Sign in to follow this  
FernandoDiniz

Jagged/Shimmering runway edge lines (DX10 + Steves Fix)

Good Night.

I have fsx se with REx 4 texture (orbx, vector...) direct installed + Directx 10 and Steves Fix.

My options on the D10 Controller and Nvidia Inspector are 8x and 8 sssg.

My GPU is NVIDIA  Gigabyte G1 gaming 1070.

Those runway lines  keep moving all the time, so it really catches my attention. Does it have a solution ?

Thank you very much

0q4MJzQ.jpg&key=817e032bf4a260ab9ecbacc1

Hi Fernando, I had the same problem. In my case I use a 1080p TV as my monitor. Initially had FSX resolution set to 1920×1080. After much tweaking the following made it look better.

1. I adjusted the TV setting setting the sharpness to zero, this eliminated the pixelation but made it blurry.

2. And set DSR to 4x in the Nvidia control panel, then set the FSX to the higher resolution available after setting DSR. Which is basically 4k.

I got the DSR idea from the fixer guide. Never even knew it was there.

• Upvote 1

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

18 minutes ago, joelpacheco said:

Hi Fernando, I had the same problem. In my case I use a 1080p TV as my monitor. Initially had FSX resolution set to 1920×1080. After much tweaking the following made it look better.

1. I adjusted the TV setting setting the sharpness to zero, this eliminated the pixelation but made it blurry.

2. And set DSR to 4x in the Nvidia control panel, then set the FSX to the higher resolution available after setting DSR. Which is basically 4k.

I got the DSR idea from the fixer guide. Never even knew it was there.

Your problem was in everywhere or just the runway ?

Anyway, thansks for the tip, im gonna try it!

Sorry it didn't work.

Yes in my case the white lines of the runways looked like moving (barber pole effect) as I taxi and also the taxi lines were jagged. Everything else was fine.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

As stated in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide, under Scenery Objects, turn off ground shadows.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 hours ago, Jim Young said:

As stated in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide, under Scenery Objects, turn off ground shadows.

It was already off Jim. 

12 hours ago, joelpacheco said:

Sorry it didn't work.

Yes in my case the white lines of the runways looked like moving (barber pole effect) as I taxi and also the taxi lines were jagged. Everything else was fine.

My taxiways are ok Joel, its only the runway side white lines. The DSR seemed to soften it just a little bit, so i guess the problem is from another source. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, FernandoDiniz said:

It was already off Jim

Strange!  Hope you find a fix!!

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, FernandoDiniz said:

i complete reinstalled the game and addons and the problem is gone now. Thanks Jim amd Joel!

I was hoping to see a fix other than a complete reinstall of FSX and all addons.  That's a miserable way to fix an issue!  I have many, many addons and have never seen this issue after installing Steve's DX10 Fixer.  I was watching this thread as I was hoping to put something about it in the AVSIM FSX Config Guide.  I am constantly going around the Internet looking for new issues and fixes but I'm certainly not going to recommend a complete reinstall of FSX and all of one's add-ons!  Thanks for posting your "solution".

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

Obviously you had a very basic installation with minimal addons to begin with, and still do, in order to be back up and running so quickly. Glad it worked for you, but for most people reinstallation is too radical of an option to even consider at the drop of a hat.

Agree.  The AVSIM CTD Guide has a link to a Windows Repair program that will bring Windows back to the default without reinstalling.  I think most of the issues are caused by the installation of FSX though (or an add-on).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I solved the problem on my setup as follows:  set Steve's DX 10 fixer at 8xCSAA for antialiasing.  Be sure to have the libraries installed.  Set Nvidia Inspector at AA mode=application controlled; AA setting at 16xS and AA transparency at 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling.   If you have Rex 4 texture installed, you may have to go to settings and uncheck runway markings (I did this but did not try whether this was essential).

My graphics card is an Nvidia 745.

Good luck

Jim

• Upvote 2