Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

LM working on rain effects.

On an interview with PCflight.net Adam Breed from Lockheed Martin explained some of the future things coming for P3D. There seems to be a prototype of a rain effects in the Mooney Bravo that will be released in the future as well as the capability for developers to add it to their platforms. 

Here is the quote and article. 

https://pcflight.net/prepar3d-developer-interview/

Another question that was quite popular was to do with rain effects on the wind shield, will this be coming to P3D?

Due to the new way our scripting system works, the old effect method was scrapped.  The new way is much more powerful and we expect to see developers utilizing it very shortly.  You will also see it added to more of our default vehicles.  What might come as a surprise to some users, the Mooney Bravo has a prototype of this effect, but the effect isn’t something we are showcasing yet – it needs more refinement for large scale inclusion

• Upvote 3

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

That's a great article.  I still don't understand the obsession with rain effects though.

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

5 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

That's a great article.  I still don't understand the obsession with rain effects though.

As a certified pilot with IFR rating there is nothing like it the first time you fly through rain or in IMC. It truly is impressing even intimidating when your not used to it. So not having it in a sim really is just a complete immersion killer. 

• Upvote 5

Signature.png

3 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

As a certified pilot with IFR rating there is nothing like it the first time you fly through rain or in IMC. It truly is impressing even intimidating when your not used to it. So not having it in a sim really is just a complete immersion killer. 

or a decent ATC...

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, Drumcode said:

or a decent ATC...

I don't know I can live with out that. I prefer Vatsim. Especially when when someone says something stupid in the frequency. Then it really is as real as it can get. 

• Upvote 2

Signature.png

Really can't wait to see their implementation, definitely on the top of my wishlist. Could add such an incredible sense of immersion.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I only mentioned it because it is constantly being pushed to the side, from one developer to another and from one version to another. Been around simulators for a while and was never bothered with Vatsim for the lack of coverage. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

11 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I only mentioned it because it is constantly being pushed to the side, from one developer to another and from one version to another. Been around simulators for a while and was never bothered with Vatsim for the lack of coverage. 

Tried Vatsim for a couple of years, and got tired of mostly flying on Unicomm. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Sounds like a lot of neat things will be coming from the developers in the near future. 

On a related note I saw this on the same site..."In an open letter to the community, some of the industries biggest scenery developers including FlyTampa, FlightBeam Studios, FSDT & 29Palms announced that all their future products will be for P3D V4 only!" Sounds like past versions of P3d will not die a slow death like FSX.

• Upvote 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

It will be a plug just pulled. I will be moving in completely as soon as the NGX is here. 

• Upvote 2

Signature.png

Sounds like another nail getting hammered in on the coffin for Dovetails Flight Sim World.

• Upvote 2

“Flying should not be a journey to the destination with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved Aircraft,

but rather to skid sideways in a cloud of smoke down the runway, engines on fire, passengers screaming, physically worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! That was one hell of a Ride and we're on Schedule!”

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

Immersion?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, bedgie said:

Sounds like another nail getting hammered in on the coffin for Dovetails Flight Sim World.

It was about the only thing going for it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Saw he mentioned there was a prototype rain effect on the default Mooney, so I checked it out and did a recording if anyone else was interested

https://streamable.com/rex9t

Thankfully that's just a prototype.

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB