Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

Twin Otter by Eric Dantes

yes he uses dantes airfile with everything else lago, if im not mistaken.Anyone know of the best place to find some repaints? Im looking for era and a few others.

Funny, because after looking at som reallife pictures of the Twotter I decided to put the s/o gauges back in place, so he can fly while I sleep ;).So I made a modern nav rack in the middle instead.Are you using FS Panel Studio and Photoshop? In that case it's very easy

Eagle,No Im not using panel studio, but if you could tell me what I should replace to get the weather radar in the center, that would be awesome.Thanks

Unfortunately it's not that easy. First, I don't have the weather radar, so I don't know the code. Second, you have to decide how to organize things. I chose to throw out the old nav2 and com2, cause I don't use them much, and I can tune in from the gps. Also I inserted Reality XP sound panel and transponder. With the RG radios at the bottom I filled up the whole rack so that the bitmap was covered by the gauges.Solution 1 (recomended): Get FS Panel Studio and make life easier (very handy tool when you want to place that weather radar somewhere).Solution 2: Use my edited panel.cfg and try to replace that gps with your radar. But then you have to own Sandel EHSI and Flightline T to make it work ...Eagle

Guest Vilk

sigh, i guess it means we've given up... let's hope eric comes back one of these days and fixes this duckling. for now she's back on the hanger (and in the hangar--note to self: use different prepositions with these two :-))thanks everyone, thanks johnvilk

Guest Coneman

Speaking of the Dantes Otter, that new upload on the front page looks a little familiar....Todd

Whenever you find a file you know is claimed as an "Original Aircraft" with no credit given to the real author, please take a moment to alert the file libraty managers. They are very good about pulling such "effort". While many times the motives are innocent, often "authors" are just trying to seek their fifteen minutes of fame and shouldn't be allowed that on the back of someone else's sweat and love for this hobby.-John

Hi,I have great respect for all that goes on here at AVSIM, but once when I pointed out that an ATR file was on here without credit, I was told to email the original author and they couldn't do anything about it. I didn't think that was right.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

"I have great respect for all that goes on here at AVSIM, but once when I pointed out that an ATR file was on here without credit, I was told to email the original author and they couldn't do anything about it. I didn't think that was right."I don't know who told you that--the library staff has always pulled files that I have brought to their attention and have been grateful in their response for my pointing the file out.-John