Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

FS Global Ultimate Next Generation, worth it?

Just an update.

I just purchased it and got the download links. But the speed is incredibly slow. Gonna take me days to download all of them.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

2 hours ago, Hoang said:

This video should satisfy you. The only thing is FreemeshX does not have USA in the package which is a big reason that I'm not going for it eventhough it's free.

Hoang Le

That did not do a good job comparing and had a very selective comparison to freemesh.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

That did not do a good job comparing and had a very selective comparison to freemesh.

Sorry it's the best I could find.
Cheers,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

4 hours ago, Hoang said:

Just an update.

I just purchased it and got the download links. But the speed is incredibly slow. Gonna take me days to download all of them.

Hoang Le

I just bought it too.  Stop your downloads so I can get it!   Bandwidth hog.  :D

sorry Denali I'm in competition just brought it and downloading .Lol

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I'm getting mostly for the loading time improvement.   That alone would make it worth it over the years of waiting times with 2010 version.  I'm also expecting to see more detail in the midwestern regions when I fly in, upper midwest and Texas.  

I had all the files downloading well before I went to bed last night with Chrono Download Manager, but they all were "finished" this morning when I checked in on them at around 2GB each.  There was no way to resume these broken "finished" downloads.  Frustrating.  So I'm trying other download managers.  Free Download Manager is doing well on one file, but it wasn't doing well yesterday before I switched to CDM.  Ninja Download Manager has some nice features, and I think I am preferring it now.  As it is I'm using CDM, FDM and NDM with about 5 files each to download.

And now I noticed CDM just "finished" 3 files at 3.5GB.  Do NOT Use Chrono Download Manager.

I had a similar problem last night.  All of my files abruptly stopped downloading, and when I checked this morning, most of the files were only 1 to 2 GB in size.  I was using Chrome's default downloader, which I know isn't recommended but hasn't never given me much trouble before.  So, I too am currently having another go at downloading them, lol.

Hello,
I'm using IDM for downloading. I don't have the problem that the other manager have. The files were fully 3.99GB each, however I notice it was not able to download 4 out of 19 files last night, probably got error from the server.

The speed yesterday was bad but today is very good. Expecting to finish it this morning.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Agree with Hoang Le, you need to have a download manager if you are downloading large files and I consider 80GB very large.  IDM is a good product, I've had it several years and it gets frequent updates.  Works seamlessly in Firefox and probably Chrome, in fact I prefer it to the default download UI.

Dan Downs KCRP

I"m getting slow and stopped downloads with Ninja Download Manager now. The stopped ones won't start again, did a pause, and resume, no luck.  Free Download Manager is pulling away at 11 downloads now with no problems.  It has finished 4 4GB files already.  I'll probably move the two files that stopped on NDM to restart on FDM even though they're half way done as I will probably have to restart them.

FDM also has an MD5 Check on the context menu, just that much easier.  Not fun to think you've got a good file and in the middle of opening them you find one or more files are corrupted and have to start over.  Also, FDM is open sores, it's a collaborative project, if you get it make sure you get it from the freedownloadmanager.com site, as there are clowns that have some dumb stuff in them.

10 hours downloading and nearly done time for bed so should able to test tomorrow night .I. E and win 10 have done an excellent  job downloading

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d