Sign in to follow this  
bkrumlauf

PTT and Saitek yoke not working with XPlane 11

All of a sudden, I cannot get P2ATC PTT to recognize buttons on my Saitek yoke with X-plane 11.    If I use my mouse to activate PTT it works fine when I test it with Grammar Help and when connected to X-Plane.   So I know PTT and my mike are configured correctly. i have cleared and re-mapped to the same and different buttons....No joy.

Dumb question....In X-Plane, should I have the the yoke button I mapped in P2ATC also mapped to the X-Plane "contact ATC" command?  

No.  The button you set up as P2A's PTT button should not be mapped to anything else in any program.

Have you tried running P2A as Administrator?  Some Windows update may have changed something with the permissions.

Another possibility is a problem with the mapping of the Saitek button.  Does it work when mapped to something like Flaps in XP?  Are you running any programs like SPAD or SPADNext that may have the button defined to do something else?

Tried running as administrator.  Did not resolve.  Button does work fine when mapped to non-P2A functions.  I have SPAD installed but not running.  Will unmap there to see if that makes a difference.  Any other thoughts?

Any button that shows up in the P2A PTT Joystick assignment window should work.  You might want to try assigning the PTT function to a different joystick and button and see if it works. 

To test if it's working, you must be connected to X-Plane because the hardware button detection does not work unless connected to the SIM.