Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[12JUL17] First Ever Triple Product Line Update at PMDG...

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Well, if there was ever a time to pull the plug on what has been 19 years of 32 bit flight simming, now is it. Time to say goodbye to P3D v3.4 and hello to v4. The wife is going to kill me but my weekend has suddenly become booked with uninstalls and installs.

Book your wife a "wellness weekend" somewere ;-)

• Upvote 2

Pelle Liljendal

Developer of Flightplan Visualizer

49 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Well, if there was ever a time to pull the plug on what has been 19 years of 32 bit flight simming, now is it. Time to say goodbye to P3D v3.4 and hello to v4. The wife is going to kill me but my weekend has suddenly become booked with uninstalls and installs.

If your experience in V4 is half as good as mine has been thus far Eric, you'll be asking yourself why you didnt get V4 when it was released! (flying an AA 737 as I type and the lighting is just stunning!)

There are not enough superlatives in the English language to adequately describe how much V4 has changed my simming experience (and I have a few years of simming under my belt as well, hehe).

One thing I can recommend during the update is if you had an affinity setting in your P3d V3 config, I'd replicate it in V4. That is all I really did as far as tweaking goes (other than the normal in-sim tweaks we all do to adjust the settings to our unique systems).

I can't describe how smooth and beautiful it runs on my now-modest system (4790k with a GTX970 running at 4k on a 55 inch 4k TV).

My advice to the weekend plans: Get up really early and start them, then do some things on the honey-do list, periodically check back on the status of the installs. :biggrin:   Fly in the evening, and be Prepar3D (pun intended) to experience V4. :cool:

Robert and crew:  Bravo on the latest gem in the crown!   I didn't know how much I missed the 737 until I found myself setting 10-15% fuel loads in the 777 and 747 to replicate routes I like to fly in the little Boeing, hehe.  Plus the stares at the ramps where I was parking the leviathans meant for their little brother, LOL! 

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

There are not enough superlatives in the English language to adequately describe how much V4 has changed my simming experience (and I have a few years of simming under my belt as well, hehe).

Couldn't say it better

3 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Robert and crew:  Bravo on the latest gem in the crown!   I didn't know how much I missed the 737 until I found myself setting 10-15% fuel loads in the 777 and 747 to replicate routes I like to fly in the little Boeing, hehe.  Plus the stares at the ramps where I was parking the leviathans meant for their little brother, LOL! 

Truuuuue

Gotta love it.   The NGX in a 64bit sim. Who wouldve thought to see the day years ago.  And its still an excellent sim model to this day. 

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it was a lot of work to make it 64bit. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

9 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Are you sure you're logged in to the correct account? Do you still have the purchase confirmation emails (should be 2 of them I believe).

Also just so you're aware, full names are required on the PMDG forums (and might allow a staff member to look up your account).

I have used my full name, I have a receipt from Paypal and PMDG for the transaction

Rich Holding

Just now, Rich Holding said:

I have used my full name, I have a receipt from Paypal and PMDG for the transaction

Ok but it needs to be signed in post, username doesn't count unfortunately. I suggest you do what most people do and set up a signature, means you don't forget and have people nagging each time!

Okay that's good that you have receipts still, I suggest opening a ticket and include your order number from that email, it might be the case you've made two store accounts and bought on the other one?

53 minutes ago, N405GJ said:

You will enjoy the 600/700 expansion when it is released. Personally, my favorite is that with the expansion you can simulate a BBJ fairly well, minus the different fuel tank configuration. Then your imagination is the limit. :)

I already have them in FSX since their original release - so I know that :-) Just bought them for P3D that is ;-)

9 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Ok but it needs to be signed in post, username doesn't count unfortunately. I suggest you do what most people do and set up a signature, means you don't forget and have people nagging each time!

Okay that's good that you have receipts still, I suggest opening a ticket and include your order number from that email, it might be the case you've made two store accounts and bought on the other one?

Boom! Spot on Chris I'd not registered the account when I purchased got the download from my PayPal email. Thanks for your help.

Rich Holding

5 minutes ago, Rich Holding said:

Boom! Spot on Chris I'd not registered the account when I purchased got the download from my PayPal email. Thanks for your help.

No problem glad I could help!!

Thank you PMDG!!

Just one thing, Will the feature be implemented for the NGX where if the sim is unfocased, the sound will still play in the backround

I have installed the NGX, and the updates for the 747 and 777. When I try to load into my sim at night with them. My sim now crashes. I have not seen this problem until installing these updates.