Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[12JUL17] First Ever Triple Product Line Update at PMDG...

16 minutes ago, Mungo Spencer said:

I have installed the NGX, and the updates for the 747 and 777. When I try to load into my sim at night with them. My sim now crashes. I have not seen this problem until installing these updates. 

Was not a PMDG problem after all. FlyTampa problem 

Currently downloading. Wondering if the new ground friction model is added to the NGX as well?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Excellent, but from now on everytime there's an update, it's required that we uninstall first and then reinstall? I though the operation center handles this so that we wouldn't have to do this?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

14 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Excellent, but from now on everytime there's an update, it's required that we uninstall first and then reinstall? I though the operation center handles this so that we wouldn't have to do this?

As Robert said in his initial post there were some installer changes needed. These can not be pushed from the OC hence the full unistall/reinstall routine

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

the NGX received it's fist major update in 18+ months as well as the addition of the awaited Prepar3D v4 compatibility

Would like to know what the "major update in 18+ months" are?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This is confusing. Back in the 1st of July we were told to uninstall and download new installers. About 2 weeks later we are told to do it again with even newer installers.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this quick work.  Appreciated.  and if it has any bugs I am sure you will handle it.  Good support of customers is what keeps us buying.

Harry Woodrow

1 hour ago, Will Menzies said:

Thank you PMDG!!

Just one thing, Will the feature be implemented for the NGX where if the sim is unfocased, the sound will still play in the backround

I hope not.....that is I can get work done when flying

Harry Woodrow

Thank you for pushing these 64 bit compatible birds free of charge after loıts of codework. 

Göksel Erkan

pmdg 737ngx, pmdg 777 200/300ER, asp4, asca, rextd, rexhd, fsuipc registered user.

38 minutes ago, Avantime said:

This is confusing. Back in the 1st of July we were told to uninstall and download new installers. About 2 weeks later we are told to do it again with even newer installers.

They had to make further changes to the install mechanics, hence the requirement to re-download the installers.

Thank you. Your efforts will be rewarded by future purchases. When we have a great dedicated developer, I cannot help but support what you do.

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

WHAT NEXT?:  PMDG 737-6700NGX later this week and the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster next week!

Then PMDG JS4100 P3Dv4 after that? *prays*

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Robert, I've just returned to flight simulation after 30 years and came across your products. I see there are a lot of requests for the "next product". Any chance of making the PMDG "birds" compatible for my Commodore 64 under the FS2 platform? 😂 Jokes aside, thanks to your team for a great product and your dedication to our hobby. Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

If you want it to go super smoothly, I'd strongly consider a full wipe and reinstall of windows just to remove any junk from previous installs. Of course, if that's not practical because of other software etc. then ignore me. And of course, this isn't recommended or not recommended by PMDG, but I have noticed a few problems people have had have been caused by junk ridden registries from previous installs. You're call

This is pretty good advice to follow if stuff starts to get bogged down. Coupled with all the junk that accumulates from using development stuff on my PC to work from home, I do reinstalls fairly often (sometimes as frequently as monthly) for this exact reason, although recently I've had to stretch it out because a certain developer blocks you from reactivating more than once every three months *coughchaseplanecough*

It seems that after a certain point, Windows just starts to develop very inconsistent behaviour and needs a clean start  (Although I found 10 worse for this because of it's habit of installing updates that randomly break things without asking)

Mark Fox