Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Where are profiles stored

Ernie, I just want to make 100% sure that I understand this correctly. If I load a freeware plane, set up a few cameras and fly it for an hour or a day and then uninstall it. Can I then install that plane again in a few months and get those exact cameras (which I set up) back instantly, without having to load or import or search anything? Do I have to enable "share" for this to work or does it PERMANENTLY save it in my personal folder somewhere on FSFX server (ie "the cloud"), NEVER to be erased by "the cloud"?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

All of the aircraft that I created profiles for and subsequently deleted are displayed when I select "Import Views" as are any installed aircraft I created a profile for.  

I would suppose that CP will automatically link these if I reinstall the aircraft, but even if that's not the case, I can 'import' them back into the appropriate aircraft.

Later tonight I may reinstall one of the 'deleted' aircraft as a test..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Presets are stored in the cloud and aren't deleted when you remove an aircraft. If you reinstall an aircraft, even on a new system, the presets will be there waiting for you.

It's really as simple as it can be!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

OK thanks Ernie and Keven, I've since played around and found that cameras set up in FSX boxed are also picked up by the same aircraft in FSX Steam and I suspect the same will happen in P3D (haven't tried it yet). Yes, it really is very convenient and clever indeed.

As convenient as this is, I can't help recalling an aircraft add-on I bought two years ago, the BAe Hawk T1 from a company called Skysim (think the guy's name is Rick Piper). It had a very convoluted online registration process and not long after I bought the plane he closed shop, rendering the product uninstallable. My concern therefore is that one day, when FSFX developers grow tired of this business and close the website, we are well and truly stuffed. Or what if the website goes down or gets hacked?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

We take great care of our network's security and we have more redundancy than we could ever want. I'm not worried about that.

ChasePlane is a software that needs to be kept up to date to work properly. Sadly, with the current state of the ESP (FSX/P3D) platform, we need to update stuff with every new build of the sim. This is true for multiple developers in the community and is a sad reality we need to deal with. If we are to go out of business someday, we will make sure people with the software can continue using it without the advanced features that require frequent up keeping.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

OK cool Keven, I know you must be getting tired of fielding these same questions just asked differently each time. I can see you are very dedicated, your customer service is extraordinary and your reassurance about continuity if things go bad, goes a hell of a long way. Look, I have bought into your product so I'm along for the ride regardless. And to be honest I'm really enjoying it, haven't even scratched the surface and it's already giving me what I want and possibly more.

Really glad you are enjoying it so far! We dedicated our lives to this project for over 2 years now and the results are incredible!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42