Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

P3D v4 Doesent Start at all

I have a similar problem and I have three times completely uninstalled using the P3D Uninstall document and have reinstalled three times and P3D v4 will not even load.

Now I need to explain some background - the first time I installed P3D v4 everything worked perfectly. I used it for a couple days and thought I would like to try adding in one of my favorite 3rd party airports - well that was a dumb thing to do because after that P3D would not load.

Yes I now realize I should not have done that but I figured I would just uninstall and reinstall and all would be good - well three tries later and it just does not load.

The only error message I got during the install can be seen in the attached printscreen link and my response to the error message was the IGNORE button - https://goo.gl/photos/RzxYF7XuSA3cjvE79

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

try deleting the file SceneryStatus.bin from Program Data before initiating P3DV4 forcing a reconstruction of the scenery data base.

If it works youll have to do it each time before running P3DV4

2 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

I have a similar problem and I have three times completely uninstalled using the P3D Uninstall document and have reinstalled three times and P3D v4 will not even load.

Now I need to explain some background - the first time I installed P3D v4 everything worked perfectly. I used it for a couple days and thought I would like to try adding in one of my favorite 3rd party airports - well that was a dumb thing to do because after that P3D would not load.

Yes I now realize I should not have done that but I figured I would just uninstall and reinstall and all would be good - well three tries later and it just does not load.

The only error message I got during the install can be seen in the attached printscreen link and my response to the error message was the IGNORE button https://goo.gl/photos/RzxYF7XuSA3cjvE79

Any help would be appreciated.

I just discovered my problem and have tested it out four times with the same results...

I normally have MSI Afterburner running which increase ever so slight my GPU Clock Speed.

I closed Afterburner and P3D opened no problem and everytime I turned Afterburner on P3D would not open.

So now I know the problem but now it would be nice to know why and/or if there is a workaround for this as I do like the extra clock speed  -- however, with P3D v4 maybe that is not needed.

Regards, Dane

19 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

try deleting the file SceneryStatus.bin from Program Data before initiating P3DV4 forcing a reconstruction of the scenery data base.

If it works youll have to do it each time before running P3DV4

Thanks for your reply but I just found my problem and posted it...

Regards, Dane

There is very little gain from overclocking the GPU. It is also quite possible you have it set to a point where it is not stable. Several things to try - 

set MSIAB to default (no overclock) - does P3D load now? If no - try getting a newer version or reinstalling MSIAB

If P3D does load, then try increasing the gpu clock in small increments until it doesn't work again. Then back down a notch.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

There is very little gain from overclocking the GPU. It is also quite possible you have it set to a point where it is not stable. Several things to try - 

set MSIAB to default (no overclock) - does P3D load now? If no - try getting a newer version or reinstalling MSIAB

If P3D does load, then try increasing the gpu clock in small increments until it doesn't work again. Then back down a notch.

Vic

Thanks Vic,

I now have P3D loading with MSIAB, it actually was a setting in the associated RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server) that when I unchecked it all was good.

So for me my problem is behind me now - thanks to all.

Regards, Dane

Split from similar topic.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10