Sign in to follow this  
Henry_C

Pressure reading in lower altimeter wrong

Hi,

When setting the pressure in the In Hg window of the lower altimeter, the second digit always reads zero. E.g., instead of 29.92 it reads 20.92.

FYI, I have the S550 Citation II extension pack installed. Apparently this is a bug in the supplied software, since the screen shots on the Carenado page show it as well.

See: https://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flightsimulatorpilot.com%2Ffspmain%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F02%2F10990802_782217341855082_8666225101646505253_o.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flightsimulatorpilot.com%2Ffspmain%2F%3Fm%3D201502&docid=4OBA5ncLl9ZB2M&tbnid=mqEzwfQO4ui-hM%3A&vet=1&w=1097&h=597&bih=1424&biw=2560&ved=0ahUKEwjei83Y4__UAhUHKVAKHWjKA8EQxiAIGigF&iact=c&ictx=1

Best regards,

Henry

Hi,

I am interested who else is encountering this problem. I see some screen shots and movies properly displaying the second digit (e.g. showing 29.92 instead of 20.92 like on my rig), but just as many where the second digit apparently is stuck to 0. Could this be related to having the expansion pack installed or not?

I know this is a minor bug, but it is annoying nevertheless, once you know it is there.

Best regards,

Henry

AFAIK, that is an issue with the S/II that Carenado never bothered to fix in any of the service packs.  With or without expansion pack.  Where are you seeing it fixed?

Thanks for the reply. If you look for screen shots using Google Search, you will find some screen shots that show a correct reading.

Regards,

Henry

Also take a look at YouTube. E.g. " Carenado Citation II -KHQM - ILS 24 with ATC".  Weird why it works fine on some computers and not on other.

Interesting.  I can't explain that.  I'm not aware of a fix that's publicly available.  The issue as I understand it is that the movement of the 3D drum for that digit was animated incorrectly.  I suppose you could edit the model file with a hex editor, find that animation and try to change it, but that's...difficult.

As best I recall, I had to edit the model file to fix it...

20.92 is indeed what the released model shows..

This was in 2015... not sure I can even figure out the various patches that Carenado released at the time..

Hopefully, the V4 release is better..

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

As best I recall, I had to edit the model file to fix it...

20.92 is indeed what the released model shows..

This was in 2015... not sure I can even figure out the various patches that Carenado released at the time..

Hopefully, the V4 release is better..

Are you using V4?  I've been wondering if CareAbeo has fixed anything other than basic compatibility with those updates.   I will probably move to from FSX DX10 to P3Dv4 at some point (if for no reason other than the elimination of VAS issues), but nothing has broken my inertia just yet.

8 hours ago, C525B said:

Are you using V4?  I've been wondering if CareAbeo has fixed anything other than basic compatibility with those updates.   I will probably move to from FSX DX10 to P3Dv4 at some point (if for no reason other than the elimination of VAS issues), but nothing has broken my inertia just yet.

I have fsx and p3dv4 side by side, each on its own ssd.

The planes are the same, as best I can tell.. my mods still work..

Waiting for the gns and gtn gauges to be released.

The main step forward, for me, is no more popping up of clumps of trees..

The landscape is steady and the lighting better.

Fsx by comparison is almost like a cartoon, not as believable.

Bert

Thanks for the info, Bert. Good to know that I do not have to spend my time on trying to find a gauge that has to be modified. Editing the model file seems a step too far for me. Therefore, I just pretend it is a broken instrument and patiently wait until Carenado provides a fix.

Best regards,

Henry

20 minutes ago, Henry_C said:

... and patiently wait until Carenado provides a fix.

99.9% chance that this will not happen....

Well, there is always hope, even though some people call this "delayed disappointment". :happy:

19 minutes ago, Henry_C said:

Well, there is always hope, even though some people call this "delayed disappointment". :happy:

If the V4 model is wrong one more time, I'll figure out the fix and publish what needs to be changed.

• Upvote 1

Bert

I trust Carenado is paying you handsomely for this...and the countless other fixes you've provided. Not that I'm a big Carenado fan (I've only got about 15!) but your work IS appreciated.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.