Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[12JUL17] Important NOTAM for PMDG 737NGX users

Captains,

Two NOTAMs that we want you to be aware of, and to help your fellow NGX pilots be aware of:

1) At release time, the PMDG Operations Center module for the FSX:SE version of the 737NGX is reporting the wrong version.  We don't know why...  If you are an FSX-SE user, just go grab your installer from your download account, even if the Operations Center is saying you are up to date.  You should have version 1.20.8389 to be on the MOST current version.  (We will get this fixed...)

2) With the 777, we changed the format of our livery naming convention.  This means that some users might not see their liveries for the 737NGX at first, because those are all listed alphabetically in the aircraft selection menu under B for "BOEING" rather than P for "PMDG."

We are evaluating whether we need to fix this long term- as it is a HUGE amount of work and can create more confusion than is needed...   For now- just scroll up and you will find them all there....

• Upvote 5

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

3 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

Two NOTAMs that we want you to be aware of, and to help your fellow NGX pilots be aware of:

1) At release time, the PMDG Operations Center module for the FSX:SE version of the 737NGX is reporting the wrong version.  We don't know why...  If you are an FSX-SE user, just go grab your installer from your download account, even if the Operations Center is saying you are up to date.  You should have version 1.20.8389 to be on the MOST current version.  (We will get this fixed...)

2) With the 777, we changed the format of our livery naming convention.  This means that some users might not see their liveries for the 737NGX at first, because those are all listed alphabetically in the aircraft selection menu under B for "BOEING" rather than P for "PMDG."

We are evaluating whether we need to fix this long term- as it is a HUGE amount of work and can create more confusion than is needed...   For now- just scroll up and you will find them all there....

Then there should be Alpha for "Airbus" or any other manufacturer beside Boeing in the future. Great news!

Yeap, I'm dreaming.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

For now- just scroll up and you will find them all there....

Or we can use the very handy search function to find whatever plane we'd like.  I use this all the time to find planes rather than scrolling through my rather long list. (blush).

Works great to find a specific airline, aircraft type, etc.  Want to find all the aircraft in your AA fleet?  Type "American" in the search box.  Hankern' to fly a 777F but not sure which freight company you want to fly for?  Type 777F in the box, you'll see em all.:wink:

(Click the image to see the screen in 4k glory, with my shiny new 737 NGX 'pit in P3d V4 as the background).

Gtj0eY.jpg

I'm hoping I'm showing a feature a lot of folks overlook, but is pretty invaluable when you have a huge fleet to pick from.  I use this feature all the time!

Thanks again RR and crew for the baby Boeing...she's a beaut!

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I do something similar Steve.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello,
I'm the proud owner of the boxed version 737NGX /FSX-SE
At Aerosoft I found an update numbered 1.20.8396.
My question is, this is the same or another update for 737NGX.

regards

Toon van Arenthals

55 minutes ago, easy2866 said:

Hello,
I'm the proud owner of the boxed version 737NGX /FSX-SE
At Aerosoft I found an update numbered 1.20.8396.
My question is, this is the same or another update for 737NGX.

regards

Toon van Arenthals

That is the latest update for the NGX yes. 

On ‎12‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 7:31 AM, rsrandazzo said:

(...)

(...)

Robert/all,

I noticed something similar, when selecting my brand new awesome DC-6 in FSX-SE: One of the versions (either pax or cargo, I do not remember exactly) shows up under the publisher PMDG selection, the other one could only be found under the aircraft/Douglas tag.

So maybe a small hint for DC-6 users would make sense, too.

Thank you all (Robert/team/testers) for the excellent and immersive DC-6 and all your updates and upgrades, including the very complete, leaves-nothing-to-be-desired NGX.

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

That is the latest update for the NGX yes. 

Thank you for the quick response

May I stop refreshing forum the whole weekend  waiting for 737 600 and 700 release? 

I don’t expect an STA, this is aviation. Just an ETA. Only if expected for weekend or not.

Thanks a Lot.