Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Holger and Jonathan's LOD 10 Alpine Mesh

Ah great pics! Been there in real life multiple times. Didn't have the privilege to fly but wow...UT Europe even shows the Jungfraubahn! Amazing!

Hi,I got around to installing this European Alpine mesh today and I have to say this has been a high category WOW! experience for me :)Some years ago my family and I had a wonderful holiday in the Bernese Oberland in Switzerland. We stayed at Wengen and travelled all over the place by rail from Interlaken. Suffice it to say that the scenery left an indelible impression on my memory and one day I am determined to relive the experience.There have been many mesh offerings covering this area, but none have quite captured/recreated what I remember seeing all those years ago. Now, at last, this has been remedied. The Eiger, Jungfrau and Junfraujoch appear in the sim about as close to reality as my various photographs taken at the time remind me. My only slight regret is the absence of the Aletsch glacier, but the valley in which it resides is accurately portrayed.To enjoy this scenery to the full I would recommend enabling Roads and Rivers of Europe as it adds some worthwhile detail around the shorelines of the numerous Swiss lakes and also the road network throughout the country speaks for itself.However, to avoid seeing double shorelines and the default rivers I found I had to disable a few files by moving them out of the SceneryEurwScenery folder.I suggest you create a folder called temp_hold_for_Switzerland (R&ROE) and move the following files into it:HL949150.bglHL950150.bglHP949150.bglHP950150.bglST949150.bglST950150.bglHolger Sandmann and Jonathan de Ferranti have my heart felt thanks for this superb release. This sim never ceases to amaze me!Mike

Hi all,the first update for our Alps mesh is now available in the Avsim library: alps_up1.zipIt takes care of the ugly spike near Salzburg and adds a couple of peaks in the French Alps near Grenoble.Cheers, Holger