in common that there was a single cause, a certain addon that started this behavior. If that is true, how is that add-on.xml organized? Is it targeting the scenery area (=the top folder) or is it twofold, having an addon component for scenery and textures separately?

2. When running your tests, please activate the content error log. There might be something useful in it

3. It may be helpful to track down the source module of the crash in the Windows Event Log (if there is one).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I'm convinced there's some underline problem with how the scenery library is working at the moment, I had similar issue.

It first started when I had Aerosoft Trondhiem active in the library, if I deactivated it the crashing stopped. Then it started happening on other sceneries too like Flytampa EKCH which obviously has no problems as its used by thousands of people. After some trial and error deactivating all FSDT sceneries out of the "addons"  fixed it(just had to add them manually to the scenery library to actually use them)

Its not ideal but its the best I've come up with

I had an issue with UK2000 Manchester crashing PD if Orbx England was enabled. Orbx is the only addon that is installed via the old method, via FCentral 3.2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I had nearly the same experience with Aerosoft's LPMA. When choosing LPMA after pressing "Start" P3Dv4 crashed. I made a search and found the culprit in FSDT KJFK2. When deactivating KJFK, LPMA had no problems. It seems - according to Mathijs from Aersoft - that there are bugs in LM's add-on.xmls. FSDT's sceneries are embedded in the addon.xmls, Aerosoft's is in the main P3Dv4 folder - as it is the case with ORBX. When having that hint, i built an "old fashioned scenery.cfg" combining the scenry.cfg and the addon.xml to one scenery.cfg  (using the Lorby-Tool) and deleted all sceneries in the addon-xmls and the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons -Folder (within C:\user\mydocuments). After that, everything ran without problems. Maybe you try that - but please keep your originals in a safe place in case there is another problem.

In one case I know, this method helped.

Best regards

Bernhard

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

1. All crash reports seem to have in common that there was a single cause, a certain addon that started this behavior. If that is true, how is that add-on.xml organized? Is it targeting the scenery area (=the top folder) or is it twofold, having an addon component for scenery and textures separately?

The thing is that even installing add-ons which register via the scenery.cfg can trigger the CTDs. So it must not only be an add-on which registers using an add-on.xml. And as I mentioned above, it is not driven by a single add-on, because all the add-ons which started the behavior can be used without crashes if all sceneries are registered through the scenery.cfg. So using the add-on.xml method for sceneries must be buggy in the current version of P3D v4.

The type of error is a ntdll crash. But this has nothing to do with drivers or whatever in this particular case. The CTDs are can be perfectly reproduced any time when certain combinations of add-ons are used. And as I said. I can use all sceneries without any problem when registering them via the scenery.cfg.