Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Obtaining new serial numbers for Carenado aircraft

Hi,

I've purchased a number of  Carenado aircraft from The FlightSim Store that have now been updated for v4, however new serial numbers are required for these aircraft.

I've lodged a support ticket a week ago requesting how to obtain new serial numbers but unfortunately no response as yet.

Can someone who has been through this process with FSS let us know what needs to be done.

Thanks for any assistance offered.

Kind regards

From what I have heard they haven't been the easiest bunch to deal with during the process.

Hopefully they get their act together I also have a few Carenado aircraft bought over there. Needless to say I won't buy anything there anymore.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, PaulFWatts said:

I've lodged a support ticket a week ago requesting how to obtain new serial numbers but unfortunately no response as yet.

I purchased from Carenado and I just logon to my account at Carenado and the new serial number is there.  I suspect the same process would occur at FSS where you would logon to download the V4 update and the new serial number is right there too.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding.

They had their own wrapper for these planes which did not require a serial number (it used the FSS order number from memory and email address) so there is no where on their download page that shows a serial number.

Looks like the new v4 installs from FSS use the Carenado installer which requires a serial number.

An update: I've just seen another section on their website that may have the info I need. Wasn't on the download page. I'll test this out today when I get time and post the section on the website where it is in case others have same problem.

You can then close this thread.

I have been waiting several days for a response from FSS on the matter of Carenado P3D v4 updates.  When I go into my account and check the download files for aircraft Carenado says have been updated to P3D v4 most don't indicate that this change has been made - still v3 or earlier.  I like to support my fellow Aussies but my patience on this issue is starting to wear a  bit thin.

Bruceb

• Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I've discovered there is a  separate section called "Product Registration Details".

However there is only one Carenado plane in there  out of the six or so I've bought through FSS and it is for v3 not v4.

Others I've purchased through FSS have definitely been updated to v4 but not showing up.

I agree that it is frustrating that it doesn't show if it has been updated for v4 but have had this same frustration on many of the sites I have purchased add-ons from.

Coincidentally? I just received an email from FSS with a serial number for the B1900D.

Hopefully this is a sign that the others will follow.

Hi,

I experience the same but only for the Piper Seneca V. I wanted to reinstall it into v4 and was faced with the message that my install limit has been reached.

So, I went to contact FSS support to reset my serial for the Seneca V or to get a new one.

Guess what, they sent me a new serial for the B1900D today ...

I am not sure if they are currently on top of the events. When back from work I will need to file a new ticket with them since their clumsy ticketing system does not allow direct answers for end users...

Best Regards

Frank

I'm curious if any of you with FlightSim Store issues (regarding new serial numbers for Carenado V4 compatible releases) have had them resolved.

I own a few Carenado aircraft through them, one of which has been upgraded by FSS to the new V4 compatible installer and I'd really like to use: The 337H. I can download the new installer, but when I go to run it, it asks for a serial number, which of course the original never had.

I submitted a ticket a week approximately a week ago, and haven't heard a word. I'm patient, but it'd be nice to get this over with.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'm not happy with the FlightSim Store either regarding this matter. From now on I will purchase from vendors only.

5 hours ago, bills511 said:

I'm not happy with the FlightSim Store either regarding this matter. From now on I will purchase from vendors only.

I agree - I have my Carenado purchases all over the place and for those not purchased directly, I have to wait for the new serial numbers.  

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I had my case solved (see above) silently. When I tried to install the Piper Seneca V into P3Dv4 it worked this time. But this was without further notice from the FSS support team. If I had not tried it out on my own from time to time I would still not know that the install limit for my serial had been reset.

I am still waiting to receive new serials for my other Carenado aircraft that are P3Dv4 ready, such as the AC114 or the Baron 58, for example.

Yes, I too have decided to purchase directly from the developers in the future if possible.

Best Regards

Frank

I opened a ticket with FlightSim Store to get the code for the Carenado B58 but I haven't heard anything. I did get an email from PCAviator with the code for the A36 last week.

Richard

You should check your store account. When I returned from work this evening and checked my account I found that new serials for the Baron 58 and for the AC11 have been added.
All will be fine in the end...

Cheers
Frank

I got a response from the ticket I opened a couple hours ago and they said the serial numbers would be posted soon. Just checked and I have the B58 serial number.

Richard