Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

Blurry PFD text

Hello.

Im getting blurry text in the displays. when sitting in the vc as shown below.  When I click the the displays to pop out they are fine.  Look at the fuel in the middle lower screen its all blurry ??? 

Im thinking I have tinkered with one of my ndivia settings someonehow..I have a 980ti.

some help would be great thanks

2017-7-9_22-30-18-194.jpg

14ppkc-6.png

Pete,

It's not just a B747-400 issue. 

The PFD and ND in the VC are blurry in the B777 for P3Dv4 when compared to the popup versions.  I do not recall the VC versions of the B777's PFD and ND being as blurry and difficult to read in the FSX version.  In fact, I began searching the FMS PMDG settings to see if I could change something that would improve the quality of the PFD and ND displays. I was not successful.  The VC PFD is so blurry even at close range, I prefer using the pop out PFD over the VC version.  Doing so distracts from the quality of the product. I hope it does carry over to the NGX when it is released for P3Dv4.

Is it possible that there are some settings in P3Dv4 that are causing this problem?

Also, the brown color of the attitude indicator appears to be way too light.  It is more of a tan color than a brown color, especially when compared side to side with the pop out version.

I'm running an NIVIDIA 960.

You're not alone.

Rich Boll

Wichita, KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Check if you have FXAA turned on, and try turning it off.

40 minutes ago, richjb2 said:

Is it possible that there are some settings in P3Dv4 that are causing this problem?

2 hours ago, tooting said:

Im getting blurry text in the displays. when sitting in the vc as shown below.  When I click the the displays to pop out they are fine.  Look at the fuel in the middle lower screen its all blurry ??? 

Im thinking I have tinkered with one of my ndivia settings someonehow..I have a 980ti.

It is definitely your system and or configuration.  One thing to note about the QOTSII is that the CRTs are modeled to look like CRTs and if the brightness of the display is too high you will get blooming or halos.  The default intensity levels are maximum, much too high for even bright daylight.   I'm not sure, but I don't think the 2D popups do an accurate representation of the CRT... I need to look again at that, I rarely use them.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello.

After Three ntl.dll ctds in 4 flights and a messed up blurry menu bar, and vc I decided to use the GURU video driver uninstaller and uninstalled the new driver and then reinstalled the previous ndivia driver again, then rebuilt the prepar3d.cfg and shaders and tried again.

The issue has gone and I have my crisp displays back again.  Either a hookey new driver or I messed with something.

Topic can I be closed.  Cheers for the help

14ppkc-6.png

Pete,

What shader settings did you adjust to improve your displays?

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

23 hours ago, downscc said:

It is definitely your system and or configuration.  One thing to note about the QOTSII is that the CRTs are modeled to look like CRTs and if the brightness of the display is too high you will get blooming or halos.  The default intensity levels are maximum, much too high for even bright daylight.   I'm not sure, but I don't think the 2D popups do an accurate representation of the CRT... I need to look again at that, I rarely use them.

Dan,

I reduced the brightness of the displays as far down as they would go.  While the resolution did improve at the lowest brightness level, it was still blurry.

I'm away from my computer for a few days (at FSI playing in the real Level D).  When I get back home, I'll start experimenting with other settings. 

I am running the latest NVIDIA driver.  Any known issues with that?

Thanks,

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

3 hours ago, richjb2 said:

While the resolution did improve at the lowest brightness level, it was still blurry.

Notice any other blurries, such as lettering or menu bar?  Try deleting shaders?

I usually fly with CRT brightness at about 40-45% brightness during the day and adjust to suit preference at night.  When I look at the CRTs very close, there is always a slight halo around characters but it is definitely not a blurred character.  I've only had problems with blurry displays when my settings were wrong, such as FXAA turned on.  Keep looking for the right configuration.

Dan Downs KCRP

I was out with a mate last night whose a fellow simmer.  He also had big issues with the new ndivia drivers just released.  He uninstalled and when back one and the sim is ok again.

Ive just done lgw-mco-bfs-man-mco in the 744 with the old drivers and all is back to normal v4 goodness.  I cant recommended enough ditching the new drivers 

14ppkc-6.png

Dan, Kyle, and Pete,

I'm away from my desktop simulator, getting beat up this week in the real Level D simulator.   When I get home this weekend, I will check these three items. 

Dan -- I did try to lower the brightness intensity, but I could not get it to decrease enough to improve the VC PFD and ND displays.  I did not notice any other blurriness in the cockpit lettering.  I will try to make a screen shot with comparison of the VC PFD and the pop out PFD.

I am very new to P3D and have not figured out the optimum settings for my computer, so this could be user error.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

15 hours ago, richjb2 said:

I am very new to P3D and have not figured out the optimum settings for my computer, so this could be user error.

Sure, understand.  I use HDR but the default settings do not work for me.  Reduce those and see how the changes affect both daytime, sunny, overcast and nighttime lighting.  There are major visual differences when the HDR settings are changed.

Dan Downs KCRP

I hate to say this, but have you tried rebooting it? I had a similar issue after updating my nvidia drivers, didn't even think of a reboot at first as it was hours later that I tried to go flying.

Hi,

I am also getting blurry text in VC both 747 and 737.

I am using 382.33 drivers since they available. No NVI settings. Most NV control panel settings are "application controlled", power management "high performance", text quality "high".

Graphic card 1080.

Is there any external settings that can make textures/fonts sharp as in FSX:SE?

Thank you...

XXP3Jj.jpg

bGBEY0.jpg

dGON0r.jpg

5QDn2l.png

Ak1Xgr.png

0BEpLo.png

4MaV8J.png

JlQz6j.png

1 hour ago, Clio172 said:

Hi,

I am also getting blurry text in VC both 747 and 737.

I am using 382.33 drivers since they available. No NVI settings. Most NV control panel settings are "application controlled", power management "high performance", text quality "high".

Graphic card 1080.

Is there any external settings that can make textures/fonts sharp as in FSX:SE?

Thank you...

XXP3Jj.jpg

bGBEY0.jpg

dGON0r.jpg

5QDn2l.png

Ak1Xgr.png

0BEpLo.png

4MaV8J.png

JlQz6j.png

I'm not seeing it? If you're talking about the fact that it's not razor sharp in the zoomed out images then it's because of the zoom level, it's unrealistically zoomed out.