Sign in to follow this  
JoTayhen

Add User Defined Points to Map

Does anyone know of a way to allow the user to place "points of interest" on any of the Little Navmap maps?  For example, those of us who enjoy using the "Return to Misty Moorings" scenery packages would love to place location markers to identify the various cabins and other points of interest.

Little NavMap is a remarkable program!  Thank you very much, Sir!

John

Hi John,

no, there is no bookmark management yet. It is planned together with a lot of other improvements for the release 1.8. Next version 1.6 will be X-Plane functionality only and won't hopefully take too long.

Are there no dummy AFCAD files that show the positions of the cabins in the simulator? These would show up in LNM too. I have a bunch of these for Orbx NZSI which display all the small unlisted airstrips.

and thank you for the kind words.

Alex

Thanks, Alex.  I firmly believe Little Navmap deserves all the praise being directed its way!

I have found a way to populate the little Navmap's maps with RTMM (Return to Misty Moorings) features and it was always available via the menu selections.

1.  Go to the RTMM site and select the "Here to There" page and download the Google Earth KMZ file.

2.  Once the KMZ file is loaded in Google Earth, right-click on it (in the left hand column in Google Earth) and save it to a location on your computer as a "KML" file.

3.  In Navmap, select the "load KML files" selection from the "file" menu selection and browse to your saved KML file.

That's it.  You have all of the RTMM sites superimposed on your Little Navmap map.

Thanks again, Alex.  

John

I like make POI's on my map and save them on a external drive to that I transfer them to another computer. I like to use Little Navmap as my mini map on both Fs 2004,FSX and MSFS. I created some POI's on my laptop for a helicopter mission flight in which I have pick up locations and drop off location.  Then I use Little Navmap to find my POI's during my flight. Is there a way to save the POI's and load them again on another computer?

10 hours ago, djcrandall said:

I like make POI's on my map and save them on a external drive to that I transfer them to another computer. I like to use Little Navmap as my mini map on both Fs 2004,FSX and MSFS. I created some POI's on my laptop for a helicopter mission flight in which I have pick up locations and drop off location.  Then I use Little Navmap to find my POI's during my flight. Is there a way to save the POI's and load them again on another computer?

You can export and import the userpoints/POIs to a CSV file. Use this to transfer them from one computer to another. LNM menu "Userpoints" -> "Import CSV" and "Export CSV". More here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/USERPOINT.html

You can also copy the whole userpoint database to the other computer if you don't care about overwriting everything. The file is C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db\little_navmap_userdata.sqlite.

Alex