Sign in to follow this  
leesteventon

Request for aircraft to be considered.

It would be lovely if you could go into business aircraft.

I would really love a good, PMDG top quality Embraer Phenom 300, Legacy 450 and Legacy 500.

It would be great if you could consider these for future development.

Five, four three, two, one......and begin!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, leesteventon said:

It would be lovely if you could go into business aircraft.

I would really love a good, PMDG top quality Embraer Phenom 300, Legacy 450 and Legacy 500.

It would be great if you could consider these for future development.

although a business jet would be nice. I don't think a business jet would be a commercial success. 

P.S Full names in the forum

2 minutes ago, HAmmer32261 said:

It never ends 

Indeed. Although I believe that their is no harm in asking, I doubt we would sway PMDG roadmap as they are more knowledgeable than us and know what would sell

There's that, and also they've basically already figured out what they plan on doing, even before any of us are aware of it. By the time we hear of it, it's already been in development for quite a while.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

There is no harm in people posting these requests really, even if it doesn't matter in PMDG's plans, and maybe we don't need a million different posts. But if they annoy you, simply ignore it and don't read the post, it's that simple.

• Upvote 4

Well, I didn't think there was harm in asking either but some people just can't resist the urge for sarcasm and put downs.

• Upvote 5

I agree with Lee.  It makes you hesitate to comment or ask questions due to those who appear to delight in "sarcasm and put downs".

Franklin Duncan

• Upvote 2

Franklin Duncan

The harm isn't so much in asking, it is the million and one opinions and vitriolic comments some people give.  Anyone that has ever followed PMDG for long knows that RSR pretty much has a plan for the next plane and the one after it in mind for several years out.  PMDG once followed their hearts and user comments and the MD-11 was born, but it was not even close to a commercial success. (to many, they absolutely love the MD-11 and they are a passionate group)  RSR in an interview mentioned it was an extremely hard lesson to learn for them as a company.  PMDG is more than an entertainment company making add-ons for the FS community, they do a lot on the commercial side and I believe this is what drives their road-map of future projects.

So the OP has a desire that PMDG do certain A/C, I have expressed my desires a million times to Mr. Randazzo.  He listens but at the same time he needs a business case to justify the investment.  Thus I think why the PMDG Classics line has appeared, it is a second dev team working on some of the great aircraft of the past.  I would love to see a 727 or DC-3; the DC-6 is awesome and really hard to fly but it teaches you respect for pilots of a long ago era.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, leesteventon said:

Well, I didn't think there was harm in asking either but some people just can't resist the urge for sarcasm and put downs.

No sarcasm intended, I was just stating facts. It's one thing to speculate what a company might do. It's an entirely different situation to put in an actual request. I don't know of too many aircraft developers who take requests, especially considering the amount of time it takes to make one in the first place.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Seriously though, why can't PMDG just make the entire Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, Bombardier and Gulfstream fleets past and present. That would be flight simming heaven!!!! Can they just hold a massive recruitment drive and go nuts?!

Edit: Not actually sarcasm

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

Seriously though, why can't PMDG just make the entire Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, Bombardier and Gulfstream fleets past and present. That would be flight simming heaven!!!! Can they just hold a massive recruitment drive and go nuts?!

Because they haven't accrued the necessary funds to defend against the onslaught of lawsuits related to head explosions.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

For one, they'd either need to hire a lot of people to develop them or it would take a really long time to do all of that, and most of us would probably be dead before they were finished. Also, with the amount of data they get from Boeing, I'm not sure if either Airbus would cooperate and/or Boeing would like that very much.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

9 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

For one, they'd either need to hire a lot of people to develop them or it would take a really long time to do all of that, and most of us would probably be dead before they were finished. Also, with the amount of data they get from Boeing, I'm not sure if either Airbus would cooperate and/or Boeing would like that very much.

Guess that means no PMDG A380 then :mellow: