Sign in to follow this  
Guest hausding

control sensitivity

Someone posted a few days ago a setting to add to the controls section of FS.CFG that seemed to make the sensitivity work better. Anyone remember seeing it? I can't find it. I think that something was set to zero but am not sure. Maybe someone could check in their CFG and see if something is set to zero. TKXJimCYWG

Guest Douglas K

Apparently, if you add this line to the FS9.cfg file in the {Controls} section:stick_sensitivity_mode=0it will tame things a bit.I haven

Right on Doug. I am writing down the info as we speak. It did seem to make a difference. Appreciate it.JimCYWG

Guest Roadkill

I seem to be forever monkeying with the settings to get even a little improvement over the default. I tried entering the line in the [CONTROLS] section of FS9.cfg. I found that the stick effect was indeed dampened and some of the twitchiness was gone from my flight response. However, my normally aerobatic planes were now incapable of any of the maneuvers that made them special. When I changed the value from 0 to 1, I was back to where I was before even inserting the line. Hey! Just one person's experience, but I ended up just deleting the line and going back to default.

Bob,You could do what I've done and make two separate configs, one for aerobatics and one for other aircraft. If you don't know how, here's what you do:1. Make a copy of your FS9.exe file. rename it "FS9aero.exe" (or whatever you prefer. Place a shortcut to this .exe next to your normal FS9 shortcut. 2. Make a copy of your FS9.cfg file. Rename it to FS9aero.cfg. Change the "stick sensitivity" line back to =1 (leave your normal FS9.cfg stick sensetivity setting to =0). Now whenever you want to fly the aerobatic stuff with the sensitive setting just start FS via the "FS9aero" shortcut. Simple as that. You can do a shortcut like this for all kinds of different stuff like graphics settings, key mappings, etc.cheers.Ryan

I've looked a gazillion times and can't find the line--'stick_sensitivity_mode=0'In fact I can't find the [Controls] sectionAm I just blind? Probably.I've even gone through the fs9.cfg and seperated out all the [ ] sections--still don't see [controls] ?Am I just looking on the wrong place?

Hi,If I understand your question, you have to add the line to the FS9.cfg file. In the FS9.cfg under [CONTROLS]add: stick_sensitivity_mode=0Hope this helps.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Sorry, there should have been the word CONTROLS in the above message.I had it bracketed so it might not get through. Anyway you add the line under the heading CONTROLS.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi Bill,I understand about the [controls] section,. But-- I really still don't see a CONTROLS section.. I've looked again several times, even put spaces between each [bracketed] section..... Don't see it. ?

In the FSUIPC User Guide Peter Dowson under the joystick handling and calibration area he explains the rationale for this amendment to your FS9.cfgGary

Guest A32X

Just tried it and pitch feels great however I've got hardly any aileron control.

Guest hausding

add this line to the FS9.cfg file in the{Controls} section:stick_sensitivity_mode=0Douglas------------Okay, I'm sitting here with my installation disk in the left hand and the right is on the mouse..........now what. I'm a down right newbie, but have experienced way too sensitive control and lag on the control stick. This might be my salvation, but now, what do I do with this information? I do know how to turn the computer on...........sometimes.SidAlpena, MiAbsolute, brand new, sub-novice at simming