Sign in to follow this  
colfmedion

OOMS

Never seen it before but appears your controller drivers are out-of-date - https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2063346

This is why I say one has to update their SATA controller drivers.  They get buggy and the find fixes for the bugs.  I use Driver Booster.

Checking Google, it appears this issue has a lot of different fixes so the above suggestion may not fix it.  I would also do a system file check that looks for corrupted or missing system files.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Checked all controllers and one was updated via Windows, this is despite fact that I too regularly run Driver Booster, but Hey! It's a computer!! I then did the same flight as previous and only got about 20 minutes before OOMS. i regularly run all manner of checks in a vain attempt to keep things up to date and under control.

Because the only thing that doesn't appear to be working properly (PC Case Reset Button) I have going to strip PC down clean and check what I can and then see what happens. The most annoying thing with all of this is that I have not add, taken away nor changed anything since FSX was working perfectly.

Get that PC up on the bench and get the hammer out!!!

Watch this space.

Regards

Colin

Hi,

Stripped PC down and tried all bits in another PC and nothing untoward other than an Optical drive has decided to pack it in on this PC but works fine on another PC. Anyway, rebuilt but left out that Optical Drive, a HDD and an SSD. all of which check out fine using various tests and all of which work fine in another PC. I now have Windows on its original SSD and FSX on a different SSD and Program Files etc, an a HDD. I am being very circumspect about what I load when running FSX but I always have been. However, I am pleased to say that to date I have not seen OOMS despited sitting at UK Scenery Heathrow for 15 minutes after a flight from UK Scenery Bristol which usually takes about 25 minutes. So basically the only thing that has changed is that I have left out a small HDD and one Optical drive both of which check out okay but I will run further checks to see if they were causing a probem.

If I do ever find the cause I will post.

Thanks to all for advice.

Colin

Drivers for hardware are usually the suspect for crashes but then we have discussed that.  Thanks though for the update!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10