Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Jagged edges around control surfaces,

Hello all,

I am using FSX:SE with DX10 and with Steve's DX10 fixer. I believe i have got all the settings as per instructed in the Manuel, However when i view the aircraft from an outside spot view it seems where the the control surfaces join onto the wing it appears jagged, I know things like this are down to anti analising settings but i think i've got them maxed and all set how i was told to with the instructions.

Does anyone know of something i might be missing when using the DX10 Fixer? It's a bit off putting, The rest of the aircraft appears very smooth with no problems, It's just around the ailerons and elevators etc.. 

9 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Does anyone know of something i might be missing when using the DX10 Fixer? It's a bit off putting, The rest of the aircraft appears very smooth with no problems, It's just around the ailerons and elevators etc.. 

That tool isn't a complete solution. It isn't supported by us (DX10 isn't at all, actually).

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

That tool isn't a complete solution. It isn't supported by us (DX10 isn't at all, actually).

Hi Kyle

I wasn't sure if it was, Thank you for letting me know. Its a tough one because i get so much better performance using DX10. Just need to get that wing looking smooth. I will have to double check i don't have it when not using DX10. Hmm

2 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Hi Kyle

I wasn't sure if it was, Thank you for letting me know. Its a tough one because i get so much better performance using DX10. Just need to get that wing looking smooth. I will have to double check i don't have it when not using DX10. Hmm

Could you attach a picture so we can see what you mean specifically

20 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Could you attach a picture so we can see what you mean specifically

Sure, here it is.

It seems a little harder to see in a pic compared to the sim but if you look you can see it doesn't appear totally smooth. 20170712124209_1.jpg

Do you mean the outline of each control surface is jagged?

Yes, That's what i mean, That's what i'm trying to determine if its normal. A friend of mine said it was, but i wanted to check with the pro's 

42 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Yes, That's what i mean, That's what i'm trying to determine if its normal. A friend of mine said it was, but i wanted to check with the pro's 

To be honest I've never noticed before (never looked close enough) but it does seem off.

Looks more like you have a too low AA setting ....

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

To be honest I've never noticed before (never looked close enough) but it does seem off.

Hmm, I'm unsure what settings to change, I believe i've maxed out everything as far AA settings go. 

23 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Looks more like you have a too low AA setting ....

That's what it looks like, i agree. I don't think i can increase AA settings anymore than i have within FSX or DX10 Fixer.