Sign in to follow this  
markmasterson

Have you noticed you are flying more and tweaking less

I don't tweak at all anymore, I have different setting profiles set up (i.e VFR, complex jet IFR, night flying etc). I just load up the sim, choose my settings profile and fly. Loving v4.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

I never had trouble flying in the pure sense, but I could never fly a full day r/w NGX schedule in and out of major hubs. Now I'm flying MIA-JFK-LHR routes, in the PMDG 777LR, with very high settings, and not a care in the world.  

This is just the beginning of even greater things to come. Until then, I'm enjoying the final 3 hours of a flight from YSSY to KLAX in the PMDG 747ER. After about 1:30 I will return to YSSY w/o quitting P3Dv4, and with no concern of OOM :happy:

• Upvote 1

Taken me 25 years to find the best machine and the best sim. Finally I can enjoy flight sim the way it was meant to be. 0 tweaks, and high settings.

• Upvote 2

V4 is truly an install and forget sim.   Flying into Flightbeam's KSFO from London non-stop with a full fat FTX Northern California region loaded, the PMDG 747 and PTA was truly the stuff only dreams were made of up until only a few months ago.  I have some graphics anomalies to sort out but the tweaking and tinkering overall are a thing of the past.

Fly V 3.4, never tweak. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Fly V 3.4, never tweak. 

Here we go again. 

Just now, swiesma said:

Here we go again. 

My success with V 3.4 really bothers some.  Sad.  

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

My success with V 3.4 really bothers some.  Sad.  

Yep. Sure. 

I am glad v3 works this good for you. For the majority v4 works better and opens a lot of new possibilities. And now?!

I think no one here is in any way jealous or whatever. 

I am tired of this v3 vs v4 stuff. Sorry. 

Just now, swiesma said:

Yep. Sure. 

I am glad v3 works this good for you. For the majority v4 works better and opens a lot of new possibilities. And now?!

I think no one here is in any way jealous or whatever. 

I am tired of this v3 vs v4 stuff. Sorry. 

The thread is about tweaking versus flying. It said nothing about which version someone is using. I included the version that I have now to make it relevant to my comment.Sorry if that causes you angst.  :dry:

Mostly just flying, but last night was fiddling with AM, due to a recent thread about it and because I like to. Without question P3DV4 is the, er, my #1 sim. :biggrin:

Greg       

• Upvote 2

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

46 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The thread is about tweaking versus flying. It said nothing about which version someone is using. I included the version that I have now to make it relevant to my comment.Sorry if that causes you angst.  :dry:

:'-)

you are funny as always. Yes it causes "Angst" that you are still on the old version and happy with it :-D

I will ignore you now and wish you a happy staying at v3.