Sign in to follow this  
amoraitis

Fokker 70/100

Hi everyone!

I started getting that all familiar rush today... You know, the one you get when you've learned most of what you can learn about a certain addon aircraft and you start feeling the need to move on to something new. I was browsing through the websites of several flight simulation related stores and it dawned on me that there is not a single Fokker F70/F100 addon (the long gone Project Fokker and the abandonware Digital Design don't count). Now, granted, even in real life they weren't all that popular, it was mostly European carriers that used it but it was different enough from any Boeing/Airbus that it seems to me there should be a fair amount of interest on these two planes, certainly enough to grant a modern simulation from some developer. Am I the only one feeling there is a void that needs to be filled?

Cheers,

Achilleas

Lionheart Creations has a Fokker 100 in development.

John

That's very interesting, I didn't know that!

Cheers,

Achilleas

I agree. I still keep FS9 running so I can use the Project Fokker F70. It was a great aircraft up to and beyond some payware of the time.

I hope Lionheart develops the F70 alongside the F100 - it was a more useful and more popular aircraft. It should not mean a huge amount of extra work as they shared the same cockpit.

KLM is still flying some F70s in Europe.

Supporter.png

John

1 hour ago, betelgeuse said:

KLM is still flying some F70s in Europe.

Unfortunately not for long.
On October 29th the last F70 flight will be flown.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

While i respect every developer in FSWorld, this won't be a great Fokker version unfortunately. Systems depth will be minor.

I really hope they change their minds about this, but i don't think so.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

55 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

While i respect every developer in FSWorld, this won't be a great Fokker version unfortunately. Systems depth will be minor.

I really hope they change their minds about this, but i don't think so.

Hi Nuno!
Wouldn't it be great if Lionheart were to partner up with Flight1 or DA or whoever owns the rights for the F70/F100 and use those systems? Of course this being the FS community this will most likely never happen...

Cheers,

Achilleas

But of course!  I'd love to have a good Fokker model. DA's version was outstanding, if only they finished it :(

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Or at least refund part of the price to those who bought it with the promise of a VC...

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎.‎7‎.‎2017 at 3:14 PM, amoraitis said:

Am I the only one feeling there is a void that needs to be filled?

Cheers,

Achilleas

No, you are not alone. I´d love to have one in P3D!

• Upvote 1

Perhaps if a large enough number of simmers existed Flight1 might consider giving the project another look, like they did with the LevelD 767 (another oldie but goldie).

Cheers,

Achilleas

On 12/07/2017 at 0:36 PM, amoraitis said:

Hi Nuno!
Wouldn't it be great if Lionheart were to partner up with Flight1 or DA or whoever owns the rights for the F70/F100 and use those systems? Of course this being the FS community this will most likely never happen...

Cheers,

Achilleas

Maybe it has. But I live more in hope than expectation.

• Upvote 1

Supporter.png

John

20 minutes ago, betelgeuse said:

Maybe it has. But I live more in hope than expectation.

Don't we all? ;)