rsrandazzo

[12JUL17] First Ever Triple Product Line Update at PMDG...

153 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Uninstall of old and install of the new all went perfectly.  Great instructions...great support!!!  Thanks!

Your reputation is well deserved!

Looking forward to the DC-6.

Sheeesh, you guys keep late hours...

Thank you and the team for all of your hard work...

It's show time!
Thank you Robert and PMDG team.

Hoang Le.

Can i ask what is the purpose of the ops center when even minor updates are requiring another full download, uninstall and reinstall.

I appreciate the upfdates but isnt the ops center supposed to handle these minor updates?

Unlike some parts of the world our 125mb/Sec connection manages a massive 100K/sec from PMDG meaning 4 hours plus the time of reinstalling downloaded liveries etc scattered over 4 aircraft.

If its not working why even have it?

Great work getting the products working well in V4 but this full download/uninstall/reinstall thing with every update needs to be improved upon especially as the Ops Center is supposed to handle this.

Well done on the dynamic lighting..

1 minute ago, DEHowie said:

Can i ask what is the purpose of the ops center when even minor updates are requiring another full download, uninstall and reinstall.

I appreciate the upfdates but isnt the ops center supposed to handle these minor updates?

Unlike some parts of the world our 125mb/Sec connection manages a massive 100K/sec from PMDG meaning 4 hours plus the time of reinstalling downloaded liveries etc scattered over 4 aircraft.

If its not working why even have it?

Great work getting the products working well in V4 but this full download/uninstall/reinstall thing with every update needs to be improved upon especially as the Ops Center is supposed to handle this.

Well done on the dynamic lighting..

Probably due to the installation based stability fixes, requiring reinstalls.

Calling in sick for work!

Thanks to all at PMDG for the updates!

Thanks Robert and your amazing team for your undying commitment to excellence in what you guys deliver.  It's always worth the wait.  Proud customer here.  Thanks for keeping the bar set so high and congrats on the tripple product update!

Well, if there was ever a time to pull the plug on what has been 19 years of 32 bit flight simming, now is it. Time to say goodbye to P3D v3.4 and hello to v4. The wife is going to kill me but my weekend has suddenly become booked with uninstalls and installs.

Just now, B777ER said:

Well, if there was ever a time to pull the plug on what has been 19 years of 32 bit flight simming, now is it. Time to say goodbye to P3D v3.4 and hello to v4. The wife is going to kill me but my weekend has suddenly become booked with uninstalls and installs.

If you want it to go super smoothly, I'd strongly consider a full wipe and reinstall of windows just to remove any junk from previous installs. Of course, if that's not practical because of other software etc. then ignore me. And of course, this isn't recommended or not recommended by PMDG, but I have noticed a few problems people have had have been caused by junk ridden registries from previous installs. You're call