Sign in to follow this  
Peterom

777 Panel Click Spots

I just upgraded the 777 software for FSX. My original attempt to upgrade did not work (I used "repair" to upgrade the software).  Since that didn't work, I deleted the software using the PMDG software I downloaded. I then reinstalled the 777. That worked, but when I loaded the 777 into FSX, the click spots on the panel did not work. My input from my yoke and throttles did work as expected. I am running FSX under Windows 10.  Any suggestions?

14 minutes ago, Peterom said:

I just upgraded the 777 software for FSX. My original attempt to upgrade did not work (I used "repair" to upgrade the software).  Since that didn't work, I deleted the software using the PMDG software I downloaded. I then reinstalled the 777. That worked, but when I loaded the 777 into FSX, the click spots on the panel did not work. My input from my yoke and throttles did work as expected. I am running FSX under Windows 10.  Any suggestions?

Hi Peter,

When you upgraded, did you download the latest installer from your PMDG account? Does the operations centre say you're up to date?

Yes, I downloaded the installer from my PMDG account before trying the install.  The operation center indicates I am up to date.  Should I try to use the "repair" option on the installer?  As an FYI, I used the same process with the 747 update and everything seems to work as expected. 

Try running the installer with your antivirus completely switched off. When I tried to install the latest update the AV software I use was interfering with the installation. 

7 hours ago, Peterom said:

I seem to get the same results with the antivirus switched off.  

What AV are you using?

3 hours ago, Peterom said:

Symantic

I'd uninstall the antivirus completely and give it another try. Symantec is Norton which is known to not really disable when you disable it (In all honesty you'd be better ditching it altogether and just using the Windows Defender or something like Bitdefender).

If that doesn't work, have a look at your mouse drivers. See if there are any updates for your mouse and if not, try reinstalling the drivers.