Sign in to follow this  
leesteventon

Request for aircraft to be considered.

21 minutes ago, Physics70 said:

1. Concord

2.  A340

3. CRJ-700

4. 757, 767, 787

1. Not commonly used anymore and doubt it would sell too well. Had a good model out there already.

2. Not manufactured by Airbus anymore and not used globally much as it was a fuel guzzler.

3. Aerosoft is making a CRJ. Doubt PMDG would see it as a good idea to compete directly as it would impact sales. They also resell through Aerosoft so would impact relationship.

4. 757 is being done by Level-D, 767 a maybe but is dated. 787 is being done by QualityWings

I think it is obvious that PMDG have a plan and outlook as to what they will be working on. They likely are already working on such a project. We must understand that no amount of suggestions or pleading will change their plans. They are a company and need to turn a profit, not satisfy someone’s wishes.

Oliver Cooksey

Well we do know the following:

1) DC-6 coming to P3D/FSX

2) 748 expansion coming

3) NGX to P3Dv4

Obviously 3 is almost done and dusted from what we've seen but we don't know the status of the other 2, so these could be the main focus for the foreseeable future, possibly even through to next year. We know there's a secret project (Kyle's woodpigeon) going on as well so I'm guessing once the DC-6 and 748 are out, we'll get a peak at what's to come after.

They've got to finish their DC-8 first before they would consider your request lol. Actually in all seriousness, I think a DC-8 is a slim possibility from PMDG, for a few reasons, so whilst we've got one of these 'can you make this' threads going (not that there's ever a shortage of those on Avsim lol), here we go for some good old wild arse speculation about potential projects...

We know the PMDG boss likes old stuff such as the DC3 (which is another possibility) and DC-6 (already done), so there is at least some evidence of a preference or at least familiarity with older Douglas commercial aircraft. Despite its age, there are some still DC-8s flying commercially - four to be exact, all of which are DC-8 60/70 variants with turbofan engines - so it's certainly not impossible to gain access to one which is operational.

Admittedly it might be a bit of a trek to do so - all the way to either the United Arab Emirates or Central Africa if you wanted to catch them at their bases - since operator CFS is based in the UAE and operator TAC is based in the Democratic Republic of Congo. But, PMDG do have people as contractors working all over the place, and those operational DC-8s do get around the globe a bit, so it is not inconceivable. So yes it might be a trek to get to where one is, but that is at the end of the day merely a plane ride and a few phone calls away to arrange, so you could do some audio recording without too much trouble; taking pics and measurements a developing a VC could be done with a static display aeroplane (two of which are available in the US, with several others in other countries). After all, that's what A2A and AH did when making their Constellations, since there were no flying examples available. Oh, there is another DC-8 60 operational too, but since the operator is NASA, it's unlikely you'd be able to nosey around that thing.

There have been two DC-8s created for FS in the past - by AeroSim and Aeroplane Heaven - both of which proved popular with flight simmers in spite of not being super-detailed, but there's never been a full on 'study sim' of one done. There is a pretty good one for XPlane too. As far as classics such as the DC-8 are concerned, there is a bit of an 'if we build it, they will come' vibe with PMDG, as evidenced by a couple of more obscure/outside chance aeroplanes which they have made in the past, i.e. the BAe Jetstream and the DC-6. Before they made those two, would you have bet on them as being choices for development, were it not for the fact that the PMDG boss knew them both well and liked them? So yeah, possibly a DC-8 or (probably a bit more likely) a DC-3, is my guess at some point.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

, there is a bit of an 'if we build it, they will come' vibe with PMDG, as evidenced by a couple of more obscure/outside chance aeroplanes which they have made in the past, i.e. the BAe Jetstream and the DC-6. Before they made those two, would you have bet on them as being choices for development, were it not for the fact that the PMDG boss knew them both well and liked them? So yeah, possibly a DC-8 or (probably a bit more likely) a DC-3, is my guess at some point.

Think you're forgetting that both the DC-6 and Jetstream were done as development aircraft, not as sales aircraft. Jetstream was the first of the platform for what became the NGX, 777 and 747. DC-6 was the basis of any future X-Plane development. Neither were done to sell in big numbers (like the 747, 777, NGX). In my opinion, I don't think PMDG will do it because I don't think there would be the sales numbers. As much as I'm hoping for an A380 or 787 from them, I have a feeling it's going to be a 757 or 767 (which I will still buy). 

Nah, not forgetting anything really, it was just some fun wild arse speculation. It was in no way intended to be a 'this is what will definitely happen' post lol

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

12 hours ago, leesteventon said:

Well, I didn't think there was harm in asking either but some people just can't resist the urge for sarcasm and put downs.

Personally I don't think anyone was being sarcastic or putting anyone down, just being realistic, and no-one said that it wasn't ok asking for an aircraft to be considered. As Kevin said PMDG know what they are doing years in advance. I said in another forum that it would be great if every aircraft past and present are developed at PMDG standard, however that will never happen, so companies like PMDG have to choose an aircraft that would be successful in term of sales, as even though flight simulation is mainly a hobby, they are like any other company and want to make a profit.

6 hours ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

1. Not commonly used anymore and doubt it would sell too well. Had a good model out there already.

2. Not manufactured by Airbus anymore and not used globally much as it was a fuel guzzler.

3. Aerosoft is making a CRJ. Doubt PMDG would see it as a good idea to compete directly as it would impact sales. They also resell through Aerosoft so would impact relationship.

4. 757 is being done by Level-D, 767 a maybe but is dated. 787 is being done by QualityWings

According to this logic we will never see another aircraft by PMDG :happy:

MSI Tomahawk B550, Ryzen 5800X3D, Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC, LG Ultragear 27GP850P, 32GB DDR4 RAM, ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280