Sign in to follow this  
Adam Quinn

PMDG 777 Closes my game

Hello there,

I have a big problem with the PMDG 777. Whenever I select it on the home it's fine, I have tried so many different airports with the same result, whenever I start the sim the bar climbs to 100%, I see a black screen and then I see my desktop. Though there is no crash report on any programs so I am lost on what to do?

Have you tried deleting your config file? What system specs do you have? What other efforts to resolve the issue have you made.  You need to be clear as to the above so that people can help you out :)

Oliver Cooksey

Just now, Oliver_Cooksey said:

Have you tried deleting your config file? What system specs do you have? What other efforts to resolve the issue have you made.  You need to be clear as to the above so that people can help you out :)

Oliver Cooksey

I have tried renaming the files in program data, program files and localappdata. And my CPU is a Intel i5 6700k and my GPU is a Nvidia GTX 970 

17 minutes ago, Adam Quinn said:

8GB apologies 

That might be your issue. Have a look to see how much RAM is in use before the application crashes.

Oliver Cooksey

Just now, Oliver_Cooksey said:

That might be your issue. Have a look to see how much RAM is in use before the application crashes.

Oliver Cooksey

Sorry, how do I do that?

The information you are inquiring about has been discussed many time here in the forum.  You must use the search function and you will get help here.  Use it, it's your friend.  I hope this will help you here   

David. 

I'm not buying into the RAM theory... isn't that what Windows uses the pagefile for?  Just make sure the pagefile settings are left in default and let Windows manage memory

Dan Downs KCRP

Have you asked in the PMDG forum?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

With most things it's process of elimination ...

Does this happen if you select a default aircraft such as the Carenado A36 Bonanza? 

Paul

On 7/9/2017 at 5:26 AM, Adam Quinn said:

Hello there,

I have a big problem with the PMDG 777. Whenever I select it on the home it's fine, I have tried so many different airports with the same result, whenever I start the sim the bar climbs to 100%, I see a black screen and then I see my desktop. Though there is no crash report on any programs so I am lost on what to do?

The PMDG 777 does not load when you start P3DV4.  It only loads if you select the aircraft in the setup.  When you load P3DV4, the first things to load are the modules that load via the dll.xml.  If you load the PMDG 777 at the setup screen and it shows up fine, then it is not the PMDG 777 as it will crash at the setup screen.  So, this is probably why no one from PMDG would respond.

I do not understand - "whenever I select it on the home it's fine".

Many members try to rename the default scenario and save a flight and then try to load the saved flight.  I have seen so many issues with this and I would not recommend it.  I would remove any saved flight from the P3D.cfg and startup with the default.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides many more suggestions for fixing this problem yourself.  Members above are trying to help but just grasping for suggestions that might help you and they have little or no information as to exactly what kind of computer you have, and what you are loading.  Heck, if you have saved flights in the FSUIPC utility, that could be causing the crashes.  But we have no idea that you even have the FSUIPC utility.  Page 9 and 10 of the CTD Guide shows you how to fix most crashes and freezes in P3D.  You have to investigate your particular crash yourself, especially when there is no crash report or anything in the Event Viewer (which is strange as the Event Viewer records all Events).  The AVSIM CTD Guide has images around page 4 on how to properly look at the Event Viewer to see ALL events in one location.  This way you can see if there might be a computer problem.

I will move this to the CTD Forum.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Paul_ said:

With most things it's process of elimination ...

Does this happen if you select a default aircraft such as the Carenado A36 Bonanza? 

Paul

No not even the other pmdg aircraft

55 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The PMDG 777 does not load when you start P3DV4.  It only loads if you select the aircraft in the setup.  When you load P3DV4, the first things to load are the modules that load via the dll.xml.  If you load the PMDG 777 at the setup screen and it shows up fine, then it is not the PMDG 777 as it will crash at the setup screen.  So, this is probably why no one from PMDG would respond.

I do not understand - "whenever I select it on the home it's fine".

Many members try to rename the default scenario and save a flight and then try to load the saved flight.  I have seen so many issues with this and I would not recommend it.  I would remove any saved flight from the P3D.cfg and startup with the default.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides many more suggestions for fixing this problem yourself.  Members above are trying to help but just grasping for suggestions that might help you and they have little or no information as to exactly what kind of computer you have, and what you are loading.  Heck, if you have saved flights in the FSUIPC utility, that could be causing the crashes.  But we have no idea that you even have the FSUIPC utility.  Page 9 and 10 of the CTD Guide shows you how to fix most crashes and freezes in P3D.  You have to investigate your particular crash yourself, especially when there is no crash report or anything in the Event Viewer (which is strange as the Event Viewer records all Events).  The AVSIM CTD Guide has images around page 4 on how to properly look at the Event Viewer to see ALL events in one location.  This way you can see if there might be a computer problem.

I will move this to the CTD Forum.

Best regards,

Jim

I have V3