Sign in to follow this  
Chris97

665 ground speed possible with the 77W?

Fastest I've seen in person on a narrowbody. A320 over land, can't compete with the big boys transpacific/Atlantic ofcourse.

2qdpq9l.jpg

David Andrew

I love how crisp your real life screen is David, and those aircraft symbols and the call signs and the headings:ohmy: Be great if we could get that modeled somehow.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

9 hours ago, beachdog2001 said:

I love how crisp your real life screen is David, and those aircraft symbols and the call signs and the headings:ohmy: Be great if we could get that modeled somehow.

You're spot on, the other big difference I find is the smoothness at which the real displays update and move as the aircraft does. 

And the aircraft information is a fanatastic piece of kit, we can actually go into a page on the MCDU and select an aircraft and get all its info, heading, altitude, relative bearing, groundspeed etc. We also have a selector knob next to the screen brightness knobs where we can select a specific aircraft on the ND and highlight it to bring up its detailed information. It's one of those optional extras that really helps with situational awareness especially in busy terminal airspaces. 

David Andrew

3 hours ago, VS0 said:

You're spot on, the other big difference I find is the smoothness at which the real displays update and move as the aircraft does. 

And the aircraft information is a fanatastic piece of kit, we can actually go into a page on the MCDU and select an aircraft and get all its info, heading, altitude, relative bearing, groundspeed etc. We also have a selector knob next to the screen brightness knobs where we can select a specific aircraft on the ND and highlight it to bring up its detailed information. It's one of those optional extras that really helps with situational awareness especially in busy terminal airspaces. 

David Andrew

Very nice TCAS display. 

I was told to expect the same feature to be available on the upcoming 777X.

The option was available with the A350 as well but the company apparently thought that option was too expensive to be ordered with the A350. 

Would be cool to integrate with UT2 and VATSIM.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

On 12/07/2017 at 3:21 PM, Driverab330 said:

Very nice TCAS display. 

I was told to expect the same feature to be available on the upcoming 777X.

The option was available with the A350 as well but the company apparently thought that option was too expensive to be ordered with the A350. 

We do have this feature on our a350s which I was glad to see after just transferring from the smaller bus. 

2 hours ago, VS0 said:

We do have this feature on our a350s which I was glad to see after just transferring from the smaller bus. 

How nice. I reckon it is indeed a very useful feature to improve situational awareness in a busy airspace. It is just much easier to know which airplane you are following. 

Sadly my airline doesn't see it that way. :huh:

Hello,

Here is a new amazing ground speed with the 777-300ER performing a flight from VHHH to KSFO.

Is 703 GS a new record with a PMDG 777-300ER? But overall... GS 703 is crazy :D

Routing was:

OCEAN V3 ENVAR M750 BUNGU Y81 SYOYU Y809 SPEAR Y808 ONION OTR5 ADNAP OTR7 EMRON 4100N/16000E 4300N/17000E 4500N/18000E 4700N/17000W 4900N/16000W 4900N/15000W 4600N/14000W 4200N/13000W VESPA AMAKR BDEGA2

2017-12-21_0-52-10-93iwscc.jpg

3 minutes ago, Chris97 said:

Hello,

Here is a new amazing ground speed with the 777-300ER performing a flight from VHHH to KSFO.

Hey Chris,

Funny you should mention this as a real world 744 pilot friend of mine just sent me a pic of the ND in his 744 showing a GS of 703 with a 194 tailwind.  Crazy winds but showing that your flightsim weather program was sending your sim accurate winds (he was on a pacific route as well).

Could you imagine flying INTO that headwind?:blink:  I think I'd just park the plane or look for a better altitude, hehe.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

@Steve Dra

Yeah, 194-197 tailwind is really crazy. I'm using Active Sky for P3D v4. But I had to increase the speed to .860 to get 700+ GS. Normally, I fly the 77W with .844.

Anyway my question: The 744 is able to fly faster compared to the 77W? Because you can fly .870 till .890 without getting overspeed?

7 minutes ago, Chris97 said:

Anyway my question: The 744 is able to fly faster compared to the 77W? Because you can fly .870 till .890 without getting overspeed?

Matt Davies hit 740 knots GS at Mach .900 with a monstrous tailwind. If I recall correctly, they both have around the same cruise speed, .855, so they are around the same speed. Whether you overspeed or not largely depends on winds aloft, rather than airframe differences.

40 minutes ago, Chris97 said:

Is 703 GS a new record with a PMDG 777-300ER? But overall... GS 703 is crazy :D

I think I’ve hit 716 in the LR on a Pacific route from Sydney to LAX with a monstrous tail wing, 703 is pretty fast though.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, Chris97 said:

a crazy high ground speed of 665 knots

I've seen that a bunch of times flying NOPAC on R220 in the B707, sometimes over 700.  Friends who flew the CV880 tell stories of 750.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

7 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Matt Davies hit 740 knots GS at Mach .900 with a monstrous tailwind. If I recall correctly, they both have around the same cruise speed, .855, so they are around the same speed. Whether you overspeed or not largely depends on winds aloft, rather than airframe differences.

Yes, because the 744 is able to fly a Mmo (max. Mach) of .920... And the 77W has Mmo (max. Mach) of .890... But If you look at my screenshot... .860 is close to getting overspeed. But under same conditions it should be able to fly the 744 with .890 or .900 :) That's why I think the 744 can be faster ovall. Because you can fly near the max. Mach speed.

4 minutes ago, Chris97 said:

Yes, because the 744 is able to fly a Mmo (max. Mach) of .920... And the 77W has Mmo (max. Mach) of .890... But If you look at my screenshot... .860 is close to getting overspeed. But under same conditions it should be able to fly the 744 with .890 or .900 :) That's why I think the 744 can be faster ovall. Because you can fly near the max. Mach speed.

Thanks for the correction, I haven’t looked at the MMO speeds in a while...