Sign in to follow this  
Shanbec

PMDG Operations Center is breaking my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

So, I accidentally updated the PMDG Operations Center, and when trying to open up the aircraft documents for the 737 NGX on it in Acrobat Reader DC, it just doesn't open up. Messing around with it a little, I reckon it open is and runs it, but it's nowhere to be seen, not even in task manager. This is because as I tried to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Reader, it told me to close the current Acrobat Reader windows that WERE open, though I couldn't see any. I could only close these apparent windows by restarting my computer. After reinstalling Acrobat Reader, I can open PDFs from other locations on the computer, but as soon as I try to click on the link in the PMDG Operations Center, it breaks it again. I'm considering maybe reinstalling the Operations Center, but I have no idea where to get the download from again.

Sam Elliott

Edited by Shanbec
Did not sign with full name

Try opening a PDF file from somewhere else and see if your Adobe Reader works properly.

Zicheng Cai

It did this to me a year or so ago. I believe I fixed it by reinstaller Acrobat, but it may have also required changing the default programs back.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Also have this issue. I have to find the documents through windows explorerer and manually open them with the "open with" function by right clicking on the doc

Mark Javornik

5 hours ago, Cai Zicheng said:

Try opening a PDF file from somewhere else and see if your Adobe Reader works properly.

Yes, it does.

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It did this to me a year or so ago. I believe I fixed it by reinstaller Acrobat, but it may have also required changing the default programs back.

What do you mean by changing the default programs back?

1 hour ago, Shanbec said:

Yes, it does.

What do you mean by changing the default programs back?

I asusme he means the default program with which to open .pdf files...

So, that's what's going on with my Reader.

I hadn't connected OC with messing up AR. I had to either restart or log-out/log-in to fix it.

Thanks for posting this.

Did anyone make a report to PMDG?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

I know a report was made to them some time ago, but I don't recall the outcome.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I've seen something very similar with Adobe Reader.  For example, if I have a pdf open in the reader and click on another pdf file to open it the result is an OS message that says the application is already running or something like that.  I have to close the reader to open a new pdf sometimes.  Right now all seems to be working and I never have taken the time to track down the event.

Dan Downs KCRP

So, still no solutions then? I feel a little cheated by PMDG because it's not easy to operate the 737 without the FCOMS, FCTM and QRH. I'm able to get Introduction and Tutorials 1 & 2 elswhere on my system, but I can only find the FCOMS, FCTM and QRH in the OC.

3 hours ago, Shanbec said:

I'm able to get Introduction and Tutorials 1 & 2 elswhere on my system, but I can only find the FCOMS, FCTM and QRH in the OC.

All documents are with the product folder, for example ....\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Flight Manuals.  Adobe Reader's behavior in your system is not anything PMDG can do anything about.  If it didn't work for hundreds of folks then there is a PMDG problem, but just a few not.

Dan Downs KCRP