Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Exceeded Activation

Ok, I give. Swapped out a hard drive and now PMDG will not let me activate my product. I get it, piracy protection. So when under "contact us" does not work what do you do??? Logged in and still does not work. It says activation exceeded. Well if I bought it I should be able to active 10000 times. Help?

Chris Chiozza

11 hours ago, DavidP said:

I had a rebuild about a year ago and ran into this issue. They will be very quick and responsive to issue you new codes. This is to protect them from code sharing and everyone offloading their hard work to their friends.

14 hours ago, cchiozza said:

Ok, I give. Swapped out a hard drive and now PMDG will not let me activate my product. I get it, piracy protection. So when under "contact us" does not work what do you do??? Logged in and still does not work. It says activation exceeded. Well if I bought it I should be able to active 10000 times. Help?

Our support function is linked from several places. That's the only place you need to go to get this sorted.

The Intro Manual specifically mentions that this is one of the situations in which you should use the license return function. This would have avoided this issue entirely, providing you with extra activations. I can somewhat understand your frustration, but it's worth mentioning that we've provided you with a way to avoid running out of activations.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry can I ask, do I/we need to deactivate our current V3 licences prior to removing and then downloading the V4 NGX?  

I never knew I had to do this before, and I am sorry to say I am a bad manual reader :)

Rob

1 minute ago, Helix1250 said:

Sorry can I ask, do I/we need to deactivate our current V3 licences prior to removing and then downloading the V4 NGX?  

I never knew I had to do this before, and I am sorry to say I am a bad manual reader :)

Rob

no, as long as your operating system does not change, your registration will be ok.

Many thanks for the reply Ephedrin, I am looking forward to the NGX release, when that maybe. 

Rob

16 hours ago, Helix1250 said:

Nope. As mentioned in the Intro Manual, there are only three cases in which this should be done:

1. Changing computers,
  2. Changing major hardware (HDD/SSD, mobo, processor, etc.)
  3. Reinstalling your entire operating system

Apart from that, or unless we specifically instruct you to do it, don't do it. If you do it enough outside of those circumstances, it'll end up burning through your activations because the system will eventually assume something nefarious is going on.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

nefarious

Oh Kyle, this is the very first time that I see this word. I love the daily language learning, haha. Have a nice day, guys.

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

I had problems with my computer, I bought a new one and then I changed the mother board in the warranty. Although I have unistall the 777 all the times, I could not install the key anymore and when I asked the support to reactivate the key, I had the request denied.
Sorry for my bad English.