Move the GTN750 to the 2nd monitor?

Great - thanks for the prompt reply :) 

I shall eagerly watch this forum then!

Regards

Richard

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rictus said:

I shall eagerly watch this forum then!

Always! Not only for this specific feature you're looking for, but also for any surprise Reality XP may announce!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Well, having a touchscreen tablet version would be very handy! That would make life somewhat easier!!! ;)

Are there any updates to this. From what i read above it was to happen during the summer. It is now October  so an update would be helpful. I purchased the 750 gtn ( which i love btw!) but it takes allot of screen real estate. 

Please update ... I want to move it to a second monitor!

Peter

The 3.0 plugin SDK has just been released which provides plugin developers with the opportunity to undock and move windows out of the x-plane sim window. 

Here is an example:

https://developer.x-plane.com/code-sample/x-plane-11-window-api-sample/

now that hat this is finally available I hope RealityXP can implement it for the gtn750. I want to be able to import it as a separate window into VR so I can resize and position it using Flyinside but I'm sure many others want the same feature to create a tablet on a second screen. 

Is this something we may see when 11.1 gets out of beta?

We're working on it, along many other things at the same time though. I can't promise we'll be in sync for official 11.1 release, but we're trying our best. I might sound easy to do (just recompile with the new SDK), but there are many details we have to cross-check and validate because our window manager built atop X-Plane SDK has a lot to do! This plus supporting XP9 to XP11 with a unique compiled plugin DLL that covers it all (well 2 if you account for the 64bits version).

• Upvote 2

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

BTW SDK version 3 is released, available for download. So is the LR G1000 (Which is great!). On Beta 11.1

Meach

Hi,

A quick note about the 'pop-out' windows.

While working on the next update to be released probably tomorrow, we've been experimenting with the latest X-Plane 11 SDK and I can tell you the pop-out windows are working. However, it breaks all our mouse inputs, and unlike the standard GPS/FMS/MAP, it doesn't overlay a top bar with 'close' and 'detach' button, but it draws a thick edge around our gauge with these buttons permanently displayed (even when not detached).

I'm not sure it is very good for now with the beta, so we'll have to wait closer to final 11.1 to really make it work officially.

But at least, it is starting to take shape!

On 2017-06-08 at 9:47 AM, D-man said:

Resolution: Re-installed P3D v4

Thanks,
D-Man

On 2017-10-16 at 10:43 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

A quick note about the 'pop-out' windows.

While working on the next update to be released probably tomorrow, we've been experimenting with the latest X-Plane 11 SDK and I can tell you the pop-out windows are working. However, it breaks all our mouse inputs, and unlike the standard GPS/FMS/MAP, it doesn't overlay a top bar with 'close' and 'detach' button, but it draws a thick edge around our gauge with these buttons permanently displayed (even when not detached).

I'm not sure it is very good for now with the beta, so we'll have to wait closer to final 11.1 to really make it work officially.

But at least, it is starting to take shape!

excellent news and thank you for the update

Peter

Hi, In the meantime we've solved the question of 'surrounding' our window with the X-Plane pop out window decoration (there is a setting for this), but doing so, it won't automatically show a top bar with 'close' and 'pop out' buttons like the default GPS does. We're still exploring as the beta is progressing!

so is it possible at this time to move the window? how do I dio that. Beta? new version? update?

Peter

Hi Peter, it might have been written a dozen times already in the forum, nevertheless, the status hasn't changed: until XP11.1 is out of beta, and we validate the new SDK which offers the feature to pop out the windows!

On 2017-10-22 at 9:04 PM, RXP said:

Hi Peter, it might have been written a dozen times already in the forum, nevertheless, the status hasn't changed: until XP11.1 is out of beta, and we validate the new SDK which offers the feature to pop out the windows!

Thanks for the update.  Just trying to keep up  with things ( which is not always as easy as it seems ) aAs always thanks for the hard work and excellent products . Pete

The latest version of the GTN 750 RXP is now out and supports the pop out window ability which can then be dragged to a second monitor or iPad to be used like a real life GTN 750. Merry Xmas to me Ho Ho Ho. Thank you RXP and I was a good boy this year.

• Upvote 1