Sign in to follow this  
jay281

Autogen V4

Hello All, Im experiencing autogen popping, and sometimes complete lack of autogen in V4. I have no FFTF tweak and a clean config. Im running a 7700K at 5.0ghz and a Titan Xp. Is this a widespread problem? If you want to test, take off from EGCC and turn onto a heading of 150, after 5min look for autogen.  Im running Open LC, UK2000, PMDG 747 and AS16. My CPU core 0 is not maxed. 

Ive tried all of the normal antidotes, its actually getting me down.

Kind Regards

James

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

And do you see this same issue without the scenery addons?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ill be perfectly honest i have not tried, the only addons i have active are the ones stated in the post. Its just bizarr, i consider myself quite o'fey with the ESP engine, but im just compleatly stuck. I would prefer to not go for the nuclear option if you know what i mean lol! 

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

@vbazillio its off pal. 😥

To add more context this is a compleatly clean install of the latest build of P3D. 

What are your autogen settings? There's more autogen that renders further out, even with comparable settings to V3. So if you've cranked it too high, you might just be completely overloading those 4 cores / 8 threads (got HT enabled or disabled?) and it just starts to queue up a ton of the autogen loading. Though I'd think that would only happen if you traveled fast like in a jet. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Hey jay281,

I discovered the same issue with my V4. Have FTX Global, FTX Europe LC and FTX Germay North installed. It seems that it only occurs if I set the internal framerate limiter to "unlimited". If I set it to 30 or so it seems to be better. Guess the simulator has more time loading this stuff then. Maybe here it makes sense to play a little with FFTF since I do not like setting the internal frame rate limiter. 

@Sethos1988 agreed,  I have tried HT off and On (AM245 follow SteveW advice) still the same conclusion im afraid. My Autogen settings are one or two from max. 

@Rollmopsyeah i have tried that too. I run my monitor refresh rate @75hz and lock my frames at 37, this gives me a smooth experience. I have tried locking internal and external to no provail. Mabe its time to look at the 6 and 8 core offerings from Intel lol! #anyexcuse 

Does sound very weird. Even Rob said you are better off with a fast 4 core / 8 thread than a CPU with more cores and lower IPC, because that high IPC serves the sim much better. So I very much doubt there's anything wrong with that 7700k. Sounds like there may be a setting or some circumstance that's tripping you up. Could probably throw a lot of suggestions out there but ultimately it might just end up being a waste of your time.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

@Sethos1988im thinking of going for the nuclear option....... i just cant for the life of me think what would cause this? Other than poor AM and incorrect use of FFTF leading to over satuaration of the CPU. The one observation i have is that the rendering cores 2 + 3 (HT off) are redlined. Even using an AM of 245 does not fix this. Hmmmmm

Well, that's a good thing. Under V4, it'll use all the additional cores fully to render terrain and autogen. So they will often peak. My 8 core / 16 thread CPU does the same, there's times where every single core is maxed out, especially taking off out of KLAX with OrbX's SoCal, that'll eat up a CPU fast. Though I have my doubts how effective it really is and if it isn't just some job scheduler malarkey.

My personal suggestion would be to download Process Lasso, if you've heard of it. Great tool to manage processes, power profiles, see their CPU affinity etc. set P3D to run "Bitsum Highest Performance" (which also unparks cores, if they are parked) and also check out it's using all your cores. At the same time, as you've messed with your CFG, I'd flat out delete it and let P3D generate a new one for you. Then you are absolutely sure it's running clean, then set up what you need again. Then make sure every single core (enable HT if you're currently on HT off) except core 0's physical and logical, are working when you hit heavy autogen. Core 0 only handles the sim calculations itself, so that may have a different load. As it doesn't multi-thread this load, core 0's logical core won't see much action.

Then you can make sure the sim is running clean, CPU is doing the work it's supposed to and then take it from there. That's what I'd do.

@Sethos1988thanks for the advice, i have used process lasso in the past and went back to running the same type of programme but with a powershell script. (Essentially made sure i isolated core 0) however since this autogen problem i have reverted to using nothing. I clean wiped my CFG before posting. 🤢

Wife, pass the nuclear codes..... 😥