Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

And, off we go to New Zealand...

Stunning! and your FPS isn't in the tank either. This would crush P3D methinks.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Stunning! and your FPS isn't in the tank either. This would crush P3D methinks.

It's fantastic Slayer...and I only went to NZTG, because I had a block of four finished tiles in that area.  I then went over to Bilbao, Spain, as I hadn't really flown there, since fully generating. Catch those as well...very beautiful!  I have a quite old CPU (first gen i7-975 Extreme running at 4.3 Ghz, air-cooled) running an EVGA FTW1070, with the sim maxed out...and am very  happy with the results.  No pressure to upgrade my M.B. and CPU at all, quite frankly, not for what I wish to see. 

Thanks for viewing!

Mitch

BTW, before I go...dinner, chores...whatever, lol

Here's just a shoot over, to Bilbao, Spain from my finished Spain series: If this does not convince a simmer to get in on this...I just don't know what will..:)  Cheers!

Oh, and these were cut in res, to sneak in under the Host Site.  If you were standing over my shoulder...your eyes would pop out of your head!  I've put mine back in a few times already, LOL! I run my monitor just slightly under 4K. Left-click twice inside any grab, once for each other size that comes up...you need to left click again on the middle size to bring up the full screen, and to bring it up to full screen detail. Even these smaller screens don't show the depth of field, like the largest one does...highly recommended to do.

Cessna_172_SP_53.png

Cessna_172_SP_54.png

Cessna_172_SP_55.png

Cessna_172_SP_56.png

Cessna_172_SP_57.png

Mitch .....

I was about to comment on another post, from the very talented antwob, about how misunderstood the scope of the XP Scenery World is..... and then I saw these screenshots of yours.

If anyone was ever in any doubt about the irrelevance of a certain a.n.other scenery developer coming to XP then these shots most certainly prove the point. 

Give me free Real-World over expensive Cartoon-Land every day of the week. :biggrin:

53 minutes ago, J.L.Seagull said:

Mitch .....

I was about to comment on another post, from the very talented antwob, about how misunderstood the scope of the XP Scenery World is..... and then I saw these screenshots of yours.

If anyone was ever in any doubt about the irrelevance of a certain a.n.other scenery developer coming to XP then these shots most certainly prove the point. 

Give me free Real-World over expensive Cartoon-Land every day of the week. :biggrin:

Ok...David, you are addressing the hippo sitting in the living room wearing the tui-tui...  You are a brave man, sir!...LOL

Yes...as I flew over my zl17/19/2 Bilbao, Spain this afternoon, fully generated, and a few of my New Zealand tiles around NZTG, I thought the EXACT same thing, as you put to print.  I know why, the reason that company has no intent to develop here. Nobody would buy it at $40.00's and up....when you can generate THIS for free..and oh...want to go two zl's higher in detail then I even have here?.....it's YOUR decision, and yes you can...you can render your scenery any which way you want....total control.

Oh, and one very important point....not only free, but I have the ENTIRE country of gorgeous Spain, with excellence as this, captured in every tile that covers the country. You can NOT even get the choice to purchase that from the company that shall remain nameless. Only the airport of LEBB and some km's surrounding it will be offered soon, as still pre-release.  I have the entire COUNTRY, surrounding Bilbao! :) It is not synthetic textures over land-class. If there's a farm, and farmer in the field, tending his/her grapes...it is there in my satellite-to-XP conversion. 

BTW, that nameless company is a great company...has put out fabulous stuff, but having said that....I have been converted to real-world orthography, and can't see my way back to synthetic representation. If there is a house there...a field there...a tree-line or forested area there... I want to see the real deal. Since Ortho4XP diving...I do...with each and every flight....whether over Michigan, U.S.A, or whipping across the ocean to Bilbao, Spain....everything is as it is...if I were to go there, to that house upon the mountain....and enjoy that view, until they threw me off of the property...:bengong:

On one of my shots, I thought about that single house that is gotten to at Bilbao, by a zig-zag'in road...and as I flew over that...thought to myself...wow..that house is REALLY there...and what kind of view of the ocean does the occupants enjoy every morning they wake up. My Gawd!  I can only imagine what that real property is worth?!?!?!?!?   It's the second shot of my sneaky Bilbao shots in my New Zealand thread, lol.

Yep...I concur with you...but didn't have the guts to print it....LOL. Are you wearing flame-retardant materials this evening?   LOL!

Better put them on....ROTFLMBO!:biggrin:

Cheers,

Superb scenery Mitch, I envy the amount of storage you have and speed you can create orthos. A single ZL17 tile can take my machine about 3hrs to generate on a good day :)

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

Superb scenery Mitch, I envy the amount of storage you have and speed you can create orthos. A single ZL17 tile can take my machine about 3hrs to generate on a good day :)

3 hours?!?!?!?  Wow.

I guess that I am doing alright, then. For my normal zl17/19/2, about 3 tiles per hour upon North America, and 2.5 per hour for Europe.  I'm about half-way done for all of New Zealand this morning, have another 28 tiles to generate out of the 62 or so to start the project, then cover, and to put to bed both islands. :)

I'm eyeing Tasmania as well...while I'm in the neighborhood, lol.

Spain is looking real good...and can't wait just to toddle down the coast from Bilbao, to start exploring.  I have to take some shoots for Jcomm, in Portugal,  and will do that as soon as I finish up generating New Zealand. About the storage, that was added when I decided how seriously 'in' I was for Ortho4XP.  I had the 5,4, and 2's TB's...but added the four 8TB's after my hard decision to go full-out ortho for XP11.

Cheers,

Mitch'er

Welcome to Christchurch, New Zealand!

The whole country is tiled at ARC zl17/19/2,...and I'm off to explore! :)

Cheers,

Cessna_172_SP_74.png

Cessna_172_SP_75.png

Cessna_172_SP_73.png

Cessna_172_SP_71.png

Cessna_172_SP_72.png

Cessna_172_SP_68.png

Cessna_172_SP_69.png

Cessna_172_SP_67.png

• Upvote 1

Lovely Mitch, checkout Iceland too.

Cheers

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Great shots Mitch. Try NZMF if you have it :-). 

Thanks guys...and will, Tony, actually right now, as soon as I post this.  Having an absolute BLAST!

Thanks for all the encouragement, from everybody!  Very much appreciate it!

BTW, It was 39 F, at Milford Sound this morning...AND SNOWING, via xEnviro.  Here we are in Michigan, having a humid, thunder-storm with possibly damaging 60 MPH winds today, and at Milford...SNOW...

We forget that parts of the world are 180 degrees opposed to our Summer months!  I always think, countries around/near Australia is/are a cooker...and I froze my butt off, at Milford Sound and Christchurch today...LOL!

Great fun...

Ortho-Mitch

4 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Lovely Mitch, checkout Iceland too.

Cheers

Iceland?  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........LOL!   Will do!

Cheers,

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Great shots Mitch. Try NZMF if you have it :-). 

Here you go, Tony...NZMF, xEnviro live...and sleet!

Left-click once on each larger screenshot to go full size.  Always, detail hidden in the larger view... :)

Oh joy...LOL

Now for to taxi...

panthera_1.png

panthera_2.png

• Upvote 1

"Wait a minute!  xEnviro probably heard me b*tch...and as soon as I got back to XP...found some great sunlight...and the sky cleared up...thank you xEnviro...thanks for playing nice today...!"

panthera_10.png

panthera_4.png

panthera_5.png

panthera_6.png

panthera_7.png

panthera_8.png

panthera_9.png

panthera_3.png

....and rotation toward's the Sound...bliss!

"Hi, my name is Mitch, and I'm an Ortho4XP addict..."  There...I said it...and I'm NOT looking to recover...just sayin'..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

panthera_11.png

panthera_12.png

panthera_13.png

panthera_14.png

panthera_15.png