Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

Split Scimitars for the NGX

1 hour ago, Mitch24 said:

Thanks for your explanation, Chock. I would just like to see them for the visual aspect, I don't really care much about if they actually affect the PMDG flying at all..

Unfortunately, the developers probably do; accuracy is essentially PMDG's USP, hardly a surprise when the company even has the word precision in its name, so it'd be my guess that they'd probably be disinclined to make an SSW variant without having it reflect the differing performance of the thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see them upating the P3D V4 NG at some point down the line with such a feature.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

22 hours ago, Chock said:

Unfortunately, the developers probably do; accuracy is essentially PMDG's USP, hardly a surprise when the company even has the word precision in its name, so it'd be my guess that they'd probably be disinclined to make an SSW variant without having it reflect the differing performance of the thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see them upating the P3D V4 NG at some point down the line with such a feature.

I agree completely. If we are going to have scimitars in FSX/P3D it should reflect the performance in a realistic manor. That being said, scimitars would be a cool visual update for one of the best planes made for flight simulation. Goldstar textures photoshopped scimitars on the NGX. It looks pretty awesome. https://m.facebook.com/GoldstarTextures/photos/a.156279657854273.36352.156064191209153/583564371792464/?type=3&source=54

Roger

On 7/9/2017 at 1:07 PM, Mitch24 said:

Hello, I do not yet own the PMDG NGX, but I am hoping to get it in the near future.

Does the NGX currently have split scimitars like in the real world? The pics on the website I don't see them. If not can we add them please, it's very unrealistic. 

Thank you!

-Mitch Young

Rather have the 900ER first. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

On ‎09‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 10:12 PM, Chock said:

I would agree. BUT they did the whole B747-8 model with the cockpit and the dynamics of the 747-400! This also surprised me, but I think it was a good idea anyway.

I don't know if it would affect the product being officially licensed by Boeing. But I would certainly welcome an ssw update, even if it was visual only.

Regards, Dominik

40 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

"The vast majority is still non Scimitars, even in USA"

Screen_Shot_2017_07_11_at_4_39_55_PM.png

:dry:

Not to burst your bubble, but in those pictures there are as many non scimitar 737's as there are 737's with them. ;)

The horse is starting to look a little dead. Enjoy what we already have, or is about to get if you are using v4. Hopefully PMDG will deliver so you finally can get a bit of sleep knowing you will save a few percent of virtual fuel.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, VitaminA330 said:

BUT they did the whole B747-8 model with the cockpit and the dynamics of the 747-400!

How do you know this??? The 747-8 isn't even out yet. 

This, sad and repetitive, topic almost makes me want to go back to the good old days of WX radar threads.

4 minutes ago, F16_Driver said:

The old 747 had a model only expansion of the 747-8.

Ok, he's referring to the old version. Understood.

i believe the v3 expansion will have new modeling from what I've read. 

"The vast majority is still non Scimitars, even in USA"

Screen_Shot_2017_07_11_at_4_39_55_PM.png

:dry:

https://www.jetphotos.com/showphotos.php?aircraft=all&airline=Southwest%20Airlines&country-location=all&photographer-group=all&category=all&keywords-type=all&keywords-contain=3&keywords=&photo-year=2017&genre=all&search-type=Advanced&sort-order=0

A good majority of the SWA fleet doesn't have SSW yet, and SWA have 648 737 NGs vs United's 325.

And even then, not every United 737 has SSW:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8623847

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8601108

I can only speak for myself, but I get excited about split scimitar winglets as I do accurately modeled airport interiors....

I spend 99% of my time in the left seat. But, I do understand the desire for accuracy. 

• Upvote 1

I don't get why after numerous requests from the community for the addition for Split Scimitars PMDG completely ignores us, pretty much every 737 I am seeing now has them. I am pretty disappointed. There has been several updates to the NGX in the past 12 months why can't one be with this new feature? 

Why does it take years for any community requests to actually be implemented into existing products... (Ex. weather radar )

Edited by Mitch24
  • Upvote 1

Why does it take years for any community requests to actually be implemented into existing products...

You sound like an FO that i used to fly with. ROFL

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 7/11/2017 at 7:37 PM, F16_Driver said:

Not to burst your bubble, but in those pictures there are as many non scimitar 737's as there are 737's with them. ;)

The horse is starting to look a little dead. Enjoy what we already have, or is about to get if you are using v4. Hopefully PMDG will deliver so you finally can get a bit of sleep knowing you will save a few percent of virtual fuel.

Most 737's in the US have them. For example nearly all if not all of the -800's they own have them and they are starting to put them on the -700's and have seen about a quarter of them with them so far which my dad confirms (SWA Captain). This is the largest 737 operator in the world and most of the other carriers have them as I have seen. I haven't seen a non scimitar United or Delta 737 in forever it seems. So saying not many have them is just flat out wrong. I would say a vast majority of 737's have them now.

• Upvote 1