Sign in to follow this  
Jooruts

Center frequency on default ATC not working

Hello guys (copied this text from steamcommunity, no answers there..please help)

Now I bought fsx steam edition after having a unwanted break from fsx in about 6 years, back in the days when I fly IFR, I was used to have the option Request Flight Following when I´m middle of atlantic or flying through Europe or elsewhere. Now I just have the radio contact with ground, tower, approach and departure frequencies. I cannot land IFR, although I filed on my flight plan to do so, how do I fix it and do ATC Centers stopped automatically pop up on ATC window?
I have not downloaded any ATC add ons whatsoever, and when I have Flight Following from different approach frequencies I fly over, they dont say I should go over to another center or approach to continue the Following.

I do get handoffs from tower, ground, approach and departure, but none of them to the Center. So I´can't change my flight plan airborne or request flight following, so I´am all by myself when flying long haul flights.

Can you help? Greetings Joorut

WELCOME! I'm not exactly sure what situation you're trying to describe.

Have you taken off with a filed IFR plan and then cancelled it? Have you cancelled IFR before contacting tower for takeoff? Either of those should give you a flight following option eventually. I've successfully carried out the second option. Once I'd flown out of tower's airspace "frequency change approved" I could ask centre for flight following. Later on I could then "re-load" my IFR plan (don't elect to have you plane moved ;) )and carry on. NOTE I had to make sure to go direct to the next waypoint. Depending upon my position that meant selecting it via the GPS (I don't currently use FMCs - I really should I know!) as I don't have any study-level aircraft to play with.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 9/7/2017 at 5:57 PM, HighBypass said:

WELCOME! I'm not exactly sure what situation you're trying to describe.

Have you taken off with a filed IFR plan and then cancelled it? Have you cancelled IFR before contacting tower for takeoff? Either of those should give you a flight following option eventually. I've successfully carried out the second option. Once I'd flown out of tower's airspace "frequency change approved" I could ask centre for flight following. Later on I could then "re-load" my IFR plan (don't elect to have you plane moved ;) )and carry on. NOTE I had to make sure to go direct to the next waypoint. Depending upon my position that meant selecting it via the GPS (I don't currently use FMCs - I really should I know!) as I don't have any study-level aircraft to play with.

The problem is I never get handoff to Center frequencies whatsoever, I fly a lot of long haul IFR flights, never cancelled the flights too.

Back in the days when I play FSX, I remember that I used to get automated handoffs to center frequencies, but now never.

I tried to tune the radios too, they don't work either.

Hmmm. Scratching my head on this one. Do you have the auto open ATC window option ticked in settings? Does it happen on more than one aircraft?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

13 hours ago, Jooruts said:

Back in the days when I play FSX, I remember that I used to get automated handoffs to center frequencies, but now never.

That's strange as FSX/FSX-SE has not changed whatsoever in regards to ATC.  What was there in 2006 is still here in 2017.  I do know that if you do not respond to ATC Center, Departure, Approach, etc., during a flight the flight plan will be cancelled.  It is also my understanding that FSX does not have any oceanic ATC centers.  I do not play with FSX ATC that much anymore as I mostly use programs like ProATC-X who has a co-pilot who handles my communications.  I use to use Radar Contact too as the FSX ATC wasn't all that realistic and the developers set up an excellent program to provide more realism.  The FSX ATC controllers are changing frequencies way too much because it is a game and they want you to play their silly game.  They also are changing courses a lot and, if you do not keep up with it, they will cancel your flight plan.  I do not like to play such games....

Here is a link that might provide you with more information - https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/627456486337148054/

Best regards,

Jim 

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10