Sign in to follow this  
Stephane Leduc

P3D v4 Doesent Start at all

Hi everyone

i already made a Post about my problem, and it ended in a refund. after a while i said to myself that i would like to try it one more time, and so i buyed P3d v4 again.

My Problem:
When i start P3D the splash screen comes up and i see the loading bar (sometimes) loading scenery and other stuff. P3D is also visible in the Task Manager at that moment. After about 10 Seconds the screen dissapears and P3D also dissapears from the Task manager without any warning. 

i tried

- Multiple reinstalls (even new downloads and hash verfication of the entire P3D file).
- Repairs with the P3d Setup programm
- unplugging all usb devices
- checking that i have net.framework and all graphics and windows drivers up to date
- everything thats on the debugging thread.
- deleting cfg. file and others.

as you can see this is going to be pretty tricky. at the moment the P3d is freshly installed an untouched so im ready for your advices.

My System:

Nvidia GTX1070,Intel I7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, Win 10 64bit

thanks in advance and greetings from switzerland

Stephane

First try running as Administrator, just to get that out of the way - then

If this is a CLEAN install with NO addons then it must be something else on your system. Try doing a clean boot

and see if it runs.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/41804-perform-clean-boot-windows-10-troubleshoot-software-conflicts.html

If it does then selectively enable/disable all your non critical running processes  one at a time and retry.

Also, are there any messages in the event viewer about what might have caused the crash?

Until you get it to load do not make any changes to the p3d.cfg file or add any other software.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

35 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

First try running as Administrator, just to get that out of the way - then

If this is a CLEAN install with NO addons then it must be something else on your system. Try doing a clean boot

and see if it runs.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/41804-perform-clean-boot-windows-10-troubleshoot-software-conflicts.html

If it does then selectively enable/disable all your non critical running processes  one at a time and retry.

Also, are there any messages in the event viewer about what might have caused the crash?

Until you get it to load do not make any changes to the p3d.cfg file or add any other software.

Vic

thanks Vic ! 

i will try the clean boot tommorrow as it is pretty late in switzerland... when i start P3D i get these errors in the event viewer.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7300
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000155d1
Faulting process id: 0x1814
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f9ca45b3bd13
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\api.dll
Report Id: 7b60e650-448c-4f7d-afdc-a9a775efdb73
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

i dont know if this one is related, its a second error (not application fault like above) that seems to occur when i start P3D:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {9AA46009-3CE0-458A-A354-715610A075E6} as Nicht verfügbar/Nicht verfügbar. The error:
"740"
Happened while starting this command:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,SHCreateLocalServerRunDll {9aa46009-3ce0-458a-a354-715610a075e6} -Embedding

No, you can ignore the DCOM message. The api.dll usually means something with the USB system. Another thing you might try - see if there are any updated USB drivers for your system online. Download and install them. possibly prior to that you might just go into device manager and uninstall all your usb devices. Shut down and restart and et windows reinstall them.  See if that helps.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

No, you can ignore the DCOM message. The api.dll usually means something with the USB system. Another thing you might try - see if there are any updated USB drivers for your system online. Download and install them. possibly prior to that you might just go into device manager and uninstall all your usb devices. Shut down and restart and et windows reinstall them.  See if that helps.

Vic

thanks, i hope that we are getting closer ! I will have to go to work now, so i will try most of the things you mentioned later...one thing i did try, was to unplugg all USB devices when my Computer was turned off. Then i restartet with nothig attached... and somehow P3D took much longer to get to the loading bar on the splash screen. I did get the same error, but maybe this menas something. the whole time until it crashed was like 10 times longer than usually.

thanks

Stephane 

When all else fails I reinstall windows and start fresh! FYI Lockheed Martin will not refund you a second time. The refund policy is limited to 1 refund only.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

2 hours ago, YukonPete said:

When all else fails I reinstall windows and start fresh! FYI Lockheed Martin will not refund you a second time. The refund policy is limited to 1 refund only.

if really nothing goes i will do that, but for now i wanna try some more. I am aware of the refund policy.. but i said to myself that i will anyway want to use p3d if not on dis computer then on another so im ok with that.

You WILL get it sorted. Just a process of elimination and very frustrating.

Vic

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

You WILL get it sorted. Just a process of elimination and very frustrating.

Vic

frustrating it is... i can assure you :) 

Ok so i did a clean boot and the error is still the exact same.. :(

17 hours ago, vgbaron said:

see if there are any updated USB drivers for your system online. 

Vic, You could be onto something here with the USB drivers alright,  This specific error api.dll did cause an Issue on the first launch of v4 with USB controls

The below link is a reference history for Stephane's Issue with another link to the first Topic 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125826&p=162872#p162872

4 minutes ago, Stephane Leduc said:

Ok so i did a clean boot and the error is still the exact same.. :(

Stephane's,  did you try Vic's suggestion of Manually updating your USB drivers ?   Also did you try my last suggestion  (As a process of elimination)  ? 

1 hour ago, Poppet said:

Vic, You could be onto something here with the USB drivers alright,  This specific error api.dll did cause an Issue on the first launch of v4 with USB controls

The below link is a reference history for Stephane's Issue with another link to the first Topic 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125826&p=162872#p162872

Stephane's,  did you try Vic's suggestion of Manually updating your USB drivers ?   Also did you try my last suggestion  (As a process of elimination)  ? 

Hi Poppet, 

the things i did without success

- Create new User Account with admin rights

- Downloaded the latest USB driver and found out that i already have it, so i just clicked on "repair".

thanks

Listen brother.  do what they tell you. You need to start from scratch.  Not just creating another account on the Pc.  From scratch.  That means getting a windows cd or a USB stick and formatting your PC.  Back up what you have on the PC and wipe the pc start again.

Do you mind doing that?? It means wiping the pc.

A simple yes or no answer will do here

14ppkc-6.png

9 minutes ago, tooting said:

Listen brother.  do what they tell you. You need to start from scratch.  Not just creating another account on the Pc.  From scratch.  That means getting a windows cd or a USB stick and formatting your PC.  Back up what you have on the PC and wipe the pc start again.

Do you mind doing that?? It means wiping the pc.

A simple yes or no answer will do here

actually this is not what they told me.. i think im doing exactly as ive been told. Poppet told me to create a new account on the P3D forums, thats why i did it. A fresh windows install will only be my last option.

Same thing just started happening to me as well. I did a complete wipe of the install, and it started back up again. I am assuming there is an addon compatibility issue, which is odd because I am only using official v4 installers. Very frustrating. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

New ndivia drivers??  

Do you have v3 on your pc aswell?

4 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

Same thing just started happening to me as well. I did a complete wipe of the install, and it started back up again. I am assuming there is an addon compatibility issue, which is odd because I am only using official v4 installers. Very frustrating. 

14ppkc-6.png